Freedom of the Seas July sailings Healthy Sail Requirements.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

I think they will "tag" people's cruise card for verification purposes and access to designated venues, but the cruise card does nothing to help monitor mask wearing generally on the ship.  There has to be an identifier of some sort for crew to be able to monitor compliance.

The Points Guy has an article up . Vax get a wristband. Non vax get a hole punched in sea pass . Must show upon entering restaurants, shows. Separate dining rooms for unvaxxed. No My Time dining for non vax. And so on

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Perhaps they can stamp the foreheads of all non-vaccinated people with a none-washable mark so that crew and also the rest of the passengers who are vaccinated know who isn't vaccinated.  

DON

Vaxed passengers will get a wriatband

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

My problem is a bit different.  I have 4 cabins booked on Anthem's Easter sailing and if these are the requirements, I'm planning on cancelling.  I have a granddaughters aged 7-15 at sail time and I'm not going to force them to take the jab.  These protocols do not make for a pleasant family vacation. 

I expect RCL to fully refund the cruise fare in it's entirety, including any FCCs used towards the fare.  I'm also expecting full refunds of any FCCs balances due because based on these conditions will not be able to utilize.

Note:  All adults are vaxxed.

Anthem will be sailing with fully vaccinated guests. The vaccine will very likely be available for all ages by Easter 2022. These new protocols are only for Freedom sailing from Florida. 

No need to cancel your Anthem cruise. We're sailing from Bayonne in February I'll save you some pumpkin seed rolls. 

Jonathan

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well so at least for dining there in essence will be three separate dining scenarios. I could see them doing it for theater shows too, a showing for only vaccinated, a showing for vaccinated adults to enjoy with unvaccinated children, and a free-for-all open show for anyone.

They will likely make all the bars and adult venues vaccine only too.

Most ships have 2 level dining rooms, would easy enough to put the unvaccinated on one level and vaxxed on the other level.

16 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Anthem will be sailing with fully vaccinated guests. The vaccine will very likely be available for all ages by Easter 2022. These new protocols are only for Freedom sailing from Florida. 

No need to cancel your Anthem cruise. We're sailing from Bayonne in February I'll save you some pumpkin seed rolls. 

Jonathan

Really, golly gee and thanks for pointing this out to me and I thought this was an AOS sail topic. 

You are a mind reader that you are so sure that only vaxxed passengers will be permitted to sail from Bayonne.  I will let you know how it goes and protocols when and if I sail on the Oasis Sept. 5th sail.

Edited by nelblu

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Even the NY Times says covid isn't a big deal for kids.  Hopefully RC comes around to this too

Thanks smokeybandit, but I think Royal will be getting their medical guidance from actual experts in the field, not from an opinion columnist from any newspaper (including the NY Times!) who sends out weekly  "newsletters" to parents and links to other opinion pieces and Wired Magazine. 🙄

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Really, golly gee and thanks for pointing this out to me and I thought this was an AOS sail topic. 

You are a mind reader that you are so sure that only vaxxed passengers will be permitted to sail from Bayonne.  I will let you know how it goes and protocols when and if I sail on the Oasis Sept. 5th sail.

This was posted on RCCL CEO Michael Bayley's FB page a few days ago. 

"For guests sailing on Adventure from the Bahamas. Anthem from Southampton. Jewel from Cyprus, Serenade from Seattle. Ovation from Seattle. Independence from Galveston. Harmony from Barcelona and hopefully Oasis from Bayonne all will sail with the requirement for fully vaccinated guests with the exception of any kids who are not age eligible for vaccines. (12 and up in the USA after August 1st). Kids will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges for any testing etc for the kids."

Happy cruising Neblu.

Jonathan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

"For guests sailing on Adventure from the Bahamas. Anthem from Southampton. Jewel from Cyprus, Serenade from Seattle. Ovation from Seattle. Independence from Galveston. Harmony from Barcelona and hopefully Oasis from Bayonne all will sail with the requirement for fully vaccinated guests with the exception of any kids who are not age eligible for vaccines. (12 and up in the USA after August 1st). Kids will be required to be tested and subject to health protocols and there will be no additional charges for any testing etc for the kids."

Happy cruising Neblu.

Jonathan

delete

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Happy cruising Neblu.

Jonathan

Am I missing something. I don't see anything pointing out fully vaxxed Anthem's April 2022 sails.  If he came out and spelled it out, I would have the easy way out and cancel and ask for a refund.

By the way, I'm partial to those delicious small bites breads when they were passed out in the bread baskets.

13 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Am I missing something. I don't see anything pointing out fully vaxxed Anthem's April 2022 sails.  If he came out and spelled it out, I would have the easy way out and cancel and ask for a refund.

By the way, I'm partial to those delicious small bites breads when they were passed out in the bread baskets.

It's pretty clear when Bayley mentions "Oasis sailing from Bayonne" that other ships like Anthem will also feature these same vaccine protocols. 

I will save you some oatmeal cookies. 

Jonathan

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That didn't last long did it before changed yet again. Foot in Mouth !!

This is on the Royal caribbean site when you try to book a cruise from Barcelona on Harmony of the Seas 

VACCINE REQUIREMENT
This sailing requires proof of a COVID-19 vaccination for guests age 18 and older. Unvaccinated guests under the age of 18 must provide a negative test result.

"

Perhaps the vaccine isn't yet available for kids 16 and up in Spain. 

Jonathan

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

You will not see this vaccine in the USA, anytime soon.  There is no longer a threat robust enough to allow for another EUA candidate.  Coronavax will need to go through to full approval.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Maybe RCL should have the cojones to come out and say only vaccinated people and refund all monies to those people with outstanding reservations.   The waiting for their intentions and plans is excruciating, 

I've got 4 cabins booked on Anthem for Easter 2022  and would like some resolutions and the refunds, so that I can plan a land vacation.

I'm not going to subject me or my family to second class treatment.

I don't blame you for that. But if we're still wearing masks on a ship in April 22, RCG is going to be in serious serious troubles.  Vaxers were happy that Non-vaxers had to mask up... now they're happy because the non-vaxers MIGHT have to mask up more than they do. As a result fewer people will be on those ships. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You will not see this vaccine in the USA, anytime soon.  There is no longer a threat robust enough to allow for another EUA candidate.  Coronavax will need to go through to full approval.

Estimated timeframe is the latter part of this year.

8 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

It's pretty clear when Bayley mentions "Oasis sailing from Bayonne" that other ships like Anthem will also feature these same vaccine protocols. 

I will save you some oatmeal cookies. 

Jonathan

As Seinfeld's Soup *** would say "No cookies for you."   They will be gone after my Oasis sail.  You can have the leftover "Ranger cookies."😂

By the way, I don't think the same protocols will be in place 10 months from now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

ONLY for an EUA submission, which would be denied

If you are so sure, why are the Feds and the soon to be divorced Gates foundation backing this venture.  

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

If you are so sure, why are the Feds and the soon to be divorced Gates foundation backing this venture.  

Not sure about the feds, the Gates foundation may be funding it for use in underdeveloped nations.  Could also be that the Gates' had to much invested in it, they couldn't afford to pullout when they realized it was late to market.  We are disposing of expired vaccine in this country, and regularly shipping excess to other nations; there is ZERO chance that the USFDA grant another EUA.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not sure about the feds, the Gates foundation may be funding it for use in underdeveloped nations.  Could also be that the Gates' had to much invested in it, they couldn't afford to pullout when they realized it was late to market.  We are disposing of expired vaccine in this country, and regularly shipping excess to other nations; there is ZERO chance that the USFDA grant another EUA.

We'll see.