FALLING BACK IN LOVE WITH CRUISING

Smmessineo

Hello everyone! For the past 14 months, I have avoided thoughts of future cruises, denied how much fun I have planning, reading, boarding and sailing! 

My DH and I disembarked from the Reflection cruise to New Orleans for Mardi Gras  in March 2020 and stepped into a changed world. I found myself thinking  " if that was our last cruise ever, it was a great one to finish on". 

I stopped reading Cruise Critic, stopped surfing Celebrity's site for sales. But last week I finally embraced cruising again. I am reading old cruise reviews and jealously reading new ones from MSC in Europe. I  am  booked on Reflection January 2022 and Equinox December 2022. I am obsessively following the summer Caribbean cruises on Edge and Equinox. I am frustrated by the part that my state of Florida is playing in all this.  But boy am I having fun!

Thanks to everyone here on Cruise Critic . I hope we are all back on board soon! 

Margaret

• Like 7

Welcome Back to CC and hopefully cruising.  I think your state will be the key to cruising again.  They are doing a great job by vaccinating the crews and hopefully finalizing new port agreements with the cruise lines.  Don't worry about the rule prohibiting asking about vaccination status, the Marketing VP assured everyone on a TA webinar last week that they will have a work around and it won't be a problem.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Welcome back.  CC kept me alive these past 14 months!

I feel the same...I have missed cruising sooooo much but have so enjoyed ‘normal’ cruise conversations on CC.

Replying to posts about restaurants, ships, value of upgrading to a suite... have all reminded me of wonderful past experiences and enabled me to look forward to once again boarding...

3 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I hope we are all back on board soon! 

Margaret

Welcome back, Margaret, hope you have a great time now looking forward to your next cruise!

• Like 1

I agree......I do love all the planning and details involved with cruising.  I also have always enjoyed reading other cruisers trip reports and look forward to reading more in the near future.  Enjoy your upcoming trips.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Yep, and this is it.  😀  Thanks to all of my CC friends for all of their help and interesting threads over the years.

Yay, good for you.  At the rate you're posting, you'll be up to 20,000 in no time!