Summit - Transatlantic August 1st

ShipFan13

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

The client is first

Should be.  Sad way to run an organization.   This cruise was never going to happen.  Halifax dropped.  Cannot fathom how any cruiseline could get a port agreement for Greenland.  And the UK has their own issues.

And they knew this a while ago, yet they kept selling these cruises - taking peoples' money - until yesterday.  I get that these are difficult times,  but selling something that you have no plans to deliver sounds like fraud to me. 

• Like 1

Summit is sailing out of Seattle for Alaska starting July 23.

email from LLP this afternoo

The world is opening again and Celebrity Cruises is opening along with it. Earlier today we announced our long-awaited return to Alaska! The beautifully revolutionized Celebrity Summit will set sail beginning July 23 on a series of 7-night itineraries roundtrip from Seattle. It’s been a long road and there’s more to do but this milestone calls for celebration. I want to thank all of you, our crew, our shore side teams and everyone who made this possible. The future is looking very bright.

I just can't say enough about how wonderful it is to return to Alaska. I have always had a special place in my heart for the incredible people, amazing wildlife and the beauty of this great state. I’ve had the pleasure of traveling to Alaska many times. My last visit was in 2019 on a ‘Celebrate with the CEO’ sailing. We went whale watching, tasted the local salmon and watched performances from Alaskan bands and dance troupes. It was an experience I will always treasure. The people of Alaska are really what make it so special.

The Alaskan communities have been hurting without the economic support they receive from tourism, and especially, the cruise industry. I am grateful to our elected officials across the country for recognizing the need and finding a way to restore them to their livelihoods.

I truly believe that the best way to experience Alaska is by cruise ship. Our new 2021 Alaska sailings open for booking on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 and you can find more information about them at https://www.celebritycruises.com/destinations/alaska-cruises. If you've never been to Alaska, now Is the time to go.

All sailings will depart with vaccinated crew and everyone over the age of 16 must be vaccinated; as of August 1, 2021, all US guests ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated.

We are looking forward to sharing more of these announcements as we work to bring our entire fleet back into service. All of us here at Celebrity Cruises continue to be so grateful for your loyalty and support. Celebrity is all about opening the world and I look forward to seeing you back on board very soon

• Thanks 1

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/itinerary-modifications

There is a PDF document that shows the Summit will be redeployed to Alaska and replace the Solstice.

Well, I'm ok doing Alaska on the refurbished Summit. Very sad for others that are affected by this change, though. Things are literally changing daily!

8 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Hi, it looks like you are new to CC. You started a thread on this same subject yesterday:

Perhaps the Mods can merge the two threads.

Threads merged.