Edge sails on June 26?

Jeremiah1212

You know how there are lines in the terminal for Crown & Anchor Level's and Suite guests...............why not have 2 more lines - Vaccinated - no mask or social distancing required on board & Non-vaccinated - wear your mask and social distance while on board. You can voluntarily go into what line you choose.

30 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

You know how there are lines in the terminal for Crown & Anchor Level's and Suite guests...............why not have 2 more lines - Vaccinated - no mask or social distancing required on board & Non-vaccinated - wear your mask and social distance while on board. You can voluntarily go into what line you choose.

There won't be any non-vaccinated people.  No need for that line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

There won't be any non-vaccinated people.  No need for that line.

Under 16 will not be vaccinated.   I believe they will also allow exceptions for medical necessity and religion.

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Under 16 will not be vaccinated.   I believe they will also allow exceptions for medical necessity and religion.

That's true, but I don't think that's what the Wizard was talking about.  Very shortly everyone over 12 will need to be vaccinated.  A line for everyone under 16 or 12 will be a very short line on most Celebrity ships.

16 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Everyone that is worried about the Florida vaccine passport regulation must not have anything else to worry about.  During a TA webinar yesterday the Celebrity Sales VP assured everyone that it won’t be a problem.   She told everyone that the Florida regulation was targeted to bars, restaurants, Walmart, CVS, etc., not the cruise industry.  The governor and the cruise line executives are working on a statement that clarifies the issue and that should be out in a couple of days.  It won’t be a problem.

From what I understand, DeSantis has stated he will not make an exception to his EO or law for the cruise lines. Read about it HERE.

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

From what I understand, DeSantis has stated he will not make an exception to his EO or law for the cruise lines. Read about it HERE.

Lol, well thats sweet but I'm pretty sure Celebrity has found some loophole or will challenge in court.  Their lawyers would not have approved this move otherwise.   If Royal Caribbean has found a way to do contract tracing with bands so quickly I am sure Celebrity has a way around this.

Edited by cscurlock

21 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Medical yes but hopefully not for religious reasons.   Every non vaxed person will use that excuse.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, marienbad said:

If Celebrity is so sure that they can require proof of vaccination (which I am for), why the delay in checking in. 17 days until check in closes for the June 26th Edge sailing.

How about multiple choices:

IT problems

Legal documents

Documents review

Verification systems

Pier logistics

The ship has a leak

Fuel shortage

Labor issues

Port restrictions

Gilligan, Mary Ann, Ginger, the Skipper, Lovey & Thurston Howell aren't vaccinated yet

Coast guard inspections

CDC inspections

Need more oars

Hurricane fears

Choose:

All of the above

Some of the above

More than some of the above

Less than some of the above

None of the above

Who cares

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 5:24 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Feel free to come back to this thread in a couple of days and say:

Pee was correct 

It's been about 8 days and with the "about face" that Royal just pulled, it appears premature to say Pee was correct. While I was hopeful, the opposite appears true ---- so far -----😉

mac_tlc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

It's been about 8 days and with the "about face" that Royal just pulled, it appears premature to say Pee was correct. While I was hopeful, the opposite appears true ---- so far -----😉

mac_tlc

Did Celebrity do an about face or just the Royal Caribbean brand?

44 minutes ago, marienbad said:

If Celebrity is so sure that they can require proof of vaccination (which I am for), why the delay in checking in. 17 days until check in closes for the June 26th Edge sailing.

They don't really have a choice at the moment. They're not doing a test sailing on the Edge (and don't have time to do one before the June 26th departure), so unless there was some big breakthrough with the CDC they either have to go the 95% vaccinated route or cancel the sailing entirely.

Edited by Sykes
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

How about multiple choices:

IT problems

Legal documents

Documents review

Verification systems

Pier logistics

The ship has a leak

Fuel shortage

Labor issues

Port restrictions

Gilligan, Mary Ann, Ginger, the Skipper, Lovey & Thurston Howell aren't vaccinated yet

Coast guard inspections

CDC inspections

Need more oars

Hurricane fears

Choose:

All of the above

Some of the above

More than some of the above

Less than some of the above

None of the above

Who cares

Such delightful choices I couldn’t possibly choose. I will just wait and hope.

• Haha 1

I honestly think that this all backfired. Celebrity came out on their sales call basically saying they have a back room deal with DeSantis and we are sailing fully vaccinated. Since that call DeSantis has been defiant  there is no such back door deal and has no idea why Celebrity is telling people that. In all this Celebrity has been on radio silence since that sales call. Maybe there was some kind of back room deal going or maybe Celebrity was playing a game of chess with DeSantis....who knows. But I think it put both the Gov and Celebrity is a bit of a pickle now. I do believe that this sailing will go as planned fully vaccinated....it's sailing just prior to DeSantis's July 1 in effect date. I don't believe he will go after this sailing ...maybe just give them a warning for asking for proof of vaccine. However I don't believe this will be the case with the Equinox. Looking at how they jacked up the pricing of the first 3 sailings compared to  the rest I believe they are going to cancel them. Maybe do a test sailings and then reverse policy just like Royal did before starting revue sailings on her. As for the Edge I do believe it will start out vaccine only...but I think by end of July all bets will be off. Thats my take on it all.

Edited by bajathree

4 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I honestly think that this all backfired. Celebrity came out on their sales call basically saying they have a back room deal with DeSantis and we are sailing fully vaccinated. Since that call DeSantis has been defiant  there is no such back door deal and has no idea why Celebrity is telling people that. In all this Celebrity has been on radio silence since that sales call. Maybe there was some kind of back room deal going or maybe Celebrity was playing a game of chess with DeSantis....who knows. But I think it put both the Gov and Celebrity is a bit of a pickle now. I do believe that this sailing will go as planned fully vaccinated....it's sailing just prior to DeSantis's July 1 in effect date. I don't believe he will go after this sailing ...maybe just give them a warning for asking for proof of vaccine. However I don't believe this will not be the case with the Equinox. Looking at how they jacked up the pricing of the first 3 sailings compared to  the rest I believe they are going to cancel them. Maybe do a test sailings and then reverse policy just like Royal did before starting revue sailings on her. As for the Edge I do believe it will start out vaccine only...but I think by end of July all bets will be off. Thats my take on it all.

We are doing a B2B2B - so we will show our proof of being vaccinated for the 6/26 - then they have that documented for the next 2 cruises (hopefully). 

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Let's Keep the Dream Alive. Maybe this week.  Carnival just moved to require vaccinations to sail.  We have Carnival, NCL and Celebrity all telling us they will find a solution.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Let's Keep the Dream Alive. Maybe this week.  Carnival just moved to require vaccinations to sail.  We have Carnival, NCL and Celebrity all telling us they will find a solution.

Let's hope so. Do we know if the Webinar for agents is Tuesday or Wednesday? I know theres speculation that they won't be as forthcoming with info, but I'm hoping for something. 

34 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

But my next three cruises are on Royal, followed by 2 on Celebrity. I’m not at all pleased with their caving in. Not as much for me as the grandkids who are suppose to go in August. Puts the parents in a tough spot that didn’t need to be.

mac_tlc

29 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Let's hope so. Do we know if the Webinar for agents is Tuesday or Wednesday? I know theres speculation that they won't be as forthcoming with info, but I'm hoping for something. 

Two and a half weeks and the Edge is supposed to sail...............still no way to check-in...........I think that I hear the theme music from Jaws!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I’m counting on your optimistic outlook, Pee.  I really want to come back to this thread next week and say “Pee was correct”!

• Haha 2

I will be anxiously awaiting the reviews on the changed EDGE. There were so many complaints about and I was one who complained they made a lot of changes. Wonder how it stacks up now? Hopefully they got rid of all the animals. It's a ship not a barn.