most traveled luncheon

CruzinNoony

On 6/21/2021 at 1:24 PM, srpilo said:

Hope so , my DW and I aren't particularly fond of the cocktail parties, and when possibly prefer the luncheons

I totally agree with you. I did not like the cocktail party much. The Luncheon was awesome.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

5 hours ago, caribill said:

With a great many in the revamped tiers posting how unhappy they are that benefits that originally had no longer exist at their revamped level.

Do you have information regarding new loyalty levels, how you move from one level to the next and their benefits? 

When I first  discovered there was even a MT party of some sorts, I had no idea what it was. A friend with 0ver 700 days had made it. I thought that was a huge amount of days traveled and she was in the top 3. That was in 2010. As the years progressed, all those people that  had close to 1000 days kept traveling too. The number rose to mid 1500's and up in some cases. For us, we will never catch up to those people in our lifetime cruising.Once when I had about 300 days I stood in line waiting to speak to the Circle Hostess. I made the most traveled on a Alaska cruise so I thought this one week Caribbean cruise, maybe I made it too. Person in front of me asked how many days I had and he told me he had close to 1900 days. I got off the line . I usually make it on all but transatlantics.  No big deal if I do or don't. I love cruising and we aren't competing with anyone.

• Like 2

I made it for the first and only time on my b2b Alaskan cruises two years ago. On the northbound cruise, they held the luncheon. On the southbound one, the cocktail party. The Captains Circle hostess said it was because there were so many of us doing b2b cruises and they knew that some preferred one event over the other. I enjoyed both. I had under 200 days at the time. On our transatlantic that fall, there were nearly a thousand Elites, and it took 640 days to make the top 40. On my Panama Canal cruise that December, it was 276 days.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

Been a few times.  Better chance if you by chance are on a non unique voyage. For example, LA to Buenos Aires….poor chance.  One of dozens of annual Seattle to Alaska round trips…good chance. 

The Caribbean cruises are another example where you stand a decent chance of an invite.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The Caribbean cruises are another example where you stand a decent chance of an invite.

Just before the shutdown we were on 3 10 dayers b2b2b in the Caribbean. Invited each time. All were cocktail events.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Just before the shutdown we were on 3 10 dayers b2b2b in the Caribbean. Invited each time. All were cocktail events.

We were on 3- 7 day trips B2B2b around the same time on the Regal & they had luncheons.

It all depends on what the captain likes, I've been told.