most traveled luncheon

CruzinNoony

I would expect them to continue because it’s much easier to safely manage than other types of dining. Only had one lunch & others were cocktail parties but the more I cruise the further away I get from another MTP event. ☺️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had a great luncheon on our last cruise before the pandemic closed down our trip, the luncheon which was on March 15 or 16th on the Coral in 2020. Seems like a lot longer ago than just 18 months, but the food was great and the staff member we had was fun. He just would not tell us what was going on, and the Captain decided to skip the lunch after meeting all of us. We knew something big was going on and we sure were right. But, the food and gathering was fun all the same.

42 minutes ago, srpilo said:

Hope so , my DW and I aren't particularly fond of the cocktail parties, and when possibly prefer the luncheons

We had one cocktail party that was memorable. While at Hubbard Glacier the captain hosted a party on the bridge. That was awesome and a long time ago

2 hours ago, srpilo said:

Hope so , my DW and I aren't particularly fond of the cocktail parties, and when possibly prefer the luncheons

We attended an excellent cocktail party on the Pacific Princess. Thanks for the memories!

I hope they keep up with the 500+day and 750+ day celebration also. We were suppose to celebrate on our last cruise, but as the cruise was cut short by a week we missed out. Since this was due to the pandemic and not us leaving the cruise early I hope we can celebrate on our May 2022 cruise.

My last cruise 01/20 we had  cocktail party instead of luncheon. Still very nice with outstanding food.It was a one week cruise and that is more likely to have the cocktail party than luncheon.

In Nov 2019 they did Luncheon on the Sky Princess . We were on for 28 days. Technically 3 cruises and they had luncheons for all of them. Unfortunately with us having over 750 days we didn't make the cut. Lots of very welled  traveled cruisers on that one. It was also our 750 days celebration and we got to have breakfast in Sabatinis every morning. Only went there about half the time.

I think when cruising begins, things will be different for a while to avoid crowds. Who know what.

Edited by san diego sue
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

If I remember correctly was the MTP event for the top 20 most traveled?

Top 40. Maybe you are thinking about 20 couples, but it is really the top 40 most travelled passengers, measured in days on board. Every day counts as one. No extra credit for full suites, single in a cabin.

3 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Unfortunately with us having over 750 days we didn't make the cut.

In Colo Cruiser’s live from that Sky cruise he posted the numbers…over 40% were at the Elite level. Never thought I’d be on a cruise with more Elites than on our Royal’s inaugural TA in 2013.

AF3303ED-4673-4071-999E-84FB65FAE3FE.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, memoak said:

We had one cocktail party that was memorable. While at Hubbard Glacier the captain hosted a party on the bridge. That was awesome and a long time ago

We did that one year also...it was awesome....I'm going back over my pictures to see when it was.

1 hour ago, andio2of5 said:

We did that one year also...it was awesome....I'm going back over my pictures to see when it was.

It was on the Diamond Princess Aug, 2008 when Capt Nick Bates hosted the Most Travelled for a cocktail Party on the bridge. Wonderful experience.

Last January 2020, I was on Royal Princess and had the pleasure of sailing again with Captain Nick Nash. He shared he prefers the cocktail parties because he gets the opportunity to personally interact with everyone not just those who would have been seated at his luncheon table. I noticed his senior officers also mingled more and tried to interact with as many in the time allotted, assumed the Captain encouraged this.

These cocktail parties are not the norm as usually you only have time to interact with 1 or 2 officers and lucky if the Captain acknowledges you unless you are #1.

14 hours ago, Shaver John said:

We had a great luncheon on our last cruise before the pandemic closed down our trip, the luncheon which was on March 15 or 16th on the Coral in 2020. Seems like a lot longer ago than just 18 months, but the food was great and the staff member we had was fun. He just would not tell us what was going on, and the Captain decided to skip the lunch after meeting all of us. We knew something big was going on and we sure were right. But, the food and gathering was fun all the same.

Yes, we were at that luncheon. Overall, things were very weird. In hindsight for us, Princess did a fantastic job. This was a once in a hundred year event, no previous rules or playbook to go by. Fortunately for us we can look back at it as an adventure and can't wait to cruise again with Princess.

Since people haven't cruised in such a long time I really wonder what the cutoff numbers will look like when people begin cruising once again.

We're a little hesitant to rush back to soon. 

17 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

In Colo Cruiser’s live from that Sky cruise he posted the numbers…over 40% were at the Elite level. Never thought I’d be on a cruise with more Elites than on our Royal’s inaugural TA in 2013.

AF3303ED-4673-4071-999E-84FB65FAE3FE.png

1572 Elites onboard!  Another example of why the tiers need to be re-vamped...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

1572 Elites onboard!  Another example of why the tiers need to be re-vamped...

With a great many in the revamped tiers posting how unhappy they are that benefits that originally had no longer exist at their revamped level.