August 8 day cruise

Haven't seen anything on here about cruises for 8 days.  Have read all about masks, no masks, vaccinations vs no vaccinations,  etc but we have an 8 day out of Miami August 28 on the Independence.  Being 8 days and the CDC said nothing over 7 days, is there a chance it can still go but for 6 days?  Final payment is due end of this month and have heard nothing from Royal except wanting my money.  My TA hasn't heard anything either.  Just wondering if I've missed anything on this.

No one knows anything. Your guess is as good as anyone's.

Royal suggests just make sure your final payment is paid in full and is ontime.

Edited by Jimbo

We have the Aug 18th sailing for the same itinerary and final payment was last Sunday. Decided to make it but have a backup vacation planned if this is cancelled.

If the sailing does happen and the protocols are not acceptable to us we'll use the cancellation under the Cruise with Confidence. We only made final payment because we figured it bought us some time to see if/how things get sorted out with the CDC.

I saw a news link saying the cdc was lifting the 8 day moratorium. Carnival sent out emails to all on 8 days saying they were back on. Only 8 days, nothing longer have I seen addressed.

20210521_035434354.jpeg

Edited by firefly333