The Daily for Friday Jun 25, 2021

richwmn

44 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good news!  After 30 minute delays for all games this morning due to heavy rains, the Tigers started to play and after 10 minutes lightning appeared, thus a long delay until weather was clear.  It was a hard fought game but DGS scored the only goal and won the game for his team.  Afterwards we all had a nice, late lunch at Panera and DH and I are ready for a rest this evening.  The team is going to a golf place for some games this afternoon then an early dinner and a good night's rest for their 8 am game tomorrow.  

Unfortunately the weather forecast is for thunderstorms tonight and all day tomorrow.  😡

Congratulations to DGS for scoring the only and winning goal.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I don’t know if I am asking too much but I am asking everyone to think of and pray for Joe the husband of our recently passed Yonnie (Krazy Kruziers aka KK).  I have found out he is in Critical Care at the hospital.  I have no idea of what.  The only thing my friend was told was that when he was able they would let him know that she called.

I fear his demise is near.  He is alone without KK, no family nearby.  My heart is sad for him tonight 💔

🙏🙏🙏

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Congratulations to DGS for scoring the only and winning goal.

Thank you.  I hope they can get the games in tomorrow.  Crazy weather here this week.  Usually, it's hot, about 95F with high humidity and a scorching sun.  That's why I like Georgia.  It's actually cooler!😅

We saw something interesting today.  There is a small electronic type gadget attached to DGS's soccer shoes that they can get results back on an app on the phone.  It said DGS's top speed today was 17.7 mph and he ran 4.75 miles during his game.  DH said "oh and I see you were goofing off 136 times".  DGS's eyes popped wide open and said Wait, what? until he realized he was being teased by his grandpa.  But, how in the world do you run 17.7 mph?  You have to be 14 years old first of all...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I don’t know if I am asking too much but I am asking everyone to think of and pray for Joe the husband of our recently passed Yonnie (Krazy Kruziers aka KK).  I have found out he is in Critical Care at the hospital.  I have no idea of what.  The only thing my friend was told was that when he was able they would let him know that she called.

I fear his demise is near.  He is alone without KK, no family nearby.  My heart is sad for him tonight 💔

Consider it done!

• Like 9

My dad 😘 passed away at age 98 in 2001, followed by my mum 😘, at age 87, exactly thirteen! days later.

I don't know Joe, have never met the man except for passing/walking by him and his wife once at their dinner table while working on Maasdam. I have a feeling he also wants to be back with his loved one. Smooth travels to you Joe! 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Our prayers for God's comfort for Joe and those hurting on his behalf. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Thank you for posting.

Sorry to hear about Joe.

Hope he is being kept comfortable.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, kazu said:

Our prayers are with Joe and hopefully he will recover.🙏

My late dad died 9 years ago 4 months after my late mam died and he could not accept she had gone and he lost the will to live.

They had been married for 61 years and went everywhere together.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2