Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Some more info from the Discovery Princess...

I strongly recommend getting print copies of the Patter and any other daily handouts. I was barely able to access the daily schedules on the TV or app.

The default lanyard for the Medallion is pretty cheaply made, my Medallion fell out too easily. I brought a fitbit clip that has worked very well.

Reserve dinner at the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants in advance. They were completely overbooked. Also the Salty Dog Gastropub is a gem, terrific food and no reservations needed.

44 minutes ago, ellenb23 said:

Some more info from the Discovery Princess...

I strongly recommend getting print copies of the Patter and any other daily handouts. I was barely able to access the daily schedules on the TV or app.

The default lanyard for the Medallion is pretty cheaply made, my Medallion fell out too easily. I brought a fitbit clip that has worked very well.

Reserve dinner at the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants in advance. They were completely overbooked. Also the Salty Dog Gastropub is a gem, terrific food and no reservations needed.

What did you have to do to request hard copies of the Patter?

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

I believe they can make them.  My husband lost his medallion on a cruise last month and guest services made him another with all his info on the medallion.

Yes, they can definitely make them on the spot.  When we went in April, I had my medallion on my watch band, and my wife and daughter’s in a “safe spot” in my suitcase, not realizing we’d need all 3 medallions to check in.  Since I was working with extreme sleep deprivation, I couldn’t remember where I put them, so while they were getting my Mom checked in (we were green), they also got replacement medallions for my DW and DD.

I believe the name and sailing info is printed on the medallion, not etched, and they can do it at check in.  Haven’t been able to find theirs to be sure.  But I don’t believe they can do the customized image then (like the ship’s logo).   But if you don’t order the medallions ahead of time, they may have them pre-printed.

OK, first sorry if this question is already answered a dozen times. My search skills are apparently lacking!

Trying to book dining on the app for same time every day. I go through the process, pick a time and hit confirm. All seems to go good. However I can't find any reference to my reservation. When I go back to the option to view and make changes, nothing is listed. Also thought it would show on my JourneyView, but nothing there.

Shouldn't it appear somewhere??

Thx

47 minutes ago, OKCruiseMan said:

OK, first sorry if this question is already answered a dozen times. My search skills are apparently lacking!

Trying to book dining on the app for same time every day. I go through the process, pick a time and hit confirm. All seems to go good. However I can't find any reference to my reservation. When I go back to the option to view and make changes, nothing is listed. Also thought it would show on my JourneyView, but nothing there.

Shouldn't it appear somewhere??

Thx

First, dining res won't show in Journey View.  Only in DineMyWay (DMW) which you can access either from OCEAN Now or OCEAN Ready (the clock and utensils logo).  If the res worked, you should see what you have using using the option you mentioned.  Try making a Full Voyage booking again and see what happens.  You can call Princess main line and listen to the phone tree options and you will find there is a path and option specifically for DMW issues.

13 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

First, dining res won't show in Journey View.  Only in DineMyWay (DMW) which you can access either from OCEAN Now or OCEAN Ready (the clock and utensils logo).  If the res worked, you should see what you have using using the option you mentioned.  Try making a Full Voyage booking again and see what happens.  You can call Princess main line and listen to the phone tree options and you will find there is a path and option specifically for DMW issues.

Thx. It still doesn't seem to take my Sametime reservation however if I book individual days they show up. Probably best anyway as it works better with our schedule. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OKCruiseMan said:

Thx. It still doesn't seem to take my Sametime reservation however if I book individual days they show up. Probably best anyway as it works better with our schedule. 

Just book individual days and if it shows up, then your done.  If not, call in to PCL like was suggested by Steelers36.

• Like 1

am I the only one that cannot get Journey View to open and allow me to pick activities for each day.  It has allowed on two of the seven days. For instance reserve seating in theater. 

I will do my typical pre-cruise venting, thank you in advance. We have a 14 day cruise booked leaving on June 18th. The app is doing the same thing it was last cruise. When I select "choose medallion" the screen goes all white and never changes, even after being on the screen for hours. App is then hosed and I have to shut down app and restart. Trying to choose arrival time presents me with the multiple future cruises we have booked, I select the next appropriate cruise and get a "loading" circle that never stops. I have called Princess twice, I was supposed to get a return call but never did. I have also emailed but didn't even get the "we will get to you in order of sailing" response. The app for us has been useless for both cruises with regards to the pre-cruise experience. Like last cruise, we just plan on getting to the port early with all our printed information and let them sort it out. Not that big of a deal.

I called today to confirm our Dine my Way booking since the app only says "you already have a reservation, would you like to cancel it and start over?" without giving me the ability to see what the reservation is! Turns out the reservation is where we wanted at the time we wanted but only for the first few days of the cruise, then we had no reservations. I called (the medallion dine my way people answered on the first ring) but it took over 30 min for the person to find us a private table in the same dining room at the same time each night. They have to check day by day, who programmed this? As it turned out we are now at the same table each night and the same time, except one night were the time is different. Personally I think they should default to the old MDR dining at a table size of your choice. I have to believe they have many upset people each cruise that don't bother with reservations till they get on board and nothing is left.

7 minutes ago, fairmontracer said:

I called (the medallion dine my way people answered on the first ring) but it took over 30 min for the person to find us a private table in the same dining room at the same time each night. They have to check day by day, who programmed this? As it turned out we are now at the same table each night and the same time, except one night were the time is different. Personally I think they should default to the old MDR dining at a table size of your choice. I have to believe they have many upset people each cruise that don't bother with reservations till they get on board and nothing is left.

The only way to restore the TD experience for those that want it, is to block off a DR for that and remove that space from DMW and go back to DR mgmt doing it manually based on guest requests.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fairmontracer said:

I will do my typical pre-cruise venting, thank you in advance. We have a 14 day cruise booked leaving on June 18th. The app is doing the same thing it was last cruise. When I select "choose medallion" the screen goes all white and never changes, even after being on the screen for hours. App is then hosed and I have to shut down app and restart. Trying to choose arrival time presents me with the multiple future cruises we have booked, I select the next appropriate cruise and get a "loading" circle that never stops. I have called Princess twice, I was supposed to get a return call but never did. I have also emailed but didn't even get the "we will get to you in order of sailing" response. The app for us has been useless for both cruises with regards to the pre-cruise experience. Like last cruise, we just plan on getting to the port early with all our printed information and let them sort it out. Not that big of a deal.

I called today to confirm our Dine my Way booking since the app only says "you already have a reservation, would you like to cancel it and start over?" without giving me the ability to see what the reservation is! Turns out the reservation is where we wanted at the time we wanted but only for the first few days of the cruise, then we had no reservations. I called (the medallion dine my way people answered on the first ring) but it took over 30 min for the person to find us a private table in the same dining room at the same time each night. They have to check day by day, who programmed this? As it turned out we are now at the same table each night and the same time, except one night were the time is different. Personally I think they should default to the old MDR dining at a table size of your choice. I have to believe they have many upset people each cruise that don't bother with reservations till they get on board and nothing is left.

I learned to log out of the app and close it. Then start all over logging back in. It doesn’t stop all problems but has taken care of most everything for me. Also, I use an Apple IPAD and learned it has a memory. So if you don’t clear it, it will continue to open previous sessions. I clear it by double clicking the big button then swipe away all sessions for all apps I have been using. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty convinced my issue is not the app but the back end database. The app does not work correctly on two iPhones, an iPad, and Android phone or a chromebook. We have been struggling with this for two cruises now. Also when we try and get to the information via the web option, it will not let us log in (although logging into the app and the normal website always work fine). The Princess rep I talked to on the phone yesterday could not get into my bookings to look at my "Ocean Ready", just another reason I think something is wrong on the backend. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fairmontracer said:

I'm pretty convinced my issue is not the app but the back end database. The app does not work correctly on two iPhones, an iPad, and Android phone or a chromebook. We have been struggling with this for two cruises now. Also when we try and get to the information via the web option, it will not let us log in (although logging into the app and the normal website always work fine). The Princess rep I talked to on the phone yesterday could not get into my bookings to look at my "Ocean Ready", just another reason I think something is wrong on the backend. 

I also couldn't get into our booking (after changing ships/rooms) until the day before sailing despite trying on multiple Androids, iOS, web, and countless calls to Princess. Sitting in the airport the day before, it miraculously showed up. 

It worked fine on the ship for mobile ordering but dine my way stopped working until a few days into the sailing as well as journey view. We requested print copies of the patter from our steward and took photos of the schedule so we had it on the go.

46 minutes ago, CRG7 said:

I also couldn't get into our booking (after changing ships/rooms) until the day before sailing despite trying on multiple Androids, iOS, web, and countless calls to Princess. Sitting in the airport the day before, it miraculously showed up. 

It worked fine on the ship for mobile ordering but dine my way stopped working until a few days into the sailing as well as journey view. We requested print copies of the patter from our steward and took photos of the schedule so we had it on the go.

The app was the common nightmare for me last fall. Most of it was backend problems as things like the acceptance of the passage conditions would come and go depending on the day.

On the ship I only used the medallion at the bars and to get in the room. However it stopped letting me into my room so if I left the room I would hang out at the bars until my wife found me and let in the room. She said I could get it fixed at the customer service desk but there was a line and I liked my way better.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shelby Cruiser said:

Where do you find the digital boarding pass on the app. I have looked at everything on the  app & cannot find it. I also called Princess rep & was told that it is your booking number. This makes no sense to me. Any ideas?

No boarding passes anymore.  Just 

show the app (QR code) or Ocean Medallion when you get to the port.

I believe it says you don’t need boarding passes any more on the website. 

All your info comes up for them.  

You just print your luggage tags and travel summary from the website like always, bring your ocean medallion if you got it ahead of time, documents like passport, covid test results, vaccine card and whatever other documents you need.

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No boarding passes anymore.  Just 

show the app (QR code) or Ocean Medallion when you get to the port.

I believe it says you don’t need boarding passes any more on the website. 

All your info comes up for them.  

You just print your luggage tags and travel summary from the website like always, bring your ocean medallion if you got it ahead of time, documents like passport, covid test results, vaccine card and whatever other documents you need.

On the website Travel summary page:

Documents

What’s on this page:

Travel Summary | Additional Forms & Documents | Port Information

Travel Documents

Once you're OceanReady®, there's no need to print your boarding pass. Just show your digital version within the MedallionClass™ app at check-in. You do, however, need to print your luggage tags and attach them. We also suggest you save your travel summary and booking information to have those details handy.

Thats what the rep was talking about…have your booking number handy…that would be on your travel summary or on the App.

Edited by PacnGoNow

Can somebody please clarify when we submit our health status?  It allows us to complete the health documentation in which you swear you've received the vaccination in time; but not the health assessment in which it asks if you have any covid symptoms or rather it lets you answer the questions but won't let you check the "I certify the info is correct" box.

The email from Princess this morning states "no later than 24 hours" but our dear Medallion app states "within 24 hours" so is this part of the issue and Princess misstated it?