LE PETIT CHEF

elaineb

11 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

LPC Waste of time and average food. Done it and won’t do it again.

Agree with above comments on Tuscan. It’s our favourite and eat there constantly!

We have it booked once and yes Tuscan Grille is our favorite as we have it booked three times.😊 We loved the former Quine format and wish that it were still there but we want to try this at least once. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

We have it booked once and yes Tuscan Grille is our favorite as we have it booked three times.😊 We loved the former Quine format and wish that it were still there but we want to try this at least once. 

I have done it on the Edge, Equinox and Silhouette ...loved it. I actually thought the food was good...but quite small portions. You can actually double up on some of the courses if you ask.

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 3

On 6/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Can anyone tell me if you have someone who cannot eat seafood will they substitute the bouillabaisse and lobster for non seafood items? This is on the Equinox. I know that Edge had a steak frites menu. 

Thanks,  

My husband will not eat any seafood.  They substituted his dishes.  It was fun .  You will enjoy the experience.  Food was good- but the "show" was excellent.  Don't miss.  Sometimes, you can get a discount if you book on board the first night at any specialty restaurant.  However it is based on availability and time might not be to your liking.   We typically get a three dinner package.

• Like 1

We've not done it yet.  QSine was OK, but even then it had a tendency to form over substance.  LPC looks like this is even more the case. Neither of us likes lobster.  We might give it a go, but we much prefer Murano, Sushi on 5 and Tuscan (in that order). We want to try The Porch, and perhaps Lawn Club Grill (but the menu looks a bit basic) before LPC.

QSine had a very large menu.  It was interesting to try once or twice.  However with a large menu it is difficult to cook every meal to perfection with so many items on the menu.

Tuscan has the best views on the ship for S class.

Murano IMHO has the best food.

Sushi on 5 is good for a change up with a different menu.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboro said:

I am hoping at some point they change it back to something better.  We loved Qsine for the variety...even Silk Garden was better.

So someone posted there was low attendance for LPC.  Even if X wanted to change it, how long would that take?  1 year, maybe 2?

We were on the Reflection pre-COVID. We did the LPC twice, our waiter in LPC was dating our assistant server in the MDR. We called him “Big  Chef” . He made sure we had a great time . One of the items served was really good but overall dining was ok. We remember this meal over many of the excellent venues we have tried over the years. Sometimes just little things can make or break the dining experience.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 8:58 PM, cruisingator2 said:

Can anyone tell me if you have someone who cannot eat seafood will they substitute the bouillabaisse and lobster for non seafood items? This is on the Equinox. I know that Edge had a steak frites menu. 

Thanks,  

It's not possible to know exactly what to expect, now that fifteen months have gone by, but ...

Here are some Qsine/Le Petite Chef menu photos from late February, 2020, aboard the Reflection:

http://www.thepreismans.com/mardi_gras_2020_menus.htm#qsine

PS:  The above-linked site is not ours, but one we have benefited from for many years.

Opinion:  Worth trying once, especially if the price is seriously discounted.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, talljules1 said:

We've not done it yet.  QSine was OK, but even then it had a tendency to form over substance.  LPC looks like this is even more the case. Neither of us likes lobster.  We might give it a go, but we much prefer Murano, Sushi on 5 and Tuscan (in that order). We want to try The Porch, and perhaps Lawn Club Grill (but the menu looks a bit basic) before LPC.

Having sailed multiple times on the Reflection and the Silhouette, the Lawn Club Grill is by far our favorite restaurant.  The food is fresh and made to order.  We do not like Sushi on five, as we are not sushi lovers, the porch, makes great burgers, but really is also a seafood venue-  We did enjoy Qsine- but also enjoy the creativity and food at LePetite Chef.  While Murano is good- it is similar to many steak houses at home- but a few shades under the really good one's as the quality of the meat is only ok.  Tuscan grill is a mixed bag- have had some very good meals and a couple of horrible one's.  Don't try the eggplant parmigiana-it is bad.   The aft view while dining and the sun is going down is beautiful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Having sailed multiple times on the Reflection and the Silhouette, the Lawn Club Grill is by far our favorite restaurant.  The food is fresh and made to order.  We do not like Sushi on five, as we are not sushi lovers, the porch, makes great burgers, but really is also a seafood venue-  We did enjoy Qsine- but also enjoy the creativity and food at LePetite Chef.  While Murano is good- it is similar to many steak houses at home- but a few shades under the really good one's as the quality of the meat is only ok.  Tuscan grill is a mixed bag- have had some very good meals and a couple of horrible one's.  Don't try the eggplant parmigiana-it is bad.   The aft view while dining and the sun is going down is beautiful.

Yup - we have sailed on Eclipse several times.  

We love sushi and most seafood (just not lobster and langoustines) - so Sushi on 5 is a winner for us.

In Murano we particularly like the sole veronique (my absolute fav) and the chateaubriand (which is good but sometimes can be on the cool side).  Love many of the appetisers - the pork belly is good when done well (but we've also had it when it wasn't), the salmon/crab starter is good.  The lobster bisque is good (and oddly, I like lobster bisque but not lobster - go figure!).

We liked Tuscan more before they changed its menu - mainly because the change took away some of the starters we loved - steak tartare, beef carpaccio, tuscan onion soup - man that soup was good! We love the views from Tuscan,  but have had some decidedly underwhelming meals there - overcooked fish, poor steaks.  Agreed - the sides are not brilliant. 

Porch we want to try.  We love seafood - I'm hoping for oysters. (On our next cruise we celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.  I proposed over oysters and champagne at the oyster bar in Harrods).

We're in a Royal Suite, so I am sure we will take advantage of this to try Lawn Club Grill too.

21 hours ago, blueboro said:

I am hoping at some point they change it back to something better.  We loved Qsine for the variety...even Silk Garden was better.

21 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

We also enjoyed Silk Garden. 

Do y'all mean Silk Harvest?

2 hours ago, Texed said:

Do y'all mean Silk Harvest?

Thank you, I was wondering what the heck was Silk Garden?  As for if Silk Harvest still exists on Solstice I can't say.  I know they replaced it on Equinox and we were very disappointed.  We had wonderful meals there in 2017-19. 

Last year in February we found out it was replaced by LPC and didn't go as we thought the concept was gimmicky and didn't care for the menu. I've never done Tuscan or Murano as the price isn't cheap and I've heard many mixed reviews of the food.  Not fans of Sushi so we steer clear of Sushi on Five.  When it was Bistro on Five the crepes were amazing, it's a pity it's gone as well.  So it's either the MDR or OVC most of the time but that's not a problem as there's always great food there! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We used to have our boarding lunch for our cruises at Bistro on Five- we really enjoyed that venue- especially on boarding day.  

Lunch at Bistro On Five was always part of our boarding day routine too. Too bad it's gone. 😪

• Like 1