Laundry package

We are looking forward to cruising next year.  The question of laundry and traveling with less luggage is being discussed.  Is dry cleaning and pressing a wrinkled but clean item included in the unlimited laundry package?

Marcia

8 minutes ago, 78232 said:

We are looking forward to cruising next year.  The question of laundry and traveling with less luggage is being discussed.  Is dry cleaning and pressing a wrinkled but clean item included in the unlimited laundry package?

Marcia

Dry cleaning is not included, sorry.  That is extra.

Pressing was included back when we sailed. if you find it isn’t, just send the clean clothes out for laundry and they will be pressed 😉 

• Like 1

We've always had pressing included with the laundry package, but dry cleaning is not.

My husband always sends every one of his dress shirts out on embarkation day as we unpack so they can be freshly pressed - we leave them for our stateroom attendant when we go to dinner.  They've always been back to us by noon the next day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

We have enjoyed the laundry service on past cruises with HAL.  I am hoping that this service will still be offered on our upcoming Alaska cruise.  COVID may cause some changes in services.

It is offered on my Spring cruise.  I haven't looked at my Alaska cruise.  I looked for the spring as I will need it, I think I can get by for the Alaska cruise

9 minutes ago, Cajuntraveler said:

How did you determine that laundry is offered on your spring cruise?  Since I'm already packing (in my mind) for our August Alaska cruise, it would be great to know if laundry will still be offered.

Go to your bookings, look at the gifts, indulgences, etc.....  It will be listed under packages.  It was not there yet for my August Alaska cruise

PS both of mine are in 2022

Edited by Mary229

2 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

How did you determine that laundry is offered on your spring cruise?  Since I'm already packing (in my mind) for our August Alaska cruise, it would be great to know if laundry will still be offered.

If I am not mistkane Laundry is also available no matter what cruise you are taking. I mean, how can you do without laundry anyway? Unless you got like lots of clothes with you.. which is highly unlikely

1 hour ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Thanks, Mary229, I'll keep looking on my booking.

You don't have to purchase laundry before sailing.  It can be done when you send in your first bag of laundry by checking a box on the laundry slip.  FWIW with the unlimited package, you can turn in laundry twice a day:  before breakfast and also during the dinner hour when rooms are being cleaned.  Most of the items in your luggage can be wrinkle free in one day.

The ship laundry operation is huge with napkins, crew uniforms, sheets, and towels being processed each day.  I think that passenger laundry income helps defray some of the facility cost of operation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cajuntraveler said:

Good to see some things haven't gone up in price.  I just looked at our reservation for Alaska and the unlimited laundry package is $49 for the 7 days.  And fyi, that's per cabin, not per person.

Edited to add that if you're in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite, laundry, pressing and dry cleaning are included for free.

Edited by zelker
  • Thanks 1