tranfer of a reservation to a travel agent

Calypso54

This is from 2020 so might have changed.

Thank you for contacting Holland America Line.

Per your request we are forwarding the attached Reservation Transfer Form.

Please complete, print, sign, and return the form by the fax or email listed.  Please allow up to 5 business days for the transfer to be completed once form is sent back.

We must have an electronic or physical signature on the form.

Transfers must be requested within 60 days of creating a booking and cannot be paid in full.

Please be advised that a form is needed for each booking and each guest needs to fill out their own forms. 

Please contact us with any questions.

Kind Regards,

Melanie Judd
World Cruise Reservations
Holland America Line 
Phone:800-522-3399
Fax #206-270-6080
world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

Reservation Transfer Request Form.pdf

• Like 1

I will continue to look for the information but I do believe they shortened the transfer period. My bad it is still 60 days but before final payment 

Edited by Mary229

I do it all the time (book myself online, then request a transfer).  It must be done within 60 days of booking, there is a form to fill out and submit to the world cruise department via email ...  world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

There’s also a fax number on the form should you want to do it that way.  Ask your TA to email you the form with their info filled out so all you should need to do is sign and date it, then submit it.  Or use the form above but make sure you have all the correct info on it before you submit it.

It can be done before or after you do your deposit.  The only thing they’ve changed is that you can’t transfer to an outside agency if you book through one of HAL’s PCCs.

Edited by zelker

• 3 years later...

Can anyone comment if this info is still correct? My travel agent is out of town and I want to book an itinerary that looks as if it is almost sold out.

I just ask the box store how to. Details above arecorrect,, I was told you have 60 days to do so. Now if your TA is not that Big Box TA they may assist a bit more. 

We did this and our TA was able to transfer the reservation.  No need for the transfer request form.  Make your reservation and when your TA returns ask them to take care of it.  Just our experience, Cherie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all:  I have done a number of transfers to my TA when I have booked with Holland America.  I recently booked a cruise and used a phone number attached to the email and didn’t realize that booking with a PCC was different in terms of transferring to my TA.  Has anyone had success transferring their cruise if booked through a PCC?  I would appreciate any help!

Thank you

On 7/31/2024 at 3:37 PM, ransclan said:

Hi all:  I have done a number of transfers to my TA when I have booked with Holland America.  I recently booked a cruise and used a phone number attached to the email and didn’t realize that booking with a PCC was different in terms of transferring to my TA.  Has anyone had success transferring their cruise if booked through a PCC?  I would appreciate any help!

Thank you

I have used the form to transfer. I wasn't aware a PCC booking wasn't transferable, but when I asked my PCC to make a change one time last year, she heatedly lectured me about TA bookings and closed the conversation by saying "I see you have a couple bookings sitting with TAs. Just know you can't transfer this one." I didn't ask her what she meant as I had no plans to transfer it, but thought it was a strange comment. Neither of the bookings she referenced were transfers - they both originated w/the TA.

On 7/31/2024 at 2:37 PM, ransclan said:

Thank you

I transferred recently from a booking made with a PCC to the big box store for the shop card. This is our 7th HAL cruise but first booking with a PCC (usually I just booked online). And with the exception of the first one, I have always transferred for the shop card (used to be OBC). This time was a little different. When I submitted the paperwork within the 60 day window, I was told by World Cruise International that the transfer had to be completed by the PCC. I sent the PCC that email. The PCC responded by saing they would counteroffer the offer from the TA but needed a letter from the TA saying what the offer was. I declined that, and he transferred as requested. He was very nice about it , but I see he dropped me and I no longer have a PCC. 

Thanks for the replies fellow cruisers!  After three days on the phone with Holland America’s Personal Cruise Consultants I finally received word that they approved the transfer.  I got the runaround for two days as it turns out the Consultant I’d been assigned wasn’t there and her return was “undetermined”!  I have transferred four bookings previously to my Travel Agent but I had booked those online and had no problem.  All is good!  Happy Cruising Everyone,

Darlene

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ransclan said:

Thanks for the replies fellow cruisers!  After three days on the phone with Holland America’s Personal Cruise Consultants I finally received word that they approved the transfer.  I got the runaround for two days as it turns out the Consultant I’d been assigned wasn’t there and her return was “undetermined”!  I have transferred four bookings previously to my Travel Agent but I had booked those online and had no problem.  All is good!  Happy Cruising Everyone,

Darlene

My PCC wouldn’t book us if we were later going to transfer.  I booked directly with HAL customer service so that I could later transfer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, saskacruiser said:

I transferred recently from a booking made with a PCC to the big box store for the shop card. This is our 7th HAL cruise but first booking with a PCC (usually I just booked online). And with the exception of the first one, I have always transferred for the shop card (used to be OBC). This time was a little different. When I submitted the paperwork within the 60 day window, I was told by World Cruise International that the transfer had to be completed by the PCC. I sent the PCC that email. The PCC responded by saing they would counteroffer the offer from the TA but needed a letter from the TA saying what the offer was. I declined that, and he transferred as requested. He was very nice about it , but I see he dropped me and I no longer have a PCC. 

Hi Saskatchewan…we’re from The City of Bridges….Saskatoon!

12 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

My PCC wouldn’t book us if we were later going to transfer.  I booked directly with HAL customer service so that I could later transfer.

Interesting.  Makes me wonder how the HAL reservations sales system works.  Is HAL customer service different than a HAL PCC?

Are HAL customer service reps salaried Company employees, and PCC’s independent commissioned persons?

Based on the comments I have read, they would leave me to thinking that way.

So it is understandable that a PCC would not want to lose a commission for a reservation they worked on, to a travel agent…🤷‍♂️

I recently transferred a 9 day ABC's cruise to the shop card agent and got a 705.00 shop card and 100.00 OBC.  I told friends about it.  They have a great PCC that they always book with and were concerned she would lose commission.   They also said that the PCC always gets them a better rate than they see when they are logged in.  I have noticed that sometimes checking a price  there is a reduction after you log in and sometimes it is the same.  The PCC we are assigned never answers email, I even asked customer service if PCC's are real.  I've always had good luck with the customer service line.  Last time I made an online booking I called her about something and was told she couldn't help me because I had booked on line, I needed to  call customer service.  

1 hour ago, skatelady said:

I recently transferred a 9 day ABC's cruise to the shop card agent and got a 705.00 shop card and 100.00 OBC.  I told friends about it.  They have a great PCC that they always book with and were concerned she would lose commission.   They also said that the PCC always gets them a better rate than they see when they are logged in.  I have noticed that sometimes checking a price  there is a reduction after you log in and sometimes it is the same.  The PCC we are assigned never answers email, I even asked customer service if PCC's are real.  I've always had good luck with the customer service line.  Last time I made an online booking I called her about something and was told she couldn't help me because I had booked on line, I needed to  call customer service.  

I booked my upcoming cruise directly with shop card agent as it was past final payment and I had to pay in full at the time of booking, so couldn’t book with HAL first and then transfer,  shop card agent got me a better price than HAL, and an OBC cash as well, I also got a shop card.

• Thanks 1