Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Must be issues.  It works for me.  The gifts line can do it for you.  They will send you an email confirmation.

stay safe

Be sure to ask them to send you an email confirmation. My experience with Princess employees is that sometimes they send confirmation and sometimes they don't. I've learned to always ask.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

I just made a reservation in Sabbatini's for four guests.  I never saw an option to use OBC; only my credit card that is on file.  Go figure.  

Did you do this in the MC app, on princess.com or by phone?  Was this for you or a third party?

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, HleeCruiser said:

Did you do this in the MC app, on princess.com or by phone?  Was this for you or a third party?

Thank you.

HI I just wrote you a complete reply under the "dine my way: medallion net.  I explained in detail and yes I did it on the app.  Took me less than five minutes

23 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I just made a reservation in Sabbatini's for four guests.  I never saw an option to use OBC; only my credit card that is on file.  Go figure.  

I wonder if we have to use obc once OB?

When it was in cruise personalizer, we could use obc.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I wonder if we have to use obc once OB?

When it was in cruise personalizer, we could use obc.

I know I have used obc prior to going on cruises for both shore excursions and dining.   I did not see that option when I booked about an hour ago.  

• Thanks 1

Re: hassles with the Medallion app, we wouldn't mind doing embarkation through the yellow or blue lines on the app if that's only as far as we could get, except that one of the later steps on the app is to select a boarding time, and usually the earlier times before lunch are gone closer to the departure date, and the only times left are 1:00 or later, so you sit in the terminal waiting for your time. Just curious, can anyone recall if they got their boarding time when they were blue line, or was it part of getting green line?

First time on Princess.  Experiences, so far, haven't been great.  Took ages to get a confirmation of the booking.

We sail in 10 days and cannot get the app to recognise our booking number.  Have emailed support.  Why you can't do the same thing on the website as the app defeats me.  Not everyone has a smart phone - I know several people that don't.  In fact I know many that don't have a laptop/pc.

Concerned I may miss a vital step.

2 hours ago, DropThePuck said:

First time on Princess.  Experiences, so far, haven't been great.  Took ages to get a confirmation of the booking.

We sail in 10 days and cannot get the app to recognise our booking number.  Have emailed support.  Why you can't do the same thing on the website as the app defeats me.  Not everyone has a smart phone - I know several people that don't.  In fact I know many that don't have a laptop/pc.

Concerned I may miss a vital step.

Use the web site to print your boarding passes and also print your Travel Summary. Be sure to check the Travel Summary to see that it matches your perks, etc. Take it with you. They can do the other check in stuff at the port. Just be sure to have all your documents with you when you go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Use the web site to print your boarding passes and also print your Travel Summary. Be sure to check the Travel Summary to see that it matches your perks, etc. Take it with you. They can do the other check in stuff at the port. Just be sure to have all your documents with you when you go.

You can get the travel summary on the web site but for  boarding passes it sends you to the app which will not operate for all.  Hopefully the travel summary will get people into the check in lines

• Like 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

You can get the travel summary on the web site but for  boarding passes it sends you to the app which will not operate for all.  Hopefully the travel summary will get people into the check in lines

4 hours ago, DropThePuck said:

Miraculously, the app seems to be working this morning, although I see no reference to my wife on it.  Presumably that is because she has to set up her own?

It is frustrating.  When I said it was working earlier - It sort of works.  With my email address, only I exist on this cruise, but when my wife puts the app on her phone using a different email address, we are both there.  I cannot access travel documents or do anything, really.  She can do more. Wife 1, Husband 0 😀

I tried to sort this out with Customer Service, but after an hour on hold, I gave up.  I hate being unorganised.

2 hours ago, DropThePuck said:

It is frustrating.  When I said it was working earlier - It sort of works.  With my email address, only I exist on this cruise, but when my wife puts the app on her phone using a different email address, we are both there.  I cannot access travel documents or do anything, really.  She can do more. Wife 1, Husband 0 😀

I tried to sort this out with Customer Service, but after an hour on hold, I gave up.  I hate being unorganised.

When I uploaded the app, and entered our booking reference, both my wife and I appeared on the app.

10 hours ago, DropThePuck said:

Miraculously, the app seems to be working this morning, although I see no reference to my wife on it.  Presumably that is because she has to set up her own?

I was able to get myself and wife to show with one login. Then had problems. Spoke to Support they fixed it. Now with my login just me and three line items. Wife login with Booking info, not separate login, show both of us. Though some of her data, like Photo, has disappeared.

I am ready to cry!  Bought a new Iphone in July, the first for us, as we have to have it now.  I downloaded the Medallion App, with the assistance of helpful people on this site.  I have been trying ever since to log in and it never takes me in.  I have the correct info.  I even had my nephew try on his phone.  I have an Iphone Max 12 Pro or something like that, with all the space I will ever need the gal said as I explained I needed to download the Medallion App.  My nephew said with so many people accessing the app at one time, that's probably why the issue.  He also checked and said there are only one star reviews recently with the app.  I don't know what to do.  Is anyone else having problems.  

Also, will I have to have a login for my husband too or can I just do through my login.  

Since when did cruising get so stressful and hard?

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

I am ready to cry!  Bought a new Iphone in July, the first for us, as we have to have it now.  I downloaded the Medallion App, with the assistance of helpful people on this site.  I have been trying ever since to log in and it never takes me in.  I have the correct info.  I even had my nephew try on his phone.  I have an Iphone Max 12 Pro or something like that, with all the space I will ever need the gal said as I explained I needed to download the Medallion App.  My nephew said with so many people accessing the app at one time, that's probably why the issue.  He also checked and said there are only one star reviews recently with the app.  I don't know what to do.  Is anyone else having problems.  

Also, will I have to have a login for my husband too or can I just do through my login.  

Are you sure you are looking at Medallionclass app ?

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Are you sure you are looking at Medallionclass app ?

Yes.  I have been sitting here since noon trying and it finally went through at 3:00 to get in.  I entered and all was good until I did acceptance @ 3:10 and now my phone has been stuck downloading it since.   AUGHHHHHHH!!!

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

My nephew said with so many people accessing the app at one time, that's probably why the issue.  He also checked and said there are only one star reviews recently with the app.  I don't know what to do.  Is anyone else having problems.  

In answer to your first question, the answer is yes, quite a few other folks are having problems.

For the second question, AFAIK you'll be able to do everything for both of your with just one phone; the only downside will be that he won't be able to order drinks when he's somewhere apart from you on the ship, unless he goes to a bar and places his order the old fashioned way (you'll be able to order from anywhere on the ship via the app).

And for the third question, it got so stressful when Princess made the unbelievably bad decision to remove the pre-cruise functionality from the personalizer website and tell its customers they had to use a buggy smartphone app.

The issues are probably due to data corruption in the database, not excessive load on the server (once they get things working, they tend to stay that way regardless of the time of day). If you don't mind waiting on hold for a couple of hours, you should be able to get things working well enough to get most of your data entered by calling the 844-525-0942 support line and then waiting a few hours; if you don't have the time to waste on hold, sending an eMail to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com will at least get your problem report into the queue.

4 minutes ago, barrykel said:

In answer to your first question, the answer is yes, quite a few other folks are having problems.

For the second question, AFAIK you'll be able to do everything for both of your with just one phone; the only downside will be that he won't be able to order drinks when he's somewhere apart from you on the ship, unless he goes to a bar and places his order the old fashioned way (you'll be able to order from anywhere on the ship via the app).

And for the third question, it got so stressful when Princess made the unbelievably bad decision to remove the pre-cruise functionality from the personalizer website and tell its customers they had to use a buggy smartphone app.

The issues are probably due to data corruption in the database, not excessive load on the server (once they get things working, they tend to stay that way regardless of the time of day). If you don't mind waiting on hold for a couple of hours, you should be able to get things working well enough to get most of your data entered by calling the 844-525-0942 support line and then waiting a few hours; if you don't have the time to waste on hold, sending an eMail to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com will at least get your problem report into the queue.

Thank you.  So I will just let it keep going, 3 hours now downloading.......

1 minute ago, mellon1 said:

Thank you.  So I will just let it keep going, 3 hours now downloading.......

Oh wait - sorry, my problems and most of the ones I've seen here were with linking the app to your booking and then entering data via the app. I didn't realize you hadn't been able to get the app installed at all! Have you tried to cancel the download and retry the installation? If you've tried more than once and still can't get the installation to complete, you probably need to call the support line. That's actually the sort of problem they may be able to fix by walking you through the process.

3 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Oh wait - sorry, my problems and most of the ones I've seen here were with linking the app to your booking and then entering data via the app. I didn't realize you hadn't been able to get the app installed at all! Have you tried to cancel the download and retry the installation? If you've tried more than once and still can't get the installation to complete, you probably need to call the support line. That's actually the sort of problem they may be able to fix by walking you through the process.

Got the app downloaded, but when I went to accept the terms of the contract, it is hung up on download for hours now.  

1 minute ago, mellon1 said:

Got the app downloaded, but when I went to accept the terms of the contract, it is hung up on download for hours now.  

i'd still recommend retrying (if it hasn't gotten the contract loaded after a few minutes, waiting isn't ever going to get it loaded); in this case you should kill the app, restart it, and try again. If that doesn't work, you will need to call the support line.

17 minutes ago, barrykel said:

i'd still recommend retrying (if it hasn't gotten the contract loaded after a few minutes, waiting isn't ever going to get it loaded); in this case you should kill the app, restart it, and try again. If that doesn't work, you will need to call the support line.

how do I stop it.  I tried hitting the button on the right to no avail.  It is stuck.