LE PETIT CHEF

elaineb

When we have  booked there hasn't been a gratuity added to any of the specialty restaurants.  If we have good food and service, which is normal, we do leave a cash tip for both the waiter  and sommelier.  

I personally have not seen the price discounted on the 4 or 5 sailings we have been on since LPC started, but it may have been discounted on other sailings.

We have tried it twice ( once for each of the 2 menus) and were underwhelmed but I am sure others enjoyed it.  Of the 2 menu's we preferred the LPC menu over the LPC & Friends menu.  

The price listed includes gratuity.  Every cruise I have been on since LPC inauguration has been discounted as much as 30 - 50%.  The staff stands outside the OVC offering discounts at lunchtime for that night.  My T.A. says that the concept is in trouble on Celebrity - poor attendance.

For us it was "once and done."  The show is a one trick pony and the food is mediocre.  We will not be eating in LPC again, but you may love it. 

Edited by El Crucero
  • Like 2

Pre Covid we would often get offers from X for special pricing. We haven't gotten any for our next X cruise but that may be because it is a holiday sailing.

I don't know when you are sailing but keep an eye out for an offer.

• Like 1

Once and done.  Wasn’t impressed with anything about it.  We were upgraded to the Royal suite,  long story and we benefited from it. Being in that suite we had  the ultimate dining pack. One night we went there.  Happy that we didn’t have to pay the price for it.  

I understand that they have two different presentations.  Ours may have been the dud, but don’t think the other would have warranted the cost either 

if you google it I am sure there are videos showing the animation.  That is all you need. 

My opinion and I am sure others won’t agree

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 3

I agree - miched. Once is quite enough. Food was nice. Show was nice to look at- but I am usually not a big fan of entertaintment during dinner.

Neither do I need the Captain and the officers playing ball in the pool. But that is off topic and- of course- each his own.

10 hours ago, elaineb said:

Hi Everyone!  Le Petit Chef is showing $55 per person for our cruise.  Is gratuity & tip added on to that?  Also, does this ever go on sale pre-cruise or while on board?  Thank you!

The price of the speciality restaurants does include gratuity, however, most guests do add an additional tip. 

I agree with jelayne, we much preferred the original LPC menu rather than the LPC and friends.

Do not watch the YouTube videos first, it will spoil the novelty.

We really enjoyed our first visit, it is novel and well worth doing. However, I do agree with others that once you have done it the novelty has gone...

4 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I pre-booked LPC on the Millennium. Should I cancel and gamble to see if I get the 30 to 50 percent off?

There are usually two set dining times (I think 6pm and 8.30pm). From what I remember (it seems a long time since our last cruise now) the early one was more popular and offers were for the later dining time.

As long as you are not fussy about what day/time you dine it could be worth waiting until you are on board. However, if you are booking for a special occasion (birthday/anniversary) I would prebook.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

We've done it once, and maybe will again. The draw is the show. The food is ok, nothing special. The show is different than anything you've seen.

We did it last year and will do it again, I thought the show was amazing, agree food was nothing special. 

• Like 2

We did both shows on our AZ/NZ cruise and would absolutely do it again!  Our meals were great (and we liked being able to pick from the alternate menu for courses - we don't like tomatoes so substituted French Onion Soup for the Tomato appetizer), service was wonderful and we really enjoyed both shows.  If our August TA sails, we will definitely be booking TPC!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We lasted 30 minutes before moving to Tuscan Grill. It’s certainly not the food that is special, although the animation is different. We do the speciality restaurants for the quality of food and service, LPC did not deliver in any of these categories. Although we didn’t make the “once”, the once and done summary is how I viewed it. There are many reviews from others who think it’s great. It comes down to whether it’s the food or entertainment that floats your boat!

• Like 1

We are trying Celebrity for the first time this Summer on the Apex in Greece. I was looking at LPC and trying to decide if it's worth it. We've done Disney Cruises several times including the "animated" show at dinner. Is there anyone on here who's done both of these? If so, would you recommend LPC or is it very similar / not as good? TIA

(I'm intentionally not watching the YouTube videos as I don't want to spoil the show if we end up going!)

25 minutes ago, hnm2234 said:

We are trying Celebrity for the first time this Summer on the Apex in Greece. I was looking at LPC and trying to decide if it's worth it. We've done Disney Cruises several times including the "animated" show at dinner. Is there anyone on here who's done both of these? If so, would you recommend LPC or is it very similar / not as good? TIA

(I'm intentionally not watching the YouTube videos as I don't want to spoil the show if we end up going!)

I've done both--several times on Disney.  LPC is cute and fun, but not over the top so.  It's a one and done for me too.  I didn't have a problem with the food or the show, but it's really just a do it once for me, unless others in my party want to go.  

• Like 1

DW saw a preview of the show on a galley tour and was fascinated by it.  One day at sea we were talked into it outside the restaurant by some staff.  Believe there may have been a slight discount, cant remember, however there was a special kids menu for 12 and under.  I think it was around $10.  We decided to give it a try.

End result was we all had a great time.  Show was amazing, our food was fantastic, did the lobster show.  Will definitely go again on our upcoming cruise, and this time take everyone.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, El Crucero said:

The price listed includes gratuity.  Every cruise I have been on since LPC inauguration has been discounted as much as 30 - 50%.  The staff stands outside the OVC offering discounts at lunchtime for that night.  My T.A. says that the concept is in trouble on Celebrity - poor attendance.

For us it was "once and done."  The show is a one trick pony and the food is mediocre.  We will not be eating in LPC again, but you may love it. 

Thank you!  Hubby & I are not interested in LPC, but my son and his then new wife are.  I will tell them not to pre-book and wait until they get on the ship to book for a better deal..  I think DH and I will try Tuscan Grille.

4 hours ago, hnm2234 said:

I’ve done both and much prefer LPC. Plus smaller restaurant and food much better. Done the two different versions and we would do it again. 
Wendy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

I think DH and I will try Tuscan Grille.

The Tuscan Grille has MUCH better food - actually great food - no "show" and at a lower price than LPC, in my opinion .  If you are on a Solstice Class ship, Tuscan Grille is at the stern on deck 5.  Ask for a table overlooking the wake of the ship.  Celebrity lights the wake with underwater lights as you cruise along.  It is a much better show than LPC, in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Crucero said:

The Tuscan Grille has MUCH better food - actually great food - no "show" and at a lower price than LPC, in my opinion .  If you are on a Solstice Class ship, Tuscan Grille is at the stern on deck 5.  Ask for a table overlooking the wake of the ship.  Celebrity lights the wake with underwater lights as you cruise along.  It is a much better show than LPC, in my opinion.

Tuscan has a fantastic view on Solstice class , no view on millennium class. I agree food is better we will do both .

1 hour ago, George C said:

Tuscan has a fantastic view on Solstice class , no view on millennium class. I agree food is better we will do both .

Ya, the S class ships were designed from the start for specialty dining.  The M class ships were designed for one specialty dining restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 7:35 PM, deliver42 said:

We've done it once, and maybe will again. The draw is the show. The food is ok, nothing special. The show is different than anything you've seen.

Oh I don't know.  I was a contractor back in the early 2000s at a company that did something similar.  Project video on a surface and interact with it.  I don't think I'd be impressed.

Edited by zitsky

7 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Can anyone tell me if you have someone who cannot eat seafood will they substitute the bouillabaisse and lobster for non seafood items? This is on the Equinox. I know that Edge had a steak frites menu. 

Thanks,  

Both LPC & LPC & friends have a alternate menu.  I don’t eat any fish or seafood so they served me the alternate dish for that course.