LIFT & SHIFT HARMONY UK T&C’s please help!!

Hi there, hoping someone can help as my TA is not! I booked for Harmony sailing July 18th 21 back in Nov 20. Before booking I read the CWC terms and conditions on RCLs website and was reassured that I could either get a refund, lift and shift or get a FCC. I rang my TA ( Scotland’s Cruise Centre) today as I need to make final payment tomorrow. They have delayed final payment on my request as I was hoping to hear about a cancellation before paying. I asked the TA about lift and shift and they have told me that this is no longer available and that Royal had the right to change this st any time . Nowhere on the RCL website stated - hey cruise with confidence but we might withdraw these options any time we like! I am frankly livid and annoyed both at the attitude of the TA and myself if I have been naive. Can anyone tell me their understanding of what RCL will offer if (and let’s face it - when) this cruise is cancelled? At the moment the equivalent cruise next summer is £1500 more.

4 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Ive just looked on rcl website  in the health and travel alert section and the lift and shift is still there. 

Thank you! Yes I have looked and see that’s the case . I am really disappointed in Scotland’s Cruise Centre, how could they not tell me this?! I hope then that if the cancellation goes ahead that the lift and shift will indeed be available 

32 minutes ago, Lottie1974 said:

Hi there, hoping someone can help as my TA is not! I booked for Harmony sailing July 18th 21 back in Nov 20. Before booking I read the CWC terms and conditions on RCLs website and was reassured that I could either get a refund, lift and shift or get a FCC. I rang my TA ( Scotland’s Cruise Centre) today as I need to make final payment tomorrow. They have delayed final payment on my request as I was hoping to hear about a cancellation before paying. I asked the TA about lift and shift and they have told me that this is no longer available and that Royal had the right to change this st any time . Nowhere on the RCL website stated - hey cruise with confidence but we might withdraw these options any time we like! I am frankly livid and annoyed both at the attitude of the TA and myself if I have been naive. Can anyone tell me their understanding of what RCL will offer if (and let’s face it - when) this cruise is cancelled? At the moment the equivalent cruise next summer is £1500 more.

The wide open lift and shift ended Jan 31, 2021.

Lift and shift is now only available if Royal cancels the cruise and it is a lot more restrictive on dates and ships you can shift to

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Ive just looked on rcl website  in the health and travel alert section and the lift and shift is still there. 

It shouldn’t be! L&S ended in January 2021.

When/if RCI cancel you they will advise the rebooking window and itineraries you can L&S to.

L&S is only available now if they cancel the sailing (and they choose to offer it). This was communicated months ago.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

It says under the Lift & Shift Section -

• Only available for sailings cancelled as part of our global suspension on May 20th, 2020 or after.

Your sailing has not been cancelled (yet)

Thanks all, much appreciated! I think the key issue is ‘wide open’ lift and shift . TA was telling me it wouldn’t be an option even if the cruise was cancelled.  I can live with that . Has anyone had problems with doing this? The only applicable option for us is the Allure from Barcelona next summer and Royals website doesn’t show many of our cabins left!

2 minutes ago, Lottie1974 said:

The only applicable option for us is the Allure from Barcelona next summer and Royals website doesn’t show many of our cabins left!

You won't know the details of the options available until RCI cancels.

I am booked on the Harmony of the Sea for August 1,  I am a TA so I contacted the manager for us to see what is going on with Royal not announcing anything.  She informed me that they are waiting for 30 days before sailing to cancel.  I am not happy about this as we still have to get airfare to go to spain and I hate to get a ticket and not get a refund, not to mention I am still waiting for a refund from my May cruise that was canceled.  Anyone in Europe getting an information on Barcelona cruise port opening

1 hour ago, hyperhana@aol.com said:

She informed me that they are waiting for 30 days before sailing to cancel

Well you can certainly see that what the “manager” told you was an outright lie.  Royal has been cancelling sailings in blocks of either a month or two at a time and I can’t even recall any that were done 30 days prior to sailing.   Think the vast majority have been somewhere between 45 and 90 days and even then if one sailing was at 45 days another would have been 75 days if they cancelled a months worth.  Typical example of them just telling you anything since most people will blindly accept whatever they are told.  You could call Royal 5 times and get told 6 different things.

I am booked on the Harmony of the Sea for August 1,  I am a TA so I contacted the manager for us to see what is going on with Royal not announcing anything.  She informed me that they are waiting for 30 days before sailing to cancel.  I am not happy about this as we still have to get airfare to go to spain and I hate to get a ticket and not get a refund, not to mention I am still waiting for a refund from my May cruise that was canceled.  Anyone in Europe getting an information on Barcelona cruise port opening

A point on flights, we are with easy and their booking terms are good for cancelling or moving

18 minutes ago, hyperhana@aol.com said:

Thanks, for information, but I am concerned it will be 30 days cause they want us to pay in full then sit on our money.  Anyone in Europe getting information on Barcelona port opening up?

They are holding 9nto your money long before 30 days. 

Thanks, for information, but I am concerned it will be 30 days cause they want us to pay in full then sit on our money.  Anyone in Europe getting information on Barcelona port opening up?

The most recent information I have seen was an online article in La Vanguardia in which the president of the port of Barcelona said they were working with the health authorities to get cruises started by the end of June, although initially only to Spanish ports. If all goes well with that they would then try a few international pilot cruises. However, this dates from 29 April so it's not exactly bang up to date.

Link here: https://www.lavanguardia.com/local/barcelona/20210429/7417168/puerto-barcelona-confia-reiniciar-cruceros-junio-coronavirus-covid.html

The article is in Spanish but Google can usually give you a reasonable translation of this sort of thing.

• Thanks 1

I have a July 11th out of Barcelona.

And have to make final payment today.  Everyone knows that ship wont sail, but RC are still playing their game with peoples money.

When they cancel we are just taking our money back and will never sail RC again after this messing about.  Very bad customer care.

We have spent over €40,000 over the years with RC and this is how they act now, so we are finished with them now.

• Like 1

Because Spain are even worse than most of Europe with their vaccine schedule and the rest of Europe certainly won't be anywhere near fully vaccinated.  Add to that that the ship is stopping in 3 different countries all of which are as bad as Spain for vaccines.  I think the chances are slim to none.

3 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

Because Spain are even worse than most of Europe with their vaccine schedule and the rest of Europe certainly won't be anywhere near fully vaccinated.  Add to that that the ship is stopping in 3 different countries all of which are as bad as Spain for vaccines.  I think the chances are slim to none.

Tbh id be happy with just a cruise around the med with no stops. I have been on the same itinerary in 2019 so for me personally i would just enjoy a cruise. With some compensation of course.