ROYAL UP IS BACK

Finally just managed to get through for my upcoming cruise - Oct 3 Oasis out of NJ. We have a crown loft currently, bids available (per person) were:

Royal Loft: $3,000-$8,500

Owners Panoramic: $2500-$7500

Grand Panoramic: $1900-$7000

Star Loft: $800-$3000

2 BR Aqua: $500-$1400

Ultimate Panoramic: $400-$1200

1 BR Aqua: $300-$1000

So we were Royal Upped!  Originally had a One Bedroom Grand Suite on Allure for August 15. Since hubby can’t go, I will be cruising with my sister.  So the minimum bid for the Two Bedroom Grand Suite was $200 pp and I bid $345 each, figuring it was worth an extra hundred per night for each of us to have our own bedroom and bathroom.  We were assigned to Deck 9, which is fine by me since we are closer to Park Cafe and Central Park.  Western Caribbean here we come. 

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

So we were Royal Upped!  Originally had a One Bedroom Grand Suite on Allure for August 15. Since hubby can’t go, I will be cruising with my sister.  So the minimum bid for the Two Bedroom Grand Suite was $200 pp and I bid $345 each, figuring it was worth an extra hundred per night for each of us to have our own bedroom and bathroom.  We were assigned to Deck 9, which is fine by me since we are closer to Park Cafe and Central Park.  Western Caribbean here we come. 

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. 

• Like 1

We went back and forth on whether to place a bid for our Sept 12 cruise on the Oasis. We are booked in an ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony and after looking at junior and grand suites we both agreed that our current room suited our needs with our kids more. Today the FOMO bug bit me and decided to place a barely over minimum bid on the ultimate panoramic suite and the 2 bedroom aquatheater suite just to get it out of my system 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CruiseBride926 said:

We went back and forth on whether to place a bid for our Sept 12 cruise on the Oasis. We are booked in an ultra spacious ocean view with large balcony and after looking at junior and grand suites we both agreed that our current room suited our needs with our kids more. Today the FOMO bug bit me and decided to place a barely over minimum bid on the ultimate panoramic suite and the 2 bedroom aquatheater suite just to get it out of my system 😂

Good luck!

On 7/29/2021 at 3:06 PM, ryanbarckley said:

I just booked the 10/3 Oasis sailing last night. When I try to put in my reservation on the royalup page it just stalls at "please wait, we are checking for availability". Has this happened to anyone/is there a workaround? I haven't gotten any email yet and we're 66 days out, which I know is technically too early but I've seen some people with cruises around the same timeline bidding or being able to get in. If it matters, my reservation is part of a travel agent group (not the big box that doesn't participate), I don't think it does though.

I have two staterooms booked on the August 28 Adventure sailing.  I got a RoyalUp offer for one of them a couple of weeks ago, and placed a couple of bids.  When I access those offers through the emailed link, I can see that they are pending.

If I go directly to the RoyalUp website and enter my reservation numbers:

• The reservation I got the email offer for gives me the "page has sailed on" error that others have reported.
  • The second room (no email or offers placed) gives me the "checking availability" dialogue forever.

Haven't found a workaround, unfortunately.  And for what it's worth, my reservations were booked through RCCL directly.

2 hours ago, mabt said:

I have two staterooms booked on the August 28 Adventure sailing.  I got a RoyalUp offer for one of them a couple of weeks ago, and placed a couple of bids.  When I access those offers through the emailed link, I can see that they are pending.

If I go directly to the RoyalUp website and enter my reservation numbers:

• The reservation I got the email offer for gives me the "page has sailed on" error that others have reported.
  • The second room (no email or offers placed) gives me the "checking availability" dialogue forever.

Haven't found a workaround, unfortunately.  And for what it's worth, my reservations were booked through RCCL directly.

I tweeted them about the checking availability dialogue and they told me (direct quote) “I'm sorry about that. Please note RoyalUp is by invite only. IT is aware of this and is looking to correct. If this continues past 8/4, feel free to reach out to us again.”

My reservation started working for RoyalUp shortly after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ryanbarckley said:

I tweeted them about the checking availability dialogue and they told me (direct quote) “I'm sorry about that. Please note RoyalUp is by invite only. IT is aware of this and is looking to correct. If this continues past 8/4, feel free to reach out to us again.”

My reservation started working for RoyalUp shortly after. 

Mine still is stuck on checking availability

They are now offering upgrades by giving you a second cabin.

Two For One Upgrade - 2 Ocean View Balcony StateroomsExperience More Comfort In common.offer.upgrade.type.SPLIT_BALCONY:  

Enjoy a second room for your party with our new "Two for One Upgrade" option. You’ll keep your existing stateroom category class and get a second stateroom of the same category class — all for one bid. We cannot guarantee both rooms will be on the same deck. 
0 - Descriptive image of the benefits of upgrading your ticket
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two For One Upgrade - 2 Ocean View Balcony StateroomsExperience More Comfort In common.offer.upgrade.type.SPLIT_BALCONY:  

Enjoy a second room for your party with our new "Two for One Upgrade" option. You’ll keep your existing stateroom category class and get a second stateroom of the same category class — all for one bid. We cannot guarantee both rooms will be on the same deck. 

Interesting.  How many people are booked in your original cabin?  I assume they would offer this for cabins with 3 or more passengers?

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is both really interesting, and kind of useless.  For us, anyway.  I wouldn't take the chance on having my family of four stuck in a single room - my mixed-gender teenagers are past the point of sleeping in the same bed.  If they had staterooms that accommodated four on three separate sleeping surfaces, then an offer to upgrade to two rooms might be quite enticing.  I didn't see that on Adventure.  Maybe some of the newer ships have more flexible arrangements?

15 minutes ago, mabt said:

This is both really interesting, and kind of useless.  For us, anyway.  I wouldn't take the chance on having my family of four stuck in a single room - my mixed-gender teenagers are past the point of sleeping in the same bed.  If they had staterooms that accommodated four on three separate sleeping surfaces, then an offer to upgrade to two rooms might be quite enticing.  I didn't see that on Adventure.  Maybe some of the newer ships have more flexible arrangements?

On Oasis and Allure there are regular balcony rooms that have a pullout sofa plus a Pullman. (You can find them by searching for cabins that accommodate 5…they can be booked with 4) 

• Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

On Oasis and Allure there are regular balcony rooms that have a pullout sofa plus a Pullman. (You can find them by searching for cabins that accommodate 5…they can be booked with 4) 

Good to know for the future.  Thanks!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 9:15 AM, HighlandBoy said:

Yes it was per person, after the refunds for gratuities, deluxe package and the unlimited dining we had already bought and add in the voom we now get it worked out about £50 more than we paid originally for the JS we were in. It was our 26th wedding anniversary on the day we boarded so decided to try for the RoyalUp and was delighted to get it.

Makes perfect sense. 2 years ago we were in a crown loft suite (4 of us) and bid minimum bid of $500 pp for first two guest total bid of $1000 which was $250 pp and we were on a comp for crown loft paying only port fees and taxes we ended up winning our bid for a total of $345 pp fo squa theatre 2 bedroom. Once you include the beverage package, dining package, WiFi, gratuities our cruise was basically free. Once in a lifetime cruise. We just bid last week on our upcoming cruise again we will see how it goes this time 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Okay guys I have never had a royal up accepted before today.  We are going from a balcony on Adventure to a 2 bedroom grand suite what amenities come with this upgrade?  I know the points stay as if we are still in a balcony and really did this for the space since there are four of us but, do we get the access to the lounge, are the beverage packages included, I think I read that internet was not.  Please give me the skinny!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Okay guys I have never had a royal up accepted before today.  We are going from a balcony on Adventure to a 2 bedroom grand suite what amenities come with this upgrade?  I know the points stay as if we are still in a balcony and really did this for the space since there are four of us but, do we get the access to the lounge, are the beverage packages included, I think I read that internet was not.  Please give me the skinny!!!

You will have access to the suite lounge and free drinks during happy hour.  No beverage packages included

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

2 bedroom grand suite is Sky class.  Congratulations!!!

1 minute ago, LadyShiva said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

2 bedroom grand suite is Sky class.  Congratulations!!!

Aren't the different suite classes just for the newer ships?  I had already read that Adventure doesn't have internet as an amenity.

6 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Aren't the different suite classes just for the newer ships?  I had already read that Adventure doesn't have internet as an amenity.

Yes that is right.  Only Oasis and Quantum class have the different suite classes at this time.  These are the ships with Sea/Sky/Star class 

E079BC0A-C529-4F7C-BDC2-B57E1F990F58.jpeg

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

Edited by JessyCruises