Cheers to You Promo Pays Off!

TerReuv

When our October 2020 cruise was cancelled, we rebooked for October 2022 (already had our 2021 vacation planned).  I have been waiting for a Cheers to You promo that would be good for that cruise, most of them were only good through the summer of 2022.  Finally got it yesterday.  Called our PVP and by using that promo (RU2) we are only having to pay $450 more total.  We already had a credit (not OBC) of $100 so we applied that and for our 8 day cruise Cheers will only cost us $350 over our cruise fare.  This breaks down to $21.88 per person per day.  A savings of $30 per day per person.  I was leary that it would be worth it for us because we aren't huge drinkers, but with that cost (basically 2 drinks) we couldn't say no.

Just had to share because only folks here would understand!  So, if you are already booked and get the offer, it's worth checking.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, indygirl76 said:

Unfortunately, they know I'm already on board with Cheers, so I got the "not at all a deal" RU9. 😅 Congratulations!

Same! I just ran the numbers for my RU9 promo. It would cost us $318 each to upgrade to the RU9 offer. For our 5 day cruise, if we purchase Cheers before sailing our total cost would be $306.51 per person. So this deal doesn't pan out for us! 😞

4 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Do you have to have the RU2 in your offers? I only have RU9 but that won't work for us and actually makes the cruise more expensive than just paying for cheers separately. 

I think you can call your PVP and ask for that rate.  I've read where it worked for others.  Worth a try!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Same! I just ran the numbers for my RU9 promo. It would cost us $318 each to upgrade to the RU9 offer. For our 5 day cruise, if we purchase Cheers before sailing our total cost would be $306.51 per person. So this deal doesn't pan out for us! 😞

Yep. It's even worse as a solo - you automatically pay for TWO "free" packages. 🙄

On 5/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Do you have to have the RU2 in your offers? I only have RU9 but that won't work for us and actually makes the cruise more expensive than just paying for cheers separately. 

Yes, whichever code the algorithm bestowed upon you that is in your offers box is what you're stuck with.  I was on the phone with a supervisor and I was practically begging for a RU1, RU2 or RU3 and they wouldn't budge.

• Like 1

I received the RU9 code as well, I called and they have stopped selling cabins for my sailing (10/23/21) so they cannot apply the code for mine. She said if rooms become available, I can call and see if it can be applied.

I just called

the ru9 code just makes the booking a package deal-so then the cost of cheers is added to the cabin price.

The only benefit I see to that is then you pay for it when final payment is due-

my cruise is not until next May so I am hoping I'll get a better offer between now and the cruise

On 5/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, indygirl76 said:

Yep. It's even worse as a solo - you automatically pay for TWO "free" packages. 🙄

Then you should get 30 drinks a day! LOL Could you even imagine! Yikes! 

In 45+ cruises never bought Cheers as not that big of drinkers.   Got the offer and added it for 2 of our 3 cruises coming up (hopefully) in the next few months.  Usually buy a drink or two a day, and add in some specialties at the coffee shop (like milkshakes!)

One was $180 total more for both of us for a 7 day, and the other was $220 total for both of us for an 8 day!  Couldn't pass it up.

Figure we can drink that much worth no problem in a week (especially with yummy milk shakes from the coffee shop), and I love my tiramisu drinks - will just "enjoy" myself a bit more this year - GOD KNOWS I (and everyone else) needs it! 

1 hour ago, crooooze said:

I must have had a crappy price for our cabin, because adding the RU1 Cheers package to our existing booking only cost a total of $70 more.

Salut!

That sounds right. I think RU1 is $5/day/person. So on a 7-day cruise, it would be $35 a person.

If I remember reading right, RU1 $5/day/person, RU2 $10 or $15/day/person, RU3 $30/day/person

Is there a limit on how many offers you can book of cheers?

I had it once, accidentally put a hold on one with cheers and booked another. I called carnival to remove the hold, but the cheers offer was removed. Is this normal?

Cant use it again. Not booking  normal if nothing offered I'll wait. Just wondering if that guy removed cheers from my offers he said cant remove the hold booking. Expired but offer gone since I called carnival. 

2 hours ago, wemjam said:

will just "enjoy" myself a bit more this year - GOD KNOWS I (and everyone else) needs it! 

Totally!  My husband and I are booked on a delayed 10 year anniversary cruise without our kids thanks to the RU2 code, and the only reason we even did it was because our kids will be home with their grandparents.  A pandemic year survived definitely calls for enjoying ourselves a little more.  🥂

59 minutes ago, desiree741 said:

We was offered a cheers to you package but how do I know which one? I never heard of ru2 9 or whatever lol 

Go to the carnival website. Click Plan, and then Deals. If your VIFP number is entered on that page, you will see the deals specifically for you. At the end of each deal description is a code.

4 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Do you have to rebook a cruise to get the Cheers discount or can you add it to a cruise you already booked?

It would be a price match. My price was exactly the same as when I booked plus the extra cheers cost, so I just paid the extra. Let's say you cruise price is 1k, 1060 with cheers  ..you would pay the 1060. If your price is now 1500 you probably dont want to price match. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It would be a price match. My price was exactly the same as when I booked plus the extra cheers cost, so I just paid the extra. Let's say you cruise price is 1k, 1060 with cheers  ..you would pay the 1060. If your price is now 1500 you probably dont want to price match. 

Thank you for the explanation! My Mardi Gras cruise is several hundred dollars more now than I paid for it.

• Thanks 1