ROYAL UP IS BACK

On 6/28/2021 at 4:03 PM, sford75 said:

Because I was in an inside, the highest category I could bid on was a balcony. honestly, I would have preferred one of the Ultra Spacious Interior or OV over the balcony and even bid more on those. But I have a feeling those staterooms aren't being filled. They were never available to book. 

We have interiors on the Odyssey.  We received the email for bidding up today and it included the options of bidding up to an oceanview and a spacious oceanview, as well as balcony cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Any news???

Yes, it came through today. Balcony bid accepted. So it took 72 hours after I noticed the change to my bids for it all to go through. Very happy with location too, so overall I am very happy

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:24 PM, Ashland said:

It's great when you hear back quickly but at times you may not find out until you get to the terminal.

A nice surprise !!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what happens to your luggage?  I assume they re-route it somewhere and it goes to your new cabin, even with tags for the old cabin on them?  

This is a very enlightening thread -- I've never heard of Royal Up before.  

We have an email saying our documents are ready.  Our cruise is later in the month and we had a guaranteed ocean view.  We bid on the available categories and  the document now shows a spacious ocean view room.  Is that the room that we will have or is there a chance we can still be upgraded to a higher category?  I've checked the credit card and have not seen the upgrade charge.

6 minutes ago, terpshockey77 said:

We have an email saying our documents are ready.  Our cruise is later in the month and we had a guaranteed ocean view.  We bid on the available categories and  the document now shows a spacious ocean view room.  Is that the room that we will have or is there a chance we can still be upgraded to a higher category?  I've checked the credit card and have not seen the upgrade charge.

I would check "Royal Up" to see if my bid was still pending.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terpshockey77 said:

If you were in a guaranteed ocean view, it is possible you were assigned a spacious ocean view as your assignment from the original reservation. Do you have a stateroom # assigned?  If so and it is a spacious ocean view check the Royal Up site and if it still says pending, I would cancel any bids you have open for a Spacious Oceanview or below. 

Just received the Royal Up email today for my 8/29 cruise on Indy out of Galveston.  This whole switching from one ship to another has been a pain in the butt, so I hope that I can upgrade my interior room - which on the Liberty was up at the front of the ship and was thrown all the way to the back on Indy - to a balcony.  After everything I've been reading on here, I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be lucky.  Also, as it's just me in the cabin, I'm having to pay as tho 2 people were in the cabin, that's the only downside.

7 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Received Royal UP today for 09/25 Symphony. Star and Sky class. Would bid on Star loft but one of them overlooks the mini golf and not the ocean; I would be miffed to get that one for the price.

I never bid on Crown Lofts for that same reason.  Would NOT want one overlooking the sports court

• Like 2

Sailing on Anthem of the Seas on Wednesday and had an email a couple of days ago to say my bid from a JS to Grand Loft was accepted. Placed what was said to be a weak bid and was pleasantly surprised they said yes. With the refund of the Deluxe drinks package, Unlimited dining and the prepaid gratuities we already bought f you add in the cost of the Voom we will also get as Star class it only cost £50 more than we paid for the JS and we had discount on that price.

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, HighlandBoy said:

Sailing on Anthem of the Seas on Wednesday and had an email a couple of days ago to say my bid from a JS to Grand Loft was accepted. Placed what was said to be a weak bid and was pleasantly surprised they said yes. With the refund of the Deluxe drinks package, Unlimited dining and the prepaid gratuities we already bought f you add in the cost of the Voom we will also get as Star class it only cost £50 more than we paid for the JS and we had discount on that price.

This happened to us in Allure- even though I didn't bid in a Star class. I bid on an OS from a GS, small bid and ended up with one of those two giant suites. Our bid more than was compensated for with the drinks, dinners, tips, free daily laundry...it was awesome !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighlandBoy said:

That is awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Received Royal UP today for 09/25 Symphony. Star and Sky class. Would bid on Star loft but one of them overlooks the mini golf and not the ocean; I would be miffed to get that one for the price.

What are your base accommodations? GS

Curious what the bid to go from OS to CLS or STAR would be

42 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

What are your base accommodations? GS

Curious what the bid to go from OS to CLS or STAR would be

The minimums are low but the max is crazy- up to 10k/pp

we are in a GS- when we booked in May it was the last suite available.

becareful with CLS- some of the balconies are over the sports court and you don't get to choose or refuse!

095568C7-90F3-43C3-92B2-1C7852F5E490.thumb.jpeg.ffc8a6a0196115f729905a28c825c379.jpeg

0126DCC3-3745-4D3A-99AD-70BD84D815BD.jpeg

CFEC2597-D3F4-46E2-A12F-CB12511F302B.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

The minimums are low but the max is crazy- up to 10k/pp

we are in a GS- when we booked in May it was the last suite available.

becareful with CLS- some of the balconies are over the sports court and you don't get to choose or refuse!

095568C7-90F3-43C3-92B2-1C7852F5E490.thumb.jpeg.ffc8a6a0196115f729905a28c825c379.jpeg

0126DCC3-3745-4D3A-99AD-70BD84D815BD.jpeg

CFEC2597-D3F4-46E2-A12F-CB12511F302B.jpeg

I understand these prices are based on what we paid for our GS so YMMV

• Thanks 1