Majestic in San Pedro and taking on crew!

1emerald1

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

Having been on two Royal Class ships..Royal and Majestic, they are not to my liking, no walk around prom deck, too many shops, too vast, too many pax. I like the Grand Class ships, but Coral is my favourite, did Inside Passage and Panama Canal on her, ideal size.

Love Coral but don't care for the design of the Atrium. When there is any entertainment or function the people you are trying to see are up on the middle part and it's just very awkward to try to see what's going on. We do have a favorite cabin on Coral that we've booked twice. Not what some folks want but, for us, it's really a great location.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, that said:

Thrak, may I ask, why do you prefer the Coral over the Sapphire?

If I said all the reasons I'd give away some of my secret spots, but in general I like the overall layout better and a true promenade is also important to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, that said:

Thrak, may I ask

why do you prefer the Coral over the Sapphire?

TIP:  Type the "@" symbol, followed by the CC Handle and then click on the Handle when you see it in the drop-down list so that the person you are tagging gets an alert that they have a message.  Make sure you mouse-click on the Handle and don't just type the letters.

Like this:  @Thrak

Another way is to Reply to their post and they also get tagged (just as I did for you).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, that said:

Thrak, may I ask

why do you prefer the Coral over the Sapphire?

I don't recall ever saying I prefer Coral over Sapphire. I said I love Coral but don't care for the design of the atrium. We sailed 12 days on Sapphire to Norway out of Southampton. We were booked for 33 days on Sapphire last year for a B2B2B that was cancelled. We are booked for 26 days B2B2B on Sapphire for next January - which is certain to be cancelled as well. We are booked for 12 days to Alaska on Sapphire next May.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Love Coral but don't care for the design of the Atrium. When there is any entertainment or function the people you are trying to see are up on the middle part and it's just very awkward to try to see what's going on. We do have a favorite cabin on Coral that we've booked twice. Not what some folks want but, for us, it's really a great location.

Love  Coral I can still get in and out of the pool 🙂Instead of those darn ladders ! Hubby also he has lost most of the padding on the bottom of his feet ouch! Never booked a cabin on that ship I did not love! Usually midship balcony!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hobbes67 said:

Sorry, I thought it was San Pedro which is what one of the post showed in the attachment.  

Majestic was docked in SP for a few days to bring crew onboard. Previously when departing LA the ship would anchor in La Paz or drift in international waters. This is the first time I’ve seen the ship anchored off LB.

16 hours ago, avalong said:

Yes, we live in Long Beach and my husband saw it on his bike ride this morning. His comment upon returning home from his ride: "There's a HUGE Princess ship anchored out there!" 

We have a place on Signal Hill, it was a shock when the marine layer burned off and there she was. I saw her sail out yesterday for a few hours and come back to same anchorage. Marine layer just about burned off and she's still here.

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Yehootupic? I board in 7 weeks. Excited 

ABC7 has a live Long Beach weather camera which currently due to the fog it’s difficult to clearly see the ships.

https://abc7.com/weather/cams/long-beach/

I can see the Carnival Panorama docked at their cruise terminal next to the Queen Mary and based on MarineTraffic that appears to be the Majestic anchored in the harbor. Hopefully as the fog lifts you’ll get a clearer live image.

C977223B-CE98-4D2D-B26D-17CAD7106264.jpeg

• Like 2