Equinox Renovation

Ugaaucruisers

I believe that she wasn't able to receive the full rehab due to the Oasis crane accident that damaged the dry-dock. I have also been on her after the refurb and found her in great condition. I also don't remember big updates on the cabins.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It did not get completed.  And is not scheduled for some time.  The beds and soft goods were replaced.  I sailed her after her partial refurb and found her perfectly fine.

Do you have an idea when, Happy?  We're scheduled for the Dec 2022 holiday cruise.

28 minutes ago, marieps said:

Do you have an idea when, Happy?  We're scheduled for the Dec 2022 holiday cruise.

I would suggest that the "completion" will be some time down the line. First I don't think the "Revolution" was quite the hit that it was hoped to be. Also keep in mind there are 2 Solstice class ships that have not even had the "revolution" started. With half the fleet still doing nothing, don't count on major refits any time soon. Enjoy your cruise with the ship that is not long out of her partial "Revolution".

We sailed a regular veranda cabin after renovation.   The drapes, bedding, carpet, and bench cover were new.   Also new TV's and balcony furniture, including the smaller table.    Ship is in great shape!   It's my favorite.

6 hours ago, marieps said:

See post above.  There was an accident at the dry dock and the ship had to do its dry dock elsewhere in a shorter period.

If you're asking when the next dry dock will be, I believe I read somewhere that the Equinox is at the end of the line.  She got the essential mechanical stuff done and all the dry goods were replaced.  They just couldn't do all the Hoppenization.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

I doubt that we see much in the way of major refurbishments anytime soon. The cruise lines are deep in debt and until they get back on their feet financially it won’t happen. RCG has a brand new corporate office sitting about a 1/4 way complete in Miami along with a half finished parking garage. Add to that a new terminal in Galveston and a major project in Freeport plus a number of new builds. All of this will take precedence. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Does anyone know if the Equinox evolution renovation was completed?  If I remember correctly only suites, aqua and concierge cabins were renovated.  Have the veranda , OV and inside had the renovation?

Thanks

The renovation was not completed.  The ship had looked really tired  before the renovation and is really nice now.  As for the cabins, we had new bedding cover and mattress, curtains, carpeting,  tv, and upholstery  for the sofa.    There was new furniture on the veranda but no foot rests and a smaller table.  Art in the common areas was thankfully replaced.   Also, I am glad the planned suites taking away space n the Sky Lounge did not take place.  

I was on one of the first cruises post-revolution. We were in Puerto Rico and they were loading up mattresses and stuff to do replacements while under way for the cabins that didn't get done during the drydock. I assume this continued on further cruises. 

I too am glad the Sky Lounge survived intact. I hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Absolutely.  😁

I recalled we were of like minds on this subject.  I see you on the Summit Repo roll call next April.  Hope to meet you for a cocktail cruise gab!

2 hours ago, marieps said:

I recalled we were of like minds on this subject.  I see you on the Summit Repo roll call next April.  Hope to meet you for a cocktail cruise gab!

I've actually booked both the Summit repos for next year.  When we get a bit closer, I'll start up a roll call and we'll organize something for sailaway.  Maybe we can have a contest to see who has the most useless Hoppencrap in their cabin?  😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Absolutely.  😁

I am booked on her for end of April 2022. So happy that the *crap will not be in our cabin. I suppose I am a bit conservative and old fashioned. I prefer timeless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I am booked on her for end of April 2022. So happy that the *crap will not be in our cabin. I suppose I am a bit conservative and old fashioned. I prefer timeless.

That's why I was so disappointed in my Connie cancellation.  It would have been my first suite, and my first time into the "old" Michaels club...except when Perry Grant played in there.  I'll miss the old M class locker rooms.  Lots of space and a huge sauna.    And the dark and mysterious PG.  There's something to be said for "old school."

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've actually booked both the Summit repos for next year.  When we get a bit closer, I'll start up a roll call and we'll organize something for sailaway.  Maybe we can have a contest to see who has the most useless Hoppencrap in their cabin?  😁

When is the OTHER Summit repo?

44 minutes ago, marieps said:

That's why I was so disappointed in my Connie cancellation.  It would have been my first suite, and my first time into the "old" Michaels club...except when Perry Grant played in there.  I'll miss the old M class locker rooms.  Lots of space and a huge sauna.    And the dark and mysterious PG.  There's something to be said for "old school."

I liked a lot of the old school stuff, but definitely not the dark and mysterious Persian Gardens.  More like the Persian Dungeon!  Don't know if it has been improved after the refurb, I only sailed in AQ once.

14 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

First one is Miami-Cape Liberty, April 25.  Second one is Cape Liberty-Miami, October 15.

Alas, we have a holiday cruise only 2 months after that, and would have just returned from our first river cruise (I hope).  See you in April, though.