New Drinks Menus and Prices

Cathygh

51 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I would be surprised if Arcadia went before Aurora as she is younger with a lot more balcony cabins.

Quite, and Aurora was already out of date when she launched, with most ships debuting around the end of the century having a majority of balcony cabins.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Quite, and Aurora was already out of date when she launched, with most ships debuting around the end of the century having a majority of balcony cabins.

Hasn't done her much harm though. At least she looks like a ship (where's my tin hat?...😄).

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Hasn't done her much harm though. At least she looks like a ship (where's my tin hat?...😄).

Wouldn't disagree. 

However, once you get above, say 3000 pax, how many cruise ships don't look like a block of flats? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I think Voyager and Freedom class are very good looking cruise liners.

I certainly agree that the RCL ships generally have better lines than most others. They still look like a block of flats on water though...(imho) 😄

On 6/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, rattla said:

Maybe someone will post the drinks menus from Brittania and get it back on track. 😁. From what if seen a lot of cocktails have now gone up over £6.95 so makes the drinks package pointless if you like cocktails.

25722618-469A-47AF-8B5D-F9E5666ED82B.png

What about the ice wine, how much is that now 😞

On 6/27/2021 at 3:42 PM, rattla said:

Maybe someone will post the drinks menus from Brittania and get it back on track. 😁. From what if seen a lot of cocktails have now gone up over £6.95 so makes the drinks package pointless if you like cocktails.

25722618-469A-47AF-8B5D-F9E5666ED82B.png

I see no Patron Paloma 😩

The ice wine is one of the offerings in the Glass House, or it used to be, expensive but nice.

Hopefully we will get enough drinks menus and prices in the next few weeks so I can decide if the drinks package is worth it for my August cruise.

Edited by davecttr

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The ice wine is one of the offerings in the Glass House, or it used to be, expensive but nice.

Hopefully we will get enough drinks menus and prices in the next few weeks so I can decide if the drinks package is worth it for my August cruise.

Indeed, and it was available on the drinks package, wonder if it is above the price threshold now though.  Lovely drop of fizz, and preferable (to my tastebuds anyway) to the usual names in champagne.  

Edited by davemorton

6 hours ago, davemorton said:

Indeed, and it was available on the drinks package, wonder if it is above the price threshold now though.  Lovely drop of fizz, and preferable (to my tastebuds anyway) to the usual names in champagne.  

I don’t think the Peller Ice Cuvee will be under £6.95 It was £6.95 for 125ml last time we were onboard:( 

• Like 1

Peroni was offered on tap in Sindu,  and there was a tap for it at the Serenity Bar.  

I don’t seem to have saved a PDF of The Glass House Menu, probably because this cruise I stuck to the Peller Iced Cuvee, as the weather was so good we weren’t inside during the day. 
Peller was £6.95 or £36.95 per bottle.

the rose version £7.45. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

The menu available throughout the ship.A drop to drink.pdf

Thanks for that.

Being mainly a beer and wine drinker, at first glance it looks to me as if the wine prices have increased by about £1 for a large glass, compared to February 2020, or am I being unrealistic with regards to historic pricing?  The house wine,  for example, has increased by £1.05 for a large glass,  compared to the prices shown on the "Yummy Mummy" list.  https://www.cruisemummy.co.uk/po-cruises-drinks-menus-2019/

Edited by wowzz

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for that.

Being mainly a beer and wine drinker, at first glance it looks to me as if the wine prices have increased by about £1 for a large glass, compared to February 2020, or am I being unrealistic with regards to historic pricing?  

You are right, I wish I had The Glass House Menu, a large Miravel Rose was just shy of £10 in September 2019.  I’m sure it was about £11 this cruise.  
there is no signing or receipts so can’t go and check individual prices. 

Just to add, there were No QR codes to download menus,  all menus are allegedly single use, not sure how I feel about this.

The menus are nicely printed, on good quality cardstock. Only given on request, it felt “normal” to hold a good quality menu.  Once used I was told the corners are torn off and the menu destroyed.  

Once we realised this my DH just scanned into notes so we had a version on our phone.

• Like 1