Majestic in San Pedro and taking on crew!

1emerald1

Just saw an instagram post from an officer on the Majestic, saying they are in port for the next 4 days taking on 1,400 crew members who will then start their quarantine.  And, the livestream port web is working right now!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

That should be the balance of the crew!! Are they getting J&J or 2nd Pfizer? Done in 2 weeks? 

I know crew on the regal have been getting Pfizer and then crew members out on the majestic I've been getting J&J

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

So exciting. We go on the Majestic in December. We have never sailed on a Royal ship. 

The royal class ships are absolute stunners. You will hopefully love him as much as I do!!!

32 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

The royal class ships are absolute stunners. You will hopefully love him as much as I do!!!

Thank you. I’m thinking about booking the sanctuary for the first time. I need to find out if I can book it ahead of time. This is new to me. We love Princess. We were booked for the Royal, but of course the cruise was canceled. 

33 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Thank you. I’m thinking about booking the sanctuary for the first time. I need to find out if I can book it ahead of time. This is new to me. We love Princess. We were booked for the Royal, but of course the cruise was canceled. 

Not sure what you mean "ahead of time".  If you mean ahead of the departure date - NO.  If you mean on board the ship, but in advance of the day(s) you want to be in the Sanctuary - YES.  If you are on a warm weather voyage such as Caribbean sector, you need to get there soon after boarding and try and book a lounger.

3 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

The Majestic doesn't have a "Sanctuary", at least as it is defined on other ships.  Instead, it's called the Hollywood Conservatory, and unless they have changed it in over the past year, it's an all-ages area of the ship where solitude and calm are attacked by random musical instruments and the like.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, esstheman said:

The Majestic doesn't have a "Sanctuary", at least as it is defined on other ships.  Instead, it's called the Hollywood Conservatory, and unless they have changed it in over the past year, it's an all-ages area of the ship where solitude and calm are attacked by random musical instruments and the like.

Having been on two Royal Class ships..Royal and Majestic, they are not to my liking, no walk around prom deck, too many shops, too vast, too many pax. I like the Grand Class ships, but Coral is my favourite, did Inside Passage and Panama Canal on her, ideal size.

• Like 3

I totally agree with you NSWP.  The Royal class ships are tooooooo large and lack one of the things that I  enjoy, like a walk around the promenade deck.   

My husband uses a scooter to get around but I still walk and those corridors are so long that I am tired before I get where I am going.  And you have to start out earlier to get to where you want to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

I totally agree with you NSWP.  The Royal class ships are tooooooo large and lack one of the things that I  enjoy, like a walk around the promenade deck.   

My husband uses a scooter to get around but I still walk and those corridors are so long that I am tired before I get where I am going.  And you have to start out earlier to get to where you want to go.

When the first Grand class ships came out I said the same thing about how long the corridors were. Got used to it fast

1 hour ago, Crystabel said:

We’re sailing to Alaska on the Majestic in August. No cancellations at this point. 

We are sailing in August too on Majestic.  🍸

• Like 3

On 6/24/2021 at 1:30 PM, 1emerald1 said:

Just saw an instagram post from an officer on the Majestic, saying they are in port for the next 4 days taking on 1,400 crew members who will then start their quarantine.  And, the livestream port web is working right now!

Thank you!  Does this port cam show the ship?   If so, which site are you using?  Can’t find my link.  

19 hours ago, NSWP said:

I thought Majestic was doing the Alaska/Inside passage cruises and they were cancelled? 

These are freshly-added sailings to take advantage of the temporary PVSA exemption. I've replaced my Coral cruise with the new Majestic one (different itinerary but hey, it's Alaska so I'm happy).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

So exciting. We go on the Majestic in December. We have never sailed on a Royal ship. 

I love the Royal Princess so I’m sure we will also love the Majestic Princess.  I hope you feel the same way. What type of cabins do you book?

• Like 1