Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

Does anybody know how many passengers will be allowed onboard? I’m booked on 3rd July and have just read that the MSC Ship that is sailing around UK at the moment has only 900 passengers onboard (6k capacity) due to social distancing rules.Will we be on an empty ship? What a novelty.....

From the other thread:

“I have been a bit concerned now that there is speculation that the Government's Step 4 may be pushed back by a couple of weeks. In Step 3 the guidelines are that UK Domestic cruises are limited to 1000passengers or 50% capacity, whichever is the lowest. So if we remain in Step 3 could the cruise could be oversubscribed? The limit will be 1000 - and Celebrity are giving away 100 free cabins equating to another 200 passengers. “

I’m wondering if there will be itinerary changes?😱
Our cruise on 06/08/21 has 3 Scottish ports.

Edited by upwarduk

49 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

From the other thread:

“I have been a bit concerned now that there is speculation that the Government's Step 4 may be pushed back by a couple of weeks. In Step 3 the guidelines are that UK Domestic cruises are limited to 1000passengers or 50% capacity, whichever is the lowest. So if we remain in Step 3 could the cruise could be oversubscribed? The limit will be 1000 - and Celebrity are giving away 100 free cabins equating to another 200 passengers. “

I’m wondering if the 3 July cruise will be cancelled .......

13 minutes ago, sfitz2000 said:

I’m wondering if the 3 July cruise will be cancelled .......

3rd July is showing as sailing but full on Celebrity's trade site. Not showing on their retail site.

I'm looking forward to the novelty of maximum 1,000 passengers on the ship.

7BD6C376-14F6-4B2A-B6AF-E73DEFBB6429.jpeg

Just had a disappointing call with Celebrity, but others who are not directly in the same situation may benefit...

So Celebrity have now introduced a 10% Captains Club loyalty discount to UK Staycation cruises. Due to the price guarantee I have just phoned to see if we could get this retro applied to our booking.

First of all, really surprised as all our previous conversations with Celebrity have been pleasant but this agent was rather rude and initially was insisting it was only for 'new bookings',

Once he accepted that under the new 'rules' anyone with an existing booking could avail of better pricing he then went on to explain that we couldn't have it anyway as our cabin category has sold out so he wasn't able to see what the 'new' pricing would be. I did ask if it was possible to cancel our cabin, keep on hold and rebook again under the new cost but was told that 'more than likely someone else will rebook your cabin before you can so you would loose it and if that doesn't happen chances are the new cost would be so much higher that even with the 10% discount you would probably pay more'.

Now I understand the logic but just felt his attitude was really rotten...

Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up for any other Captains club members whose cabin categories are still available - phone up and try to get your 10% reduction.

Regarding the 10% Captains circle loyalty discount is it dependent on the level attained?

I'm at Select and all my Celebrity email (received on 7 June) says is i qualify "on board" for 5% off the drinks package upgrade, 25% off WiFi upgrade, 30% off any photo package and 10% off the Spa.

Nothing at all about my cruise fare! 

3 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Regarding the 10% Captains circle loyalty discount is it dependent on the level attained?

I'm at Select and all my Celebrity email (received on 7 June) says is i qualify "on board" for 5% off the drinks package upgrade, 25% off WiFi upgrade, 30% off any photo package and 10% off the Spa.

Nothing at all about my cruise fare! 

This is the link to the Captain's Club offer.

UK Cruises from Southampton 2021 I UK Staycation Deals I Celebrity Cruises

37 minutes ago, steve ch said:

Thanks for the link. After a call to Celebrity (OK I had to wait for 20 minutes) I got my 10% reduction with no problem.

I have just sent an email to my agent and hope for the same. Was it in the form of OBC. I am hoping for 10% too  😁

3 hours ago, 38anchor said:

Just had a disappointing call with Celebrity, but others who are not directly in the same situation may benefit

I’d be tempted to call back and speak to another agent. If you hear the same messaging from a second person maybe just very politely ask where that is in the T&Cs. I haven’t seen anything that suggests this would be a blocker for the discount, but they do have fine print all over the place! 

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

I have just sent an email to my agent and hope for the same. Was it in the form of OBC. I am hoping for 10% too  😁

I haven't made final payment yet, so it was in the form of an adjustment to the amount owing.

I am only Select therefore only a 5% discount. I called my TA who told me that the prices went up and therefore there was only a £20 difference with discount. £20 is £20 to us so I asked for OBC. That will pay for at least one martini!

Hopefully you will get a bigger discount. 

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

From the other thread:

JMO Scottish port visits extremely unlikely because SG stipulates that the whole country must be at Tier 1 i.e. less than 20 cases per 100,000. This information was given to the cruise lines on May 24th.

Annie

Looks like they have pulled the first two sailings from sale, despite having huge amounts of availability yesterday.  I wonder if they are thinking the same as me, in that June 21st is going to be delayed, and therefore have a 1000 passenger limit. 😪

I had much the same conversation today and basically the only option would be to cancel, then rebook….but the price had gone up so I would be out of pocket ?? Seems to me …the price promise….is worth nothing??

30 minutes ago, Sussex Cruiser said:

Looks like they have pulled the first two sailings from sale, despite having huge amounts of availability yesterday.  I wonder if they are thinking the same as me, in that June 21st is going to be delayed, and therefore have a 1000 passenger limit. 😪

Add to that the possibility of Scotland saying no to all cruise ships until all of Scotland hits Level 1 - suspect we are a long way away from that - these summer sailing are beginning to look like cruises to nowhere

44 minutes ago, Sussex Cruiser said:

I had assumed that they were working on approx 1000 anyway. When the summer cruises first went on sale, deck 6 was not on sale at all, and the other decks had approximately every other cabin. Added to that, the inside and ocean view cabins were not on sale. Admittedly they introduced an inside and ocean view guarantee later, but I assumed that they would use such bookings to encourage sales without lowering the balcony cabin price and then use them to fill the remaining balcony cabins with upgrades. 

1 minute ago, Spike11 said:

I had assumed that they were working on approx 1000 anyway. When the summer cruises first went on sale, deck 6 was not on sale at all, and the other decks had approximately every other cabin. Added to that, the inside and ocean view cabins were not on sale. Admittedly they introduced an inside and ocean view guarantee later, but I assumed that they would use such bookings to encourage sales without lowering the balcony cabin price and then use them to fill the remaining balcony cabins with upgrades. 

2022 will be much better!

My TA got back to confirm we would get a 5% discount as Select on our 31 July balcony cabin. So we are getting back £104 onto our CC as the final balance was paid last week.

Once again this forum has been so informative.

Thanks indeed to those that gave me and others the “heads up”.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 8:45 PM, delondin said:

I think the problem is losing our money. What if the results come back late or non inclusive. 

9 hours ago, 38anchor said:

Just had a disappointing call with Celebrity, but others who are not directly in the same situation may benefit...

So Celebrity have now introduced a 10% Captains Club loyalty discount to UK Staycation cruises. Due to the price guarantee I have just phoned to see if we could get this retro applied to our booking.

First of all, really surprised as all our previous conversations with Celebrity have been pleasant but this agent was rather rude and initially was insisting it was only for 'new bookings',

Once he accepted that under the new 'rules' anyone with an existing booking could avail of better pricing he then went on to explain that we couldn't have it anyway as our cabin category has sold out so he wasn't able to see what the 'new' pricing would be. I did ask if it was possible to cancel our cabin, keep on hold and rebook again under the new cost but was told that 'more than likely someone else will rebook your cabin before you can so you would loose it and if that doesn't happen chances are the new cost would be so much higher that even with the 10% discount you would probably pay more'.

Now I understand the logic but just felt his attitude was really rotten...

Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up for any other Captains club members whose cabin categories are still available - phone up and try to get your 10% reduction.

24 minutes ago, Esprit said:

My TA got back to confirm we would get a 5% discount as Select on our 31 July balcony cabin. So we are getting back £104 onto our CC as the final balance was paid last week.

28 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Sorry for the repeat quotes….trying to navigate how to use this site.

I will have to try with our travel agent again, the excuse was….the price is now more than we paid, so we would actually lose out, we booked 3 weeks ago and paid in full. Confused now.

2 hours ago, Caribean03 said:

Sorry for the repeat quotes….trying to navigate how to use this site.

I will have to try with our travel agent again, the excuse was….the price is now more than we paid, so we would actually lose out, we booked 3 weeks ago and paid in full. Confused now.

The Cruise with Confidence will allow you to claim a cheaper fare if one becomes available. So if you want to claim the Captain's Club discount it will be based on the current fare. So it could be higher. I contacted my Agent to try to get a Captain's Club discount, but as my cruise (3rd July) has today been classed as sold out there is no current price to price match to. You cannot simply claim the discount off your fare. It is hard to explain, I hope that helps.