Vibe passes - are they worth it?

MattandjenH

Hi y'all! It looks like the ship is filling up for the Nov. 27 cruise! My husband and I look forward to spending a lot of time in the Maderna (sp?) spa but are curious about the Vibe passes. Are they worth the expense in terms of finding outdoor spaces to hang without kids running around? Or is it more of a drunken party scene? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2021 at 4:15 AM, MattandjenH said:

Are they worth the expense in terms of finding outdoor spaces to hang without kids running around? Or is it more of a drunken party scene? 

Has anybody really had any problems with kids running around on an NCL sailing in November?  June - August, perhaps.  I've never sailed during those months and really don't remember seeing many kids at any time.  Also, those who really annoy me (rare occurrence) are generally closer to my age range (i.e. old).

• Like 3

I will go ahead and second the worth of the Vibe experience, even with the added cost... I like having a place to "escape" the hustle and bustle of main pool area. And, the added bonus of always being able to find a lounger and the superior bar service make it a must for me...

• Like 3

Depends on the cruise itinerary. A port intensive cruise - it may or may not be worth it. I'd probably say no because I love to spend a lot of time exploring the ports. Alaskan cruise - probably not worth the extra money. A Caribbean cruise with 2+ sea days - absolutely worth it! It is great to have a place to escape to where you know you will get a lounger and get great drinks from a bartender that remembers your name almost immediately.

• Like 2

I agree that it depends on when and where you’re going. I’ve gotten Vibe passes twice and it was completely worth it. It was very quiet both times. It was Caribbean cruises in November and I remember being very surprised at how loud the pool deck was when we walked through. 
That was back when it was only $100 though and we didn’t actually get off the ship at all (girls cruise) so we definitely got bang for our buck!

On 5/24/2021 at 7:15 AM, MattandjenH said:

Hi y'all! It looks like the ship is filling up for the Nov. 27 cruise! My husband and I look forward to spending a lot of time in the Maderna (sp?) spa but are curious about the Vibe passes. Are they worth the expense in terms of finding outdoor spaces to hang without kids running around? Or is it more of a drunken party scene? 

I vote for no redeeming value. You can sit on the sun  deck for free for a few hours or pay for a sun deck for a few hours. Most people aren't going to sit out from morning to dusk. We cruise 4-5 times a year and have never found it "necessary" to get a Vibe pass. We get complimentary passes on the Epic as a Haven guest and even for free, don't really find it an attraction. 

• Like 1

The answer is, just with so many other things, it depends on you, and what you are looking for on that particular cruise.  I want to add one quick thing here.  Vibe passes are not easy to get, they sell out pretty quickly (or at least they used to).  I got them once and realized while I enjoyed the vibe I did not use it nearly enough to justify the cost, but I am a Haven person, so I think that makes it different as well, since there is already a private area (although not adult only).

• Like 2

Worth it for the old price of $99 seven day cruise. Yes. 

Worth it for who knows how much for the future cruises? Who knows. 

What ship? Itinerary? It gets waaaaaay windy up there depending on where the ship is. I’ve seen umbrellas flying onto the decks below. 

Never sailed Epic, only Gem and Breakaway. But we did enjoy Vibe on Breakaway every. single. time. Bartenders were outstanding.  My Honest Opinion. Drunken bar scene? I guess it depends on your sailing. We didn’t experience that. It was chill and worth it. 

P. S . Not a Haven passenger. FYI.

Hope we all get to sailing again soon!

• Like 2

We like to lounge under an umbrella and enjoy our libations.  The last time we got passes, we were only able to do that one time as it was so windy they would not open the umbrellas the entire time we were moving.  We did have drinks sitting at the bar a couple of times. The bartenders were great.  Just not worth it for us though.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 6:38 PM, meatball_nyc said:

Worth it for the old price of $99 seven day cruise. Yes. 

Worth it for who knows how much for the future cruises? Who knows. 

What ship? Itinerary? It gets waaaaaay windy up there depending on where the ship is. I’ve seen umbrellas flying onto the decks below. 

Never sailed Epic, only Gem and Breakaway. But we did enjoy Vibe on Breakaway every. single. time. Bartenders were outstanding.  My Honest Opinion. Drunken bar scene? I guess it depends on your sailing. We didn’t experience that. It was chill and worth it. 

P. S . Not a Haven passenger. FYI.

Hope we all get to sailing again soon!

The Tribe is re-grouping....Check out Blarko.  Hope this makes sense to you! 😆

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, BirdTravels said:

I vote for no redeeming value. You can sit on the sun  deck for free for a few hours or pay for a sun deck for a few hours. Most people aren't going to sit out from morning to dusk. We cruise 4-5 times a year and have never found it "necessary" to get a Vibe pass. We get complimentary passes on the Epic as a Haven guest and even for free, don't really find it an attraction. 

You get complimentary passes with the Haven????

I've been leery of Vibe as it looks to me like there is not much shade available and I would be miserable out in the sun all day.  Same reason I was not fond of the free Spice H2O area.  Not enough shade.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

The Vibe has umbrellas for shade.

Unfortunately, I rarely find umbrellas (unless they are HUGE) to be sufficient.  Plus, you have to keep moving around as the sun moves.  Certainly the few umbrellas at Spice H2O were of very little use.  

2 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

Is this something offered on the Epic? I've always had to pay for the Vibe even while staying in the Haven. But, that was on the Bliss, Escape and Breakaway ships. 

Only on the Epic is the vibe free to Haven guests. Other breakaway style ships, you would need to pay

On 5/24/2021 at 7:15 AM, MattandjenH said:

Yes!  If you can get one....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

Is this something offered on the Epic? I've always had to pay for the Vibe even while staying in the Haven. But, that was on the Bliss, Escape and Breakaway ships. 

Will be my first time in haven thisdecember (hopefully) on the getaway..I just assumed we would have to pay for vibe extra

7 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

Will be my first time in haven thisdecember (hopefully) on the getaway..I just assumed we would have to pay for vibe extra

The one good thing is that they set aside Vibe passes for Haven guests so you don't have to rush and get on line to get them. Just ask the concierge when you arrive. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

Yes you will have to pay for them. However being in the Haven you are almost guaranteed to get one. When you check in for your cruise you will end up in the Haven lounge. Their will be one of the Concierges and or Butlers there. Tell them you want Vibe passes

33 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Yes you will have to pay for them. However being in the Haven you are almost guaranteed to get one. When you check in for your cruise you will end up in the Haven lounge. Their will be one of the Concierges and or Butlers there. Tell them you want Vibe passes

Not this time..transatlantic so not expecting a large amount of kids anyway..will spend my money on spa passes instead

3 hours ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

The one good thing is that they set aside Vibe passes for Haven guests so you don't have to rush and get on line to get them. Just ask the concierge when you arrive. 

The concierge only has a limited number. If other Haven guests get them before, late arriving Haven guests are less likely to get a pass. The concierge can call down to see if any are left and if there are, the concierge can have those held for the Haven guest but if those are all gone, there's not much that can be done. 

On 6/8/2021 at 6:36 PM, CaptainWoody said:

Has anybody really had any problems with kids running around on an NCL sailing in November?  June - August, perhaps.  I've never sailed during those months and really don't remember seeing many kids at any time.  Also, those who really annoy me (rare occurrence) are generally closer to my age range (i.e. old).

I’ve never cared about kids running around at anytime. I fail to see why this bothers people so much 

• Like 2