Summit - Transatlantic August 1st

ShipFan13

I suspect you will see the cancellation next week.   Rumor has it that Celebrity will be announcing their US restart plans next week.  Remember that they already cancelled all the cruises after these until the Miami Caribbean season starting in October.   I suspect they will announce new Summit sailings for August, September and beginning of Oct.

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all Summit cruises have disappeared from the Celebrity website until Oct 26th where it begins a variety of Caribbean cruises. 

Its true. I wonder if they will try a September TA instead?

41 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The Fall foliage cruises following the Iceland/Greenland cruises have disappeared from the website.  First available Summit cruise is October 26 to the Caribbean.

These along with the Boston to Miami repositioning sailing were cancelled a few months ago.

6 minutes ago, ShipFan13 said:

Thats what I was thinking they might try a September TA

Hi, it looks like you are new to CC. You started a thread on this same subject yesterday:

Perhaps the Mods can merge the two threads.

26 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

These along with the Boston to Miami repositioning sailing were cancelled a few months ago.

Ok thanks. If they don't have any cruises scheduled after these two transatlantics , I doubt these Iceland/Greenland will sail.  I doubt they will schedule any new cruises at this point and they won't let a fully staffed ship sit for a couple of months.

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Ok thanks. If they don't have any cruises scheduled after these two transatlantics , I doubt these Iceland/Greenland will sail.  I doubt they will schedule any new cruises at this point and they won't let a fully staffed ship sit for a couple of months.

Maybe the Summit will get selected to do the summertime Celebrity cruises in Alaska as it's currently just hanging out near the Bahamas?

Summit will sail in Alaska per a post on this website under "news." It means no sail for the Iceland/Greenland folks. We were on the Aug. 15th from Southhampton. Although I tried to not get my hopes up, it is a sad reality it appears.

Edited by Wren1

11 minutes ago, Wren1 said:

Summit will sail in Alaska per a post on this website under "news." It means no sail for the Iceland/Greenland folks. We were on the Aug. 15th from Southhampton. Although I tried to not get my hopes up, it is a sad reality it appears.

Would you please provide that link as I can't seem to find it.

Update: Found it on another thread. 

Two Royal Caribbean Ships to Sail in Alaska This Summer - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Edited by Ken the cruiser

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6138/

Celebrity will send Celebrity Summit to Alaska, beginning July 23. The ship will stop at Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway, and sail Endicott Arm and Dawes Glaicer. The season will end in mid-September, when the ship will reposition to the Caribbean.

Edited by ShipFan13
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

As always, we the passengers are the last to know that our reservation has been canceled.

Awful. Their concern is selling the new cruises, not tying up the lines with passengers seeking refunds so that they can make other summer vacation plans. 

3 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

Awful. Their concern is selling the new cruises, not tying up the lines with passengers seeking refunds so that they can make other summer vacation plans. 

The client is first