ROYAL UP IS BACK

Has anyone had RoyalUp offers accepted? I’m on the Freedom on July 2 in an Inside stateroom and made a few bids. But I haven’t seen any reports that upgrades are actually happening. Just curious. 

I got a Royal Up email for our July19th Freedom sailing...I've never done this before...Do you bid on different levels or just pick one?  I only put a bid in on the Grand Suite, but should I go back and do a jr suite bid as well?  TIA

1 hour ago, 2nsmom said:

I got a Royal Up email for our July19th Freedom sailing...I've never done this before...Do you bid on different levels or just pick one?  I only put a bid in on the Grand Suite, but should I go back and do a jr suite bid as well?  TIA

Yes, it’s up to you. Ex. I am in an inside cabin but a great location. So I didn’t bid on categories that are all the way forward like the Panoramic OV. But I did bid on everything else. 

1 hour ago, 2nsmom said:

If you don't care what you get bid on both.  If you only want a GS just bid on that.  

2 hours ago, sford75 said:

Has anyone had RoyalUp offers accepted? I’m on the Freedom on July 2 in an Inside stateroom and made a few bids. But I haven’t seen any reports that upgrades are actually happening. Just curious. 

I’m also on the July 2nd cruise and have not received a response to my bid either.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sford75 said:

No,  I don't think anyone has seen any accepted offers yet.  Before the shut down most accepted offers came in the last few days before embarkation.  A few more days to go.  Most rejection emails came a day before embarkation.

4 minutes ago, crusnbee said:

Forgive a dumb question. I have only been on a few RC cruises, but have several coming up. Where can I see the opportunity for the Royal Up if I dont get the email?

Generally they come in your email at about the 60 day mark.  However, if you haven't received one by 30 days out you can try here.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

• Like 2

I just received a Royal Up offer for Symphony in August.

Just to be clear... if I successfully receive an upgrade from a balcony to a junior suite, do I get double points for the JS as well as the current double point offer?

9 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I just received a Royal Up offer for Symphony in August.

Just to be clear... if I successfully receive an upgrade from a balcony to a junior suite, do I get double points for the JS as well as the current double point offer?

You will get the double points that you would have gotten for the balcony

Edited by molly361

Does anyone know what happens if the Royal Up is accepted and then the cruise gets canceled what happens to the money that was used for the upgrade? Would it be refunded back to the original payment or a FCC? TIA

Just received one for our 8/22 allure cruise. Since we’re already in a CLS, none of the options was of any interest. What was interesting is that i went out to RCL’s website, and the cruise is unavailable for new bookings. To me that says they’re at capacity limits and are now working on extracting more revenue out of anyone who is already booked.

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Just received one for our 8/22 allure cruise. Since we’re already in a CLS, none of the options was of any interest. What was interesting is that i went out to RCL’s website, and the cruise is unavailable for new bookings. To me that says they’re at capacity limits and are now working on extracting more revenue out of anyone who is already booked.

You are probably correct.  As long as they are limiting capacity it would make sense to try to get as any extra revenue they can.  I am curious to find out down the road if the old fashion upgrade fairy give any out.  They may not happen just to encourage Royal Up bids.     

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

You are probably correct.  As long as they are limiting capacity it would make sense to try to get as any extra revenue they can.  I am curious to find out down the road if the old fashion upgrade fairy give any out.  They may not happen just to encourage Royal Up bids.     

The upgrade fairy was a COVID casualty. She was buried at sea, but there was no ceremony per CDC rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kalousdi said:

Does anyone know what happens if the Royal Up is accepted and then the cruise gets canceled what happens to the money that was used for the upgrade? Would it be refunded back to the original payment or a FCC? TIA

That happened to me when COVID shut everything down.  The upgrade payment was credited back to my credit card.

Just got a Royal Up offer on our August 15 Allure sailing.  My sister and are in a Grand Suite one bedroom and I am going to bid minimum for GS Two Bedroom and Crown Loft Suite.   Will let you know if either bid gets accepted.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lazydayz said:

Just got a Royal Up offer on our August 15 Allure sailing.  My sister and are in a Grand Suite one bedroom and I am going to bid minimum for GS Two Bedroom and Crown Loft Suite.   Will let you know if either bid gets accepted.  

What are the minimum bids for them,?

Just now, molly361 said:

What are the minimum bids for them,?

$250 for GS 2 bedroom

$400 for CLS 

We are currently in GS one bedroom 

Could bid on Royal Loft Suite for $3,500 each - LOL 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I have a feeling that sailing is a booked a bit more, given the holiday.  Definitely could limit upgrades.  

Nope, definitely not because it’s the first sailing. I’m hearing it will go out at 30% capacity