Richard Fain, RCG CEO, discusses vaccination strategies during restart of cruising

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Can we do the reverse and make the non vaxxer where the bracelets/bracelets.  

I dont want to wear the stupid bracelet and have those tan lines.  I 

Would these suffice?

Screenshot_20210607-211521_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f94c2cefc78015a872b3bc7ecce3d409.jpg

Pain in the ass at security, though

Especially wearing three😉

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, mauraoel said:

Yeah when our kids were teens we did that but the Littles are old enough for that yet.

I guess we were bad parents😉🤣🤣

Go figure

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 2

I like the idea of up charge for non vaccinated right now to help prevent them from sailing. I’ll take it a step further and if a unvaccinated person is caught without a mask or whatever other protocols needed then immediately kicked off at next port. No warnings and banned for life from Royal. Going to have to make some extreme examples to be taken serious or it won’t work. 

This isn’t permanent but needed at least for a couple months to see how things go…

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess we were bad parents😉🤣🤣

Go figure

There is a rumor that the grand pup is my favorite... I don't know where they got that idea.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I like the idea of up charge for non vaccinated right now to help prevent them from sailing. I’ll take it a step further and if a unvaccinated person is caught without a mask or whatever other protocols needed then immediately kicked off at next port. No warnings and banned for life from Royal. Going to have to make some extreme examples to be taken serious or it won’t work. 

This isn’t permanent but needed at least for a couple months to see how things go…

Due process doesn't apply?

40 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They could say "if you would like to avoid this $350 COVID test, we will accept your vaccine card as a waiver; by the way there will be another $350 COVID test on days 3 and 6 as well."

Actually I think this is how they are going to get around the vaccine passport issue in FL.  The policy will be that everyone gets COVID tested to board but you can be exempted from the testing if you choose to show your vaccine card.  I also think the unvaccinated will have additional COVID testing and that there will be a charge for the testing if you were eligible to be vaccinated and chose not to be vaccinated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

They could say "if you would like to avoid this $350 COVID test, we will accept your vaccine card as a waiver; by the way there will be another $350 COVID test on days 3 and 6 as well."

What if you flip it and make it a positive?..... voluntarily provide your proof of vaccination and get a $100 OBC.     Also, if you don't you acknowledge you must pre-cruise test negative and submit to daily testing on board.

2 hours ago, shutterbug63 said:

There's one thing I'm not understanding about this.  It was my understanding that the Florida law prohibits Royal from requiring proof of vaccination to board the ship.  But the way I read it, it doesn't prohibit them from asking if someone has had the vaccine. If that's the case but no proof has to be shown, then nothing's stopping someone from lying.  It's basically the honor system. So how then would they differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers?  Maybe I'm making a mountain of  a molehill here, but it does bring a question to my mind.

The honor system does not work and everyone, including the cruise lines, know that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You mean age discrimination 🤔

You mean  the "adults only" area. What is wrong with that? How many adults hang around the Adventure Ocean area? I don't think adults are allowed in there. Right? ............Same deal.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

You mean  the "adults only" area. What is wrong with that? How many adults hang around the Adventure Ocean area? I don't think adults are allowed in there. Right? ............Same deal.

Big difference, kids want to go to solarium,  not many adults want to go to AO.

FWIW, Adults can go to AO, they jusy can't bring alcohol 

Woohoo! It's so exciting, isn't it! There is hope we can cruise without the vaccine! I say this with love and total admiration: how do you get sick if you're already vaccinated?!?! So crazy! Yes your second shot SHOULD protect but you seriously want us MARKED???

I have some medical issues I really don't want to enjoyed feeling sick from the shots when I ALREADY HAD COVID, you know??

Edited by Beeline Cruiser

15 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

What if you flip it and make it a positive?..... voluntarily provide your proof of vaccination and get a $100 OBC.     Also, if you don't you acknowledge you must pre-cruise test negative and submit to daily testing on board.

And pay for the testing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Additional costs AND restrictions...

So............how will the vaxxed be identified from the un-vaxxed? Will RCCL resort to ID bands of a different color? Green for vaxxed and red for un-vaxxed. Do you get the significance of the colors?

3 hours ago, dswallow said:

I didn't catch the significance of that one, but I do think many parts of this video were very carefully worded.

He must have a teleprompter or cue cards to make these video messages. How else can he carefully word his message and not forget anything?

3 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

So............how will the vaxxed be identified from the un-vaxxed? Will RCCL resort to ID bands of a different color? Green for vaxxed and red for un-vaxxed. Do you get the significance of the colors?

They only need to have a special wristband for the vaxxed people which could possibly include those who can show a doctor's note that they recovered recently from a confirmed covid illness.  The unvaxxed people don't need the band at all.  If you aren't wearing a band, you have to wear a mask and avoid crowded parts of the ship, or whatever other gently punitive measures they can think of.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

He must have a teleprompter or cue cards to make these video messages. How else can he carefully word his message and not forget anything?

It's clearly a teleprompter app on a smart phone.  Free nowadays.

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, rorito said:

I just confirmed my reservations for Liberty on 8/29/21 will be automatically moved to Independence of the Seas. Same room, itinerary etc. Just new ship and change will be reflected June 18th! 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Would these suffice?

Screenshot_20210607-211521_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f94c2cefc78015a872b3bc7ecce3d409.jpg

Pain in the ass at security, though

Especially wearing three😉

That's an ankle bracelet?  Oh my....my mind rolled a gutter ball on this one....

2 hours ago, BSocial said:

this part had me shaking my head:

It’s a bit like litter. If I drop a piece of litter on the ground, it makes an insignificant impact on the environment. But if a lot of people drop litter, the cumulative impact is enormous. The same thing’s true of vaccines.”

Did Fain mean to say un-vaxxed = litter bugs?

• Haha 2