Grand Cayman Closed?

shipstud

Looks like GC is closed to cruise ships. 

Has anyone heard or have any ideas what port will be substituted if any? We're scheduled on the Vista  Aug 7th from Galveston.

Was looking forward to the stingrays again.

Oh well another sea day would be fine with me or any other stop really,   just happy to be cruising again.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Edited by shipstud
  • Like 2

On July Vista sailings, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay were subbed out and replaced with Mahogany Bay (Roatan) and Belize.  I assume the same will be true of Vista sailings for August and beyond, but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

I am hoping that they announce port changes sooner rather than later.  Was flying to Miami to jump on Horizon just to do some different ports (Jamaica and GC) but could much more easily drive to Galveston and hop on Vista if I am going to end up going to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.  Done those ports numerous times with NCL and was wanting to go somewhere different

Just asked my travel partner.  If he wanted to do the same itinerary for the 2 weeks on Vista or change everything to the MG out of Canaveral.   I was excited to maybe get on Mardi Gras. 

His response:     No!  

My response:   Are you serious?

oh well.

Edited by shipstud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, shipstud said:

Looks like GC is closed to cruise ships. 

Has anyone heard or have any ideas what port will be substituted if any? We're scheduled on the Vista  Aug 7th from Galveston.

Was looking forward to the stingrays again.

Oh well another sea day would be fine with me or any other stop really,   just happy to be cruising again.

Just wondering if you've looked at your itinerary in cruise manager? Mine isn't until Sept but it's your same itinerary. Last night I noticed Cozumel is gone 🤔

Screenshot_20210610-211756_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, shipstud said:

Just asked my travel partner.  If he wanted to do the same itinerary for the 2 weeks on Vista or change everything to the MG out of Canaveral.   I was excited to maybe get on Mardi Gras. 

His response:     No!  

My response:   Are you serious?

oh well.

Lol I would be are you crazy too. Fly from Galveston to miami just in Hope's of a different port during cdc cso. I just want to get on a cruise and with florida acting crazy about checking vaccines. Nope nope nope. And mardi gras has been sold out anyway, though at 50% capacity perhaps.

I'm in the just get cruises restarted, quit stressing over ports until they resume smoothly. Grand Cayman has more money than other ports, they wouldnt rush to reopen and accommodate us. 

Going to be a lot of ships to roatan and Belize and cozumel once we restart. Uggh. Crowded. Guess where I'm going ..oh you guessed..

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 8:13 AM, babygrljaz said:

Just wondering if you've looked at your itinerary in cruise manager? Mine isn't until Sept but it's your same itinerary. Last night I noticed Cozumel is gone 🤔

Screenshot_20210610-211756_Chrome.jpg

Did you click on View Full Calendar? It should show Cozumel then.

3 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

I read that no cruise ships to GC through 2021 however my November cruise still has it listed for ever that’s worth 

It's still in my cruise planner, and we depart on the Vista Aug, 7. I would have thought it would be gone by now, but it's not. :classic_unsure:

1 hour ago, Cruise Related said:

My July 18th Horizon cruise originally had Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. It was just changed this past Friday to, Amber Cove, Halfmoon Cay, and Bimini 

Interesting, every port changed. And who knows what the final ports will be.

2 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

My July 18th Horizon cruise originally had Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, and Cozumel. It was just changed this past Friday to, Amber Cove, Halfmoon Cay, and Bimini 

Bimini? No one has visited there since Adam Clayton Powell  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Love being Mimi said:

I'm doing a B2B.  When do they tell you?  I hope this doesn't mean I'm going the same places both times

Staying on board the ship while others are out exploring the port can be the best time of your cruise if you give it a chance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

I would take that change in a heartbeat.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Staying on board the ship while others are out exploring the port can be the best time of your cruise if you give it a chance. 

Now I see Amber Cove, Halfmoon Cay and Bimini.  Never been, now I need to find out what to do.  But I do like just being on the ship.  It would be quite and I could just read a book and relax

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Love being Mimi said:

Now I see Amber Cove, Halfmoon Cay and Bimini.  Never been, now I need to find out what to do.  But I do like just being on the ship.  It would be quite and I could just read a book and relax

Are you looking at your Cruise Planner?  My itinerary still says the original GC, Ocho Rios and Cozumel.

I'm happy with the new ports as we're also doing B2B on Aug 7th. 

The new ports to see is fine with me!

On 6/11/2021 at 4:15 AM, shipstud said:

Thanks Blue,

Was hoping for a different answer as we are on the Aug 7 sailing and stopping at both Mahogany Bay and Belize....

Oh well...we're still on a ship!!

Thanks again!

On 6/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

On July Vista sailings, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay were subbed out and replaced with Mahogany Bay (Roatan) and Belize.  I assume the same will be true of Vista sailings for August and beyond, but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

They are adding Belize to itineraries?? According to the Belize travel site, it's still closed to sea travel. 

Travel Restrictions Travel to Belize is by air only. All land borders and sea ports remain closed to inbound tourism. The Philip Goldson International airport (BZE) is now open and limited flights to Belize are now available from the United States.

2 minutes ago, furf_n_slo said:

They are adding Belize to itineraries?? According to the Belize travel site, it's still closed to sea travel. 

Travel Restrictions Travel to Belize is by air only. All land borders and sea ports remain closed to inbound tourism. The Philip Goldson International airport (BZE) is now open and limited flights to Belize are now available from the United States.

They did add Belize, not only to itineraries for July, but also for August.  I assume Carnival has approval for this, but of course things can change quickly.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25253-carnival-cruise-line-ramps-up-sail-date-updates-by-ship.html

This has the Horizon sailing July 4th out of Miami and visiting Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  I guess it will be interesting to see what happens.

This has already been changed to Bimini, Amber Cove and Half Moon Cay.