Aft Cabins.

chromered7

3 hours ago, Oville said:

Do any Celebrity ships have forward facing cabins with verandas?

The 4 FV cabins deck 7 and 8 on S class have a balcony on the side.  I think I read that these cabins have been redesignated as suites.

4 hours ago, Oville said:

Do any Celebrity ships have forward facing cabins with verandas?

2 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

The 4 FV cabins deck 7 and 8 on S class have a balcony on the side.  I think I read that these cabins have been redesignated as suites.

Yes, there are 4 FV cabins on Solstice class which have windows facing forward and a balcony facing the side.  Not all of them have been converted to Sunset Suites.  Equinox's FVs were not converted during her Revolution drydock and we have one booked for Dec 2022.

Advantages: You get to count the waves

You will travel a long was to the elevators (good before dinner and the show)

You will see whales and Porpoises easier if someone calls out there she blows!

The sunsets are fantastic and the wife gets ready for dinner.

Some of the ships have a cover balcony as well as sunshine.

Some Balconies are bigger than the average Balcony's.

Saying good bye to cites are easier.

Drinking your favorite spirit and count the waves!

Cons:            I did not know the hallways were so long.

They sell fast!

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0301.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Just to say that in these cabins you can hear the noise as the ship drops anchor / ropes when it arrives in port which can be early in the morning.

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you, not my favorite spot but glad for those who enjoy being all the way to the front.

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yes, there are 4 FV cabins on Solstice class which have windows facing forward and a balcony facing the side.  Not all of them have been converted to Sunset Suites.  Equinox's FVs were not converted during her Revolution drydock and we have one booked for Dec 2022.

Thank you also.

We have done after balconies three times. First was on a Mexican Riviera cruise and we loved it. The next two were on a B2B in the Caribbean, in July. Both parts were center apt and had huge balconies. We were able to have eight people on the balcony comfortably.

did not enjoy these acts as much. Temperature was in the low 80s as was the humidity. Not sure if it was because we are from California, but the combination of the above made the balcony very uncomfortable even when the ship was moving at 20 knots. Because it was a center after we got no wind at all. I could only tolerate about 30 minutes, but DW tapped it out for about an hour each time before we had to go in and cool off and shower.

we will do out again in January, again Mexican Riviera, but will not do it Midsummer in Caribbean anymore.

We absolutely LOVE aft views. Our favorite cabin ever was on constellation, an aft Aqua cabin just above the bar and buffet area. M class has a convenient elevator in the aft area, also there was a stairway just outside our door to go up or down one deck. They are very hard to get though….

Our very best aft balcony always actually on Carnival. Went with kids prior to grandkids coming so it’s been a few years. It was a corner aft suite with wrap around balcony. Had side balcony and aft balcony all connected. Could easily put half a dozen loungers out there. Great balcony and great time. Of course now we have grandkids to travel with us and it would be even better 😎

We had them a couple of times years ago, and I agree with the roomier aspect and the tranquility of gazing at the wake. Wonderful spot to read on a transatlantic. Definitely worth trying to see if you like it.

Negatives for me:

1. I like to be more forward on a side of the ship to see what’s happening as we enter/leave a port, watch handling of the lines, late-running people, and “goodbye shows” in some places like Guatemala where there are dancers and tour buses flash their lights to the music (IF we are on the side of the ship above the gangway).

2. Not everyone’s concern, of course, but I have a service dog and the relief station is usually far forward on the promenade deck, so I like to be near a forward elevator. Lots of trips there early a.m., late evening, and in between.

We had an aft balcony room several years ago and loved it.  We have one booked for our January Silhouette cruise and I’m so looking forward to it.  I love being able to see both sides and where we’ve been, the room is quieter as there isn’t the foot traffic like other staterooms.  I’m hoping the balcony has a lounger, if not I hope I can tip my room steward to bring one.  Love having room service breakfast on the balcony, and being mesmerized by the ship’s wake❤️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justcrusn said:

We absolutely LOVE aft views. Our favorite cabin ever was on constellation, an aft Aqua cabin just above the bar and buffet area. M class has a convenient elevator in the aft area, also there was a stairway just outside our door to go up or down one deck. They are very hard to get though….

Agree! We have been lucky to get some of these aft cabins. And some times base my cruise on when I can get an aft cabin.

We've sailed in SV staterooms on M and S class,  These balconies are special , they are deeper, the view is wonderful. When we have one, I find myself spending more balcony time then when in a "regular" balcony so  I will only spring for an SV or a hump balcony ( S class) or we just get an inside stateroom. 

The downside of aft balconies for us.... the long walk feels unending when heading back to the stateroom after a day and/or night of drinking. That's when we want to stagger out of the elevator and be right at our door 😁

We've had one Sunset Veranda on the Reflection.  While we enjoyed the room and the view was awesome, it's not something we would pay more than a couple hundred $$ more for unless it was on an Edge class.  We're not fans of the Infinite Verandas at all.