Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 minute ago, Userclown said:

We received an email stating on the way but the tracking number does not indicate that it is actually moving. Feel sure it will arrive in time!

Thanks.  What is your cruise date?

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

Same here, just getting a white screen when I try and get into Health Status. Let us know how you get on. 

Yep! Same here! No worries, they must be messing with it. Here is my take. If you paid for a cruise, ordered your medallion, have your vaccines, will get your negatives test appropriately, no worries! Just head to the terminal and prepare for a wonderful time!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CACruiser1973 said:

Sigh - we had been fine, green lane with QR code and arrival group.  I logged in today to do the 24 hour health status check as we sail tomorrow on Discovery.  Now it says we are yellow and every time I try to enter the health portion (which earlier this morning worked and was just greyed out not letting me certify the statements) I now just get the blank white screen.  

I tried using the iPad, hoping it was just my iPhone and same thing. My last hope is to try my mom’s phone when I go visit her later today as she has the last version of the software and keep my fingers crossed that hers works. 

I am pretty technically savvy but if I am having these problems I have no idea how they expect people like my 74-year-old mother and 84-year-old mother-in-law to manage this app and its idiosyncrasies. 

Not to worry. I forgot to do it on our April Discovery cruise. Remembered while we were sitting in the Elite lounge waiting to board and did it then. I wonder if anyone actually looks/checks it.

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Not to worry. I forgot to do it on our April Discovery cruise. Remembered while we were sitting in the Elite lounge waiting to board and did it then. I wonder if anyone actually looks/checks it.

We went from green to yellow! Pretty funny actually! It is just a glitch! I deleted the app, reinstalled and am green again. Truth be told, during all of our previous boardings our color had no value. We could have been stripped and it didn’t matter because it was never verified! We just can’t over think this process. 

• Like 2

Reading the recent post convinces me that no matter what happens in the App at the last day or minute, I am going Green Lane and let them tell me if there is a problem.  I will know my data is good and complete, so a finger to the App and I imagine the port reps will process us just fine.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Reading the recent post convinces me that no matter what happens in the App at the last day or minute, I am going Green Lane and let them tell me if there is a problem.  I will know my data is good and complete, so a finger to the App and I imagine the port reps will process us just fine.

I like your style!  😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Userclown said:

We got the tracking number - and it was a few days before “informeddelivery dot com” (US only I think…) started showing motion.  Received medallions about 2 weeks before sailing date.  

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Yep we have now gone yellow again. Green, yellow, green , yellow what is going on. Most annoying , well I’m just going at the time we had.

Back at the global innovation world headquarters...

They're chatting about whether they should take out the code that generates those random statuses... (stati?)

But, they're probably still enjoying the dozens of things they can make people do with their prank...

Delete the app

Reinstall the app

Log out

Try a tablet

Buy a new phone

Beat the phone with a hammer

Those jokesters!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I'm also in the yellow lane......my recently uploaded vaccination card is still showing as "document pending approval".    Today, I get the blank white screen......I've rebooted (didn't work), I deleted the App and reinstalled (didn't work).    Geez 'o Pete, can't Princess get their act together?

9 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I'm also in the yellow lane......my recently uploaded vaccination card is still showing as "document pending approval".    Today, I get the blank white screen......I've rebooted (didn't work), I deleted the App and reinstalled (didn't work).    Geez 'o Pete, can't Princess get their act together?

I see you are from CA, we are also.  For our vaccination information I downloaded the digital record that California has on file and it worked perfectly with my app.  Did you try that method?

15 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I see you are from CA, we are also.  For our vaccination information I downloaded the digital record that California has on file and it worked perfectly with my app.  Did you try that method?

I've tried both the CA vaccine record withe the QR code as well as my vaccination card.   My assumption (probably not correct) is that it was going to say "Pending Document Approval" until someone at the check-in verifies it.   Otherwise, what's to stop someone from uploading somebody else's vaccination card?

The problem is now I just get the "white screen" which is soooooo frustrating because then only way I can get out of it is to reboot my phone.

I have an iPhone 13 with plenty of memory, so I know it's not my phone 🙂

Edited by cruzin4us
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I've tried both the CA vaccine record withe the QR code as well as my vaccination card.   My assumption (probably not correct) is that it was going to say "Pending Document Approval" until someone at the check-in verifies it.   Otherwise, what's to stop someone from uploading somebody else's vaccination card?

The problem is now I just get the "white screen" which is soooooo frustrating because then only way I can get out of it is to reboot my phone.

I have an iPhone 13 with plenty of memory, so I know it's not my phone 🙂

Sorry to hear that nothing seems to be working. I have a Samsung Android.  I remember last year that it seemed that people with iPhones had better luck than me with my Android --- I was so jealous.  This year, I am having better luck than last.  Hope all gets better for you soon.

Here's my last 4,000 attempts at getting to my health information.   It's either loading or if I'm LUCKY enough to get past "loading" I go to the proverbial white screen of death.

E60B9A96-F728-4AA0-A46F-D1968F9C2444.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpg

Edited by cruzin4us

2 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Never!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Here's my last 4,000 attempts at getting to my health information.   It's either loading or if I'm LUCKY enough to get past "loading" I go to the proverbial white screen of death.

E60B9A96-F728-4AA0-A46F-D1968F9C2444.jpeg

IMG_9717.jpg

I hear you!  I decided to try and go to the website on my computer and job done now!  I even loaded my covid certificates (after I took pictures and downloaded them to my computer - I had them saved previously as PDF and that did not work).  Give it a try.

Just a passing comment, similar to many others. In the health status section, the ap refers to 48 hours before sailing. How can they make a mistake like this? Don't they understand how stressful pre cruise screening is to passengers. A mistake like this blows my mind, is there no quality control?

I was curious about other comments and saw we were Blue and previously Green. However, I will ignore this junk app and just turn up at the pier.

Do not worry about the app. I spent many hours getting everytbing in for our last two cruise and they never looked at any of it. We boarded this past thursday and we had to show our vaccination cards, negative text rexults and have our pictures taken. No mention of the app or boarding color or boarding time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NownZen said:

Do not worry about the app. I spent many hours getting everytbing in for our last two cruise and they never looked at any of it. We boarded this past thursday and we had to show our vaccination cards, negative text rexults and have our pictures taken. No mention of the app or boarding color or boarding time.

Agree, the app was also of minimal value on board.

8 hours ago, alibabacruisers said:

I hear you!  I decided to try and go to the website on my computer and job done now!  I even loaded my covid certificates (after I took pictures and downloaded them to my computer - I had them saved previously as PDF and that did not work).  Give it a try.

What is the link to the web version? Is it the same as the Cruise Personaliser and if not what is the point in having 2 different things.