Wristbands

39 minutes ago, tOSUSteve said:

Yes, Wow bands were added during her amplification 

But they were optional to use and depending on your cabin category there was a fee if not included.

Going forward...who knows going forward. I personally don't care to wear them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

But they were optional to use and depending on your cabin category there was a fee if not included.

Going forward...who knows going forward. I personally don't care to wear them.

Personally, I used mine all of the time on the Anthem.  I found it to be very convenient when I needed to open our cabin door with things in my hands, for example.   On the other hand, my wife used hers maybe twice over a total of 40 days on the ship over the years.

Tom

31 minutes ago, lynnemac said:

I would not like to have to wear two different bracelets. But more important, do they come in designer colors?  😊

Agree.....When we were on Oasis they were all (RCI) blue....no choice. Of course anything can change going forward.

What happens on the ship.... doesn't stay on the ship... it gets tracked. 

The Tracelet™ is a comfortable, water-resistant, hypoallergenic wearable worn by all guests and crew during the cruise. The Tracelet™ helps us with contact tracing in the unlikely event of an onboard health concern. Therefore, everyone onboard regardless of age, needs to wear it. Should you be unable to wear it on your wrist, we will find another way for you to wear it. Any guest who chooses not to wear the Tracelet™ will be unable to sail.

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

What happens on the ship.... doesn't stay on the ship... it gets tracked. 

The Tracelet™ is a comfortable, water-resistant, hypoallergenic wearable worn by all guests and crew during the cruise. The Tracelet™ helps us with contact tracing in the unlikely event of an onboard health concern. Therefore, everyone onboard regardless of age, needs to wear it. Should you be unable to wear it on your wrist, we will find another way for you to wear it. Any guest who chooses not to wear the Tracelet™ will be unable to sail.

Hmmm...another way to wear it...Yikes...what comes to mind!

55 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Tracelet? I like to call them Stalklets.

Maybe in the real world (I know there is some pushback against Apple’s AirTag as relates to stalkers) but not sure how much more stalker-ish it will be given all the cameras on board.  Seems a faster, more efficient way to ascertain contact and minimize risk to me.  Granted, I definitely am not interested in wearing one non-stop (anymore than I want to wear a mask) but if it means they can quickly respond to any illness, and only quarantine affected passengers, then it sounds worth it to me.

• Like 1

If there is herd immunity they should not have to quarantine anyone.  Still not hearing the vaccine will keep vaccinated people safe, and the masks are a joke.  Just look at Biden, he wears one when it is convenient. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lynnemac said:

I would not like to have to wear two different bracelets. But more important, do they come in designer colors?  😊

The wow bands came in four colours.  Black, White, Blue and Yellow.  They would frequently run out if various colours. 

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

If people are vaccinated, they shouldn't have to quarantine anyone.

How so?  If someone tests positive, they are going to engage the next level of safety protocols, which will include quarantine for at least some.  Given that I’m booked on one of the summer sailings, I’ve read all the related fine print, and it is quite clear quarantine is a possible scenario on my cruise (on which everyone is to have been vaccinated ). The vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infection, or spread, as far as we know with current data.  And new or current variants could come in the equation as well.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Given RCI's IT issues, very unlikely.

Actually I read that they are working to combine the functionality of the two — when exactly that might happen, successfully, is another matter, and as you say, unlikely for now.

41 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

How so?  If someone tests positive, they are going to engage the next level of safety protocols, which will include quarantine for at least some.  Given that I’m booked on one of the summer sailings, I’ve read all the related fine print, and it is quite clear quarantine is a possible scenario on my cruise (on which everyone is to have been vaccinated ). The vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infection, or spread, as far as we know with current data.  And new or current variants could come in the equation as well.  

Even the CDC says you don't need to quarantine after exposure if you're vaccinated and asymptomatic.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Even the CDC says you don't need to quarantine after exposure if you're vaccinated and asymptomatic.

CDC is not writing the fine print for the RC sailings out of Nassau this summer.  

I'm actually wanting to know "the other ways to wear it"   I have never been able to wear a watch, i HATE things on my wrist, long standing weird oddity of mine.

I'll let you guys know where else they let me stick it . hahaha

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I have never been able to wear a watch, i HATE things on my wrist, long standing weird oddity of mine.

Me too.  Oddly enough, cruising is one of the few times I do tend to wear a watch.  I like to have one on when I am off the ship, just to make doubly sure I know the time.  Don't want to be waiving bye bye as the ship sails off.

• Like 1