Royal Shakeup - Navigator & Symphony to Spain, Mariner to Miami

@jp2746 Here are a couple of articles that mention Symphony's dry dock. https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24934-another-royal-caribbean-ship-is-drydocking-in-cadiz.html and https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule 

I had lost most hope for my August Symphony cruise, and this doesn't help. 🙂 If you look here - https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9744001 You can see that she is on her way across the Atlantic right now. 

1 hour ago, dandi799 said:

@jp2746 Here are a couple of articles that mention Symphony's dry dock. https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24934-another-royal-caribbean-ship-is-drydocking-in-cadiz.html and https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule 

I had lost most hope for my August Symphony cruise, and this doesn't help. 🙂 If you look here - https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9744001 You can see that she is on her way across the Atlantic right now. 

The drydock she is going in for is only 2 -4 weeks.  Even at 4 weeks with 2 weeks over and 2 weeks back she could be back in the US early July. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The drydock she is going in for is only 2 -4 weeks.  Even at 4 weeks with 2 weeks over and 2 weeks back she could be back in the US early July. 

Now, I'm back to hoping again!! Lol.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

What is the source for the INFO of Navigator being in Spain in August?  I am currently booked on Navigator out of Miami in August.

Crew being sent home from NV reporting it. 

Edited by Kokomo91165

17 hours ago, molly361 said:

Do you have a link to see the port schedules?  The only ones I see still have the NV going out of Miami  thanks  Our remaining 2021 cruises are all on the Indy or Mariner out of PC.  

Google Port Miami Dock Report. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are forgetting crew. Right now she was 129 people onboard.  Ship normally has 2000+ crew. All have to be quarantined and vaccinated. Looking realistically at September 1st at the earliest. 

39 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

You are forgetting crew. Right now she was 129 people onboard.  Ship normally has 2000+ crew. All have to be quarantined and vaccinated. Looking realistically at September 1st at the earliest. 

Nothing to say they couldn’t start assembling crew somewhere in Europe for her to pick up after her drydock. 

Ah... crew rumors.  Don't you love them?  

Getting the dry docks done now is a smart move so once cruising resumes they can avoid service interruptions.  It does pretty much confirms what many of us suspect - no July cruises at a minimum.

If the redeployments happen that may not be a bad thing for me given the outdated CDC protocols required while the CSO is active.  I'll gladly take refunds on my cruises through Nov. 1 and wait until the CDC is put back in the bottle before I cruise. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

Ah... crew rumors.  Don't you love them?  

My neighbor's, mother in law's, hairstylist has a pen pal who is a bartender on the ship and he said they are all being called up....................

How many of those have we heard over the last 9 months??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

My neighbor's, mother in law's, hairstylist has a pen pal who is a bartender on the ship and he said they are all being called up....................

How many of those have we heard over the last 9 months??

When the Diamond Princess was going through it's thing at the start of all this some of the crew on board were convinced they were going to sail away from land and sink the ship with everyone on board as the solution for the outbreak on her.

Now in highsight that rumor has been proven false.

Getting Symphony into dry dock does raise some questions since she wasn't due for several years.  Does she have or is she developing the same azipod issues we've seen with others in this class?  

Getting Navigator into a drydock in July is great news since she needs shore power capability for CA.  We'll need to watch for any modifications to her stacks to drop her height a few meters.  

The drydock work costs money so it's a healthy sign they are investing money into these ships now when they are out of service.  From a business perspective restarting service then taking ships out of service to drydock right after they've started earning revenue would be a less desirable approach.  Hats off to them for negotiating numerous shipyard visits in a short time frame.   

The rest of the rumors will play out in due time.  We'll see.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

Getting Symphony into dry dock does raise some questions since she wasn't due for several years.  Does she have or is she developing the same azipod issues we've seen with others in this class?  

She was due for her first one (24-30 months) that can be conducted in water.  Royal has chosen to do this in a drydock facility probably for the reason you mentioned...previous azipod issues with other OA class ships.  Preventative measures.  

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

She was due for her first one (24-30 months) that can be conducted in water.  Royal has chosen to do this in a drydock facility probably for the reason you mentioned...previous azipod issues with other OA class ships.  Preventative measures.  

Change those bearings 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:50 PM, Ashland said:

Yes...she is !! First cruise I believe is Nov 26, 2021.

Ashland, first cruise is a week earlier... Nov. 19th.  Not much availability for this cruise... rooms got snapped up pretty quickly.

On 5/8/2021 at 11:20 PM, twangster said:

Getting Navigator into a drydock in July is great news since she needs shore power capability for CA.  We'll need to watch for any modifications to her stacks to drop her height a few meters.  

The drydock work costs money so it's a healthy sign they are investing money into these ships now when they are out of service.  From a business perspective restarting service then taking ships out of service to drydock right after they've started earning revenue would be a less desirable approach.  Hats off to them for negotiating numerous shipyard visits in a short time frame.   

The rest of the rumors will play out in due time.  We'll see.  

A lot of the ships have a lot of marine growth on them from being idle.

The ones that went into Singapore were bad and especially the propellers because they don’t have antifoul.