Which TV Channels in Stateroom?

RC has probably the worst TV at sea.

They used to have pretty good variety but over the last 10 years it has dwindled down to just a few channels.

Replaced with RC channels that are basically commercials for itself.

At least Princess shows  old "Love Boat" episodes..

And yes,   we spend a lot of time in the cabin on the down time.

Just because I am on a ship does not mean I need to be out doing stuff 24/7....

• Like 2

The last times I've sailed RCL (3X in 2019) they had ESPN and ESPN2 on TV in the cabins.  They'd show both college football and NFL on both stations.  I rather enjoyed sitting on my balcony, facing the cabin with the TV positioned toward me and watching the games with a bucket of beer at my side.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, Ashland said:

In the past we have brought  our Firestick, HDMI cable and universal remote and have been able to watch Amazon Prime & Netflix on our in cabin TV. Of course to do this we have purchased the Vroom/Surf-n-Stream package. Hoping this works still. 

We're long time cruisers no longer interested in the onboard night life and enjoy watching movies in our cabin...JOHO...probably not your's...our vacation ... our choice.

Like most, I've learned a new language using short cut words/phrases in texts and on the internet.  But I have to ask.  What is a JOHO?  I've heard of JLo and even J-Doe. 😃   But not JOHO.  

BTW, I can enjoy laying back in the cabin and watching a good movie.  We download movies to an iPad so we can watch them on the travel trailer TV.   We just use a simple cable connection (iPad whateveritiscalled Port to HDMI cable).  Never occurred we might be able to do something similar on the cruise ship.  

Edited by ldubs

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Like most, I've learned a new language using short cut words/phrases in texts and on the internet.  But I have to ask.  What is a JOHO?  I've heard of JLo and even J-Doe. 😃   But not JOHO.  

BTW, I can enjoy laying back in the cabin and watching a good movie.  We download movies to an iPad so we can watch them on the travel trailer TV.   We just use a simple cable connection (iPad whateveritiscalled Port to HDMI cable).  Never occurred we might be able to do something similar on the cruise ship.  

Oops...My bad...it was supposed to be JMHO...sometimes these senior fingers have a mind of their own....but thanks for noticing :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Oops...My bad...it was supposed to be JMHO...sometimes these senior fingers have a mind of their own....but thanks for noticing :classic_wink:

Awww, now it seems obvious!  I was guessing Just Our Honest Opinion.  Haha. 

By the way, I find it very convenient to blame all of my typos and grammatical errors on auto-correct!  😀

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, darlinjasa said:

What's the diff in Voom/stream etc? 

VOOM is the marketing term RCI uses for its internet service. Stream is the higher speed tier of the service. Surf is the lower speed tier.

Edited by Biker19

On 6/8/2021 at 7:46 AM, knittinggirl said:

Did they bring back Fox News?  Do they still have movie channels?

Gosh, I hope not.  It would be nice to get away from all of the hateful politics for a week.  On one cruise a guy had Fox News on every morning in the Diamond Club and I just couldn't stay in there with the talking heads ranting about this and that.  I don't know why they even call it "news".

I prefer watching reruns of Green Acres 🙂 or that magician guy they have on sometimes.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, tserface said:

Gosh, I hope not.  It would be nice to get away from all of the hateful politics for a week.  On one cruise a guy had Fox News on every morning in the Diamond Club and I just couldn't stay in there with the talking heads ranting about this and that.  I don't know why they even call it "news".

I prefer watching reruns of Green Acres 🙂 or that magician guy they have on sometimes.

"Fox News" I couldn't have gotten out of there quick enough !!

• Like 4

On 6/8/2021 at 1:41 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

We'll sometimes watch the Ship's channel, I forgot what they call it. But anyway, we'll watch that and reruns of the ship's activities as we prepare for whatever or wherever we're headed to next. We once were on the Love & Marraige show and I didn't think it was really a large crowd that night or at least the seats didn't look completely full. Anyway, we had no idea they showed replays for a few days afterwards. The balance of the week where ever we went someone would say, "Hey I saw you on TV last night!". It just seemed like more people saw us on the TV as opposed to the live show that evening. Strange. But so fun. So I guess TV time happens but we don't use it much. We definitely try to avoid the news. 

we are the same as you.   Maybe put it on while getting ready for dinner.     the only time I definitely put TV is on when I first get into bed but usually fall asleep pretty quick.

On 6/25/2021 at 2:32 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Check your cable service.  Many give you an option to watch what you subscribe to while you are away from home over internet service.  I have been able to watch college games over the ship internet on my iPad with no problem.

I use dish anywhere through my fire stick all the time. I will be bringing 2 sticks with me on my next sailing since it is a suite. I hate having to figure out what channel is what and it’s great being able to access my DVR.