ROYAL UP IS BACK

3 hours ago, 100viper said:

Sweet! Can’t wait to get my Royal Up email around the end of the year. 

How much do you plan on betting?

You don't necessarily have to get the email offer...You can keep checking yourself. Normally it says approx 30 days out you can bid to Royal Up...however the last time we did it was much further out than that...so it seems like it might just vary.

• Like 1

I wish I had got my updated Freedom cruise, I'm still showing Navigator!! And i got an email confirmation for navigator yesterday. It's frustrating talking to anyone at Royal as I keep being given differing dates for the transfer.

Hope I get to go on Freedom.

2 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

I wish I had got my updated Freedom cruise, I'm still showing Navigator!! And i got an email confirmation for navigator yesterday. It's frustrating talking to anyone at Royal as I keep being given differing dates for the transfer.

Hope I get to go on Freedom.

My Freedom was changed by RCI to Explorer last Oct 2021 for my March 2022 cruise. Same itinerary and cabin category and similar location for my OS. My cruise ended up a bit cheaper with the change of ships...all's good for us. 

Edited by Ashland

4 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

I’m hoping since the cruise is closed to bookings now that I hear on my bid to upgrade to a grand suite for the July 3rd Adventure sailing.

It's great when you hear back quickly but at times you may not find out until you get to the terminal.

A nice surprise !!

My Ovation cruise is 65 days out and I checked yesterday. Royal up is available.  So if the ships are sailing at reduced capacity do you think that more bids might be accepted  ( more room available)  I see that all inside and ocean view room for the Ovation August 13 2021 Alaska are sold out.

14 hours ago, Baowen said:

My Ovation cruise is 65 days out and I checked yesterday. Royal up is available.  So if the ships are sailing at reduced capacity do you think that more bids might be accepted  ( more room available)  I see that all inside and ocean view room for the Ovation August 13 2021 Alaska are sold out.

We are on the same sailing. It’s now showing as sold out. I looked yesterday and there were balconies and suites available. They must have hit their reduced occupancy %. 

Edited by SOCACRUISEGUY

On 6/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

If you do Royalup and don’t like the location can you still move to other cabins if available in the same category?

I ask because adventure has a lot of Jr suites left for our cruise  but half are aft which I wouldn’t want

On 6/10/2021 at 8:58 AM, Biker19 said:

Yes.

@Biker19 wouldn't that depend on when your offer is accepted? I think many of them are in the las few days before sailing.

3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

wouldn't that depend on when your offer is accepted?

It depends on cabin availability, so yes, with a late upgrade the likelihood of something being available in the same category is low.

• Like 1

Just now, Biker19 said:

It depends on cabin availability, so yes, with a late upgrade the likelihood of something being available in the same category is low.

Thanks,  that makes sense. 

In our current case (July 2 on Freedom), it is even more challenging because the cruise is not showing as available on Royal's website, and I can't see what cabins are available.  I assume they have reached whatever capacity limit they set for this cruise.

3 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I assume they have reached whatever capacity limit they set for this cruise.

Without inside RCI access, it will be very difficult to know capacities and cabin inventory for some time.

• Like 1