ROYAL UP IS BACK

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

Just received one for our 8/22 allure cruise. Since we’re already in a CLS, none of the options was of any interest. What was interesting is that i went out to RCL’s website, and the cruise is unavailable for new bookings. To me that says they’re at capacity limits and are now working on extracting more revenue out of anyone who is already booked.

Were there any Star class cabins available to bid?

What was the minimum bid for the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite and the Star class CL?  I’m in a CL this fall and interested to know the minimum bid. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sford75 said:

Nope, definitely not because it’s the first sailing. I’m hearing it will go out at 30% capacity 

Because passengers aren’t wanting to book, or because they are capping it?  I know the AOS sailing that leaves on the 3rd is only booking suites currently

I have never done this before and just saw the email. But is the general idea to bid starting at the ask, 

For example- Royal Loft Suite from $2200 PP. So I can bid from $2200 pp minimum to whatever Max I’m willing to pay? Thanks 

Edit

Also, if your bid is not accepted, your original cabin is still yours right?

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I have never done this before and just saw the email. But is the general idea to bid starting at the ask, 

For example- Royal Loft Suite from $2200 PP. So I can bid from $2200 pp minimum to whatever Max I’m willing to pay? Thanks 

Edit

Also, if your bid is not accepted, your original cabin is still yours right?

Yes -- The minimum bid to whatever your max is.  If they accept, they charge your card, and then email you.  If they don't accept, you stay in your current cabin.  Good luck!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Were there any Star class cabins available to bid?

What was the minimum bid for the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite and the Star class CL?  I’m in a CL this fall and interested to know the minimum bid. 

Yes there were. The two bedroom Aqua had a $500/pp minimum and the Star Loft had a $800/pp minimum

12 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Because passengers aren’t wanting to book, or because they are capping it?  I know the AOS sailing that leaves on the 3rd is only booking suites currently

They are capping capacity. Only insides offered were guarantees. Ocean view, they only had spacious and panoramic as a book able category and then also guarantee and then suites and above. Once they hit the capacity limit they set, they pulled it from inventory. I know people who wanted to book but hesitated and now can’t. 

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes there were. The two bedroom Aqua had a $500/pp minimum and the Star Loft had a $800/pp minimum

Thanks. I would definitely bid the minimum on those 2 for Star class. I have no problem giving up a CL on 17 to going to deck 9 or 10 to be in Star class. Minimum doesn’t usually get it, but you never know. 
So far, both of these are still available on my cruise in September. 

So we are a family group with 5 cabins. I am not sure why, but 4 of us received Royal up offers. The family that did not is the second highest in previous RCCL cruises, are 3rd alphabetically. They have the same number of family members as 2 other cabins. Since they did not get an emailed offer we tried entering their reservation number which comes back with "you are more than 30 days out". (true). But now I am really wondering how they choose who to offer Royal up to???

8 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yes -- The minimum bid to whatever your max is.  If they accept, they charge your card, and then email you.  If they don't accept, you stay in your current cabin.  Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

I believe we are continuing to hit the cruise change lottery!  We moved from a 8 day Brilliance, to Independence, to Odyssey.  Now we have the 'inaugural' cruise on the Odyssey on July 31st due to the other cancellations.  To top it off, the Royal Up email gave us an opportunity to bid on several suites - with the move to Jr Suite for a max bid of $220 / pp from a Balcony.  

I will take that bargain! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, daninwi said:

I believe we are continuing to hit the cruise change lottery!  We moved from a 8 day Brilliance, to Independence, to Odyssey.  Now we have the 'inaugural' cruise on the Odyssey on July 31st due to the other cancellations.  To top it off, the Royal Up email gave us an opportunity to bid on several suites - with the move to Jr Suite for a max bid of $220 / pp from a Balcony.  

Now that is a bargain! Good luck.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Thanks. I would definitely bid the minimum on those 2 for Star class. I have no problem giving up a CL on 17 to going to deck 9 or 10 to be in Star class. Minimum doesn’t usually get it, but you never know. 
So far, both of these are still available on my cruise in September. 

I thought about it, but the added amenities are really not worth even the minimum bid amount.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daninwi said:

To top it off, the Royal Up email gave us an opportunity to bid on several suites - with the move to Jr Suite for a max bid of $220 / pp from a Balcony.  

Just curious why you consider this to be a bargain.

You already have a balcony.  As I see it, you are gaining a few extra square feet and a bathtub for $440.  In addition, no extra points for the JS.  

I don't see a bargain.  What am I missing?

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Just curious why you consider this to be a bargain.

You already have a balcony.  As I see it, you are gaining a few extra square feet and a bathtub for $440.  In addition, no extra points for the JS.  

For us, the, the extra space, additional storage, and bigger bathroom will be welcome - as there are three of us.  I've thought we had received a pretty good deal on our original sailing on the Brilliance and that carried over to the Independence and the now the Odyssey.  Going rates for balcony cabins are well above what we put in for our 1k on the Brilliance.  Adding the extra $440 to what we committed is still below spacious ocean views on most of the sailings I scanned.   In our eyes, expectations and budget we see it as a value.  

• Like 3

To all the Newbies bidding. Be careful not to bid more than what it cost if you just upgraded.  In 2019 I was receiving Royal up offers. The starting bids were more than what I would have paid if I had upgraded to that category from the start.  Call Royal or your TA and see what the price would be to upgrade before you start bidding.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

In normal times, the avg price to move from an OV to a JS would be more than that, so it is a "bargain". Whether the extra space and Sea Suite perks are worth it, is another story.

We have bid on upgrades before the pandemic, but have two basic criteria:

1) The added cost of the bid has to be less than what we would have spent to acquire the same cabin/perks/amenities had we purchased them ourselves, and

2) We only bid if we are already booked in a JS as a minimum.