New CrewCall unveiled by Princess - Royal to follow?

The new CrewCall that allows you to call a crew member from anywhere on the ship, sounds great to me. 

"The new on-demand service allows guests to call a crew member to their exact location to make an in-person request for assistance. 

CrewCall service on demand is available on stateroom TVs as well as the MedallionClass app and leverages the innovative OceanMedallion wearable to guide a crew member to a guest’s exact location to be of service to the guest."

“Every minute a guest has to stand in line to wait for service or to have a simple question answered diminishes the value of their vacation,” said John Padgett, chief experience and innovation officer, Carnival Corporation. “OceanNow with CrewCall really delivers on the MedallionClass ‘service now’ philosophy and maximizes the vacation value for all Princess guests by responding in the moment to their wants, needs, and desires without any inconvenience.”

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25199-princess-cruises-unveils-new-on-demand-feature-crewcall.html

Edited by livingonthebeach

I can just see people abusing this calling for everything. Im.at the pool and I want someone to bring me a drink NOW!  Yep, those poor workers are going to get abused by demanding people. I hope they have some sort of limits on this.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I can just see people abusing this calling for everything. Im.at the pool and I want someone to bring me a drink NOW!  Yep, those poor workers are going to get abused by demanding people. I hope they have some sort of limits on this.

I've always found leaving a note on my pillow with requests works perfectly fine.  There is very little, if anything ,I can think of that I ever need immediately.

Not to mention — last time I sailed Princess, you couldn’t even get anyone to answer the room service line, ever.  And I was in an OS.  They should hire more people for that first.  And can you imagine how many staff members they would need to effectively provide this service?  Where will they bunk them all?  And how much $ will need to be added to the cruise cost?

I'm not sure as I've never been on a Princeess cruise. But in today's world, the implementation of something of this nature has most likely went up & down the flagpole of multiple boardroom discussions along with many dollars spent to do studies on its feasibility & merit. Perhaps this has been established as a need due a history to average to below service in the past. Who knows really. Or perhaps it's a forward thinking innovative model for service on a cruise ship as we all live in a world full of Siri, Alexa, & Google.