Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

28 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Well done, @PacnGoNow, good advice to redo passwords.  This is something I didn't see earlier today, and I did go and check our data, including logging in as my wife, and nothing was offside.  Either resolved or a random issue.  Glad to read others above found corrections by resetting accounts. 

IDK what PCL is doing sometimes.  Perhaps they were putting in a fix for the data integrity issues they have had from the get-go between POLAR and MC App.  I can see how MC App is not going to be working if profiles are mixed up and names do not match. 

It seems that they have managed to encounter just about any error one can imagine on that OCEAN team.  Sometimes I worry as we have managed not to have data integrity issues and other quirks - just the general bugs of which some still exist.  Worry?  Yeah, that about a week before our voyages, all the data will go pffft, and our DWM res will be gone, etc.  LOL.

Thanks @Steelers36 …nice of you!

Don’t say that…you’ve worked so hard

on DMW.  You better let us know “Live” that it’s working! 

12 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

Medallion Ap had worked perfectly until I checked it today. It is not recognizing my name, DOB, and Booking number. Help please. I have an iPhone if that helps. I can see my info on the Princess website. Thanks

If the web version has all your info as expected, I'd just sit tight for a day or so as they may have some kind of issue that will be resolved.

Trying to prepare for our first post covid cruise.

I just spent a very frustrating hour trying to do the Medallion app. Can't do it on the PC. Forced to do on the iphone.

Got so far as trying to enter my CC info and it REFUSES to take a Canadian postal code which has letters and numbers...would only accept the numbers. I phoned 1-800-PRINCESS and pushed buttons until I got to Medallion help.

She claimed NO ONE else had ever had that issue, told me uninstall and reinstall app. I did. Still no go. So in the end, she entered my CC info. Without that, it was impossible to go from BLUE LANE (WTH) to GREEN LINE...apparently being ELITE has no preferential to getting on board unless you complete all these steps.

In the preCovid days, all those steps from dining, to CC to passport info was entered through the Cruise Personalizer. 

Our last cruise just before covid we used the medallion only to open our doors. I don't see this as an improvement...my two cents.

2 hours ago, remydiva said:

I just spent a very frustrating hour trying to do the Medallion app. Can't do it on the PC. Forced to do on the iphone.

Got so far as trying to enter my CC info and it REFUSES to take a Canadian postal code which has letters and numbers...would only accept the numbers. I phoned 1-800-PRINCESS and pushed buttons until I got to Medallion help.

She claimed NO ONE else had ever had that issue, told me uninstall and reinstall app. I did. Still no go. So in the end, she entered my CC info. Without that, it was impossible to go from BLUE LANE (WTH) to GREEN LINE...apparently being ELITE has no preferential to getting on board unless you complete all these steps.

In the preCovid days, all those steps from dining, to CC to passport info was entered through the Cruise Personalizer. 

Our last cruise just before covid we used the medallion only to open our doors. I don't see this as an improvement...my two cents.

You don’t have to use the App.  If you have issues with it, you can still do it on the website under the cruise personalizer. 

If you go to checkin…right under the

button for download App, you’ll see

a link, for the web version. 

You can still print your luggage tags and travel summary 75 days before on the website, just like before.

Don’t stress over the app.  You still

bring your documents to the port for them to check, passport, vax card and covid test results. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2022 at 2:52 PM, remydiva said:

I'm having the same problem with trying to enter a Canadian postal code.

1 hour ago, QueenB4ever said:

What part of the App is this happening?  Did you select COUNTRY first?  Is there a default country on the page you are looking at?

2 hours ago, QueenB4ever said:

Same problem as well.....trying to enter my credit card for the shipboard payment method.

I just entered a zip code (98230 is close by to us in Blaine, WA) and goes through ok.

There's no option to choose "country".

9 minutes ago, Mingus said:

Same problem as well.....trying to enter my credit card for the shipboard payment method.

I just entered a zip code (98230 is close by to us in Blaine, WA) and goes through ok.

Interesting.  I have not looked at that section for a long time since my card is registered fine and shared with my wife as we usually do (combined statement).

ETA:  Other countries have unique formats as well.

Edited by Steelers36

On 7/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, Mingus said:

it only seems to accept numbers, not letters- so I used the 3 digits from postal code followed by 00 and it accepted that no problem (which is also what I use when paying by ccard at gas pumps in the US!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jccruiser said:

it only seems to accept numbers, not letters- so I used the 3 digits from postal code followed by 00 and it accepted that no problem (which is also what I use when paying by ccard at gas pumps in the US!)

It is obvious there is no real-time validation to a bank or credit-card database.

18 hours ago, jccruiser said:

A colleague gave me that tip some years ago and it has worked well for example A1B 2C3 - 12300 works great

Can the experts here give me a Cliff Note on Medallion App?

We have a Regal Transatlantic sails on Nov 17th. 

1) When would be the optimal time to download the Medallion App to our Smartphones?  

The only needed function for us at this stage, is to purchase the internet package so we can take advantage of the Elite benefit at 50% off per day's charge,  since this can only be bought thru the Medallion App since I read about the topic a few months ago.

We have a 3 weeks land trip BEFORE boarding the Regal,  out to Jordan / Egypt / London.   I dont worry much about the Covid test because who knows what would be the requirement by Nov!  But I guess we have to get our internet package purchase done,  and the registration of the CC used for shipboard accounts, BEFORE we leave home.

2) When should I order the actual Medallion devices?  If we dont get them before we leave home,  I assume we can still do the check in at the pier check in,  just use more time.  I dont believe they would refuse people boarding if not registered / checked in thru the Medallion.  If so,  then Princess truly takes a path that straightly downhill without brake...

3) Can you use only ONE Smartphone but log in the Medallion App with each passenger's credential,  assuming you initially set it up individually?

Reason being, my husband is very inept in using any kind of App on his phone other than the text and WhatsApp.  When we cruised Royal Caribbean last Dec,  I set it up on both phones but usually I just logged in from my own phone for whatever we needed to get done.

I truly appreciate the experts on the board would forgive my questions and are willing to give Cliff Note style answers to those. 

TIA to you all!

43 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Can the experts here give me a Cliff Note on Medallion App?

We have a Regal Transatlantic sails on Nov 17th. 

1) When would be the optimal time to download the Medallion App to our Smartphones?  

The only needed function for us at this stage, is to purchase the internet package so we can take advantage of the Elite benefit at 50% off per day's charge,  since this can only be bought thru the Medallion App since I read about the topic a few months ago.

We have a 3 weeks land trip BEFORE boarding the Regal,  out to Jordan / Egypt / London.   I dont worry much about the Covid test because who knows what would be the requirement by Nov!  But I guess we have to get our internet package purchase done,  and the registration of the CC used for shipboard accounts, BEFORE we leave home.

2) When should I order the actual Medallion devices?  If we dont get them before we leave home,  I assume we can still do the check in at the pier check in,  just use more time.  I dont believe they would refuse people boarding if not registered / checked in thru the Medallion.  If so,  then Princess truly takes a path that straightly downhill without brake...

3) Can you use only ONE Smartphone but log in the Medallion App with each passenger's credential,  assuming you initially set it up individually?

Reason being, my husband is very inept in using any kind of App on his phone other than the text and WhatsApp.  When we cruised Royal Caribbean last Dec,  I set it up on both phones but usually I just logged in from my own phone for whatever we needed to get done.

I truly appreciate the experts on the board would forgive my questions and are willing to give Cliff Note style answers to those. 

TIA to you all!

I would just download it now as, you may have questions.  Go through your travel checklist and fill out everything, including the CC you want to use if it’s not in there. Then you can buy the MedallionNet internet and request your time and DR in the DMW section.

Yes, you can just use one smartphone if you want.  You use the same username and pw as on the website. You can access both of your accounts from your phone.  

If you’re leaving home 3 weeks before your cruise, the the OM ocean medallion won’t reach you.  It arrives about 14-10 days before departure.  So, go ahead and order it on the App and click the box to pick up at the port.

I prefer the App over the website version anyway.  You should still go on the cruise personalizer after 75 days before departure and print your luggage tags and the travel summary.

Thanks PacnGoNow for the prompt reply.

I notice the Ocean Ready screen on Princess site.  Can we use the same account credential to log in Ocean Ready website?  Or do we need to create yet another account?

On the Princess website, the User name is email address (each individual has own email address).  I assume this would be the same with the Medallion App?

I forgot about the 75 days threshold.  The final payment of this cruise is not due until August 19th.  I guess I would do the MedallionNet purchase after this date.

We dont need luggage tags since we only have carryons.   The nature of our trips trains us to travel very light.  A 20 to 21" carryon is more than enough.  The Travel Summary I usually download it to iPad Books as PDF. 

Thanks again.

@nho9504 It may not involve uploading proof of negative COVID-19 test result, but I would think it will still be highly likely that embarking passengers will have to complete some version of a health questionnaire 48 - 72 hours prior to boarding, which currently can only be done on the app as well.

18 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

Thanks PacnGoNow for the prompt reply.

I notice the Ocean Ready screen on Princess site.  Can we use the same account credential to log in Ocean Ready website?  Or do we need to create yet another account?

On the Princess website, the User name is email address (each individual has own email address).  I assume this would be the same with the Medallion App?

I forgot about the 75 days threshold.  The final payment of this cruise is not due until August 19th.  I guess I would do the MedallionNet purchase after this date.

We dont need luggage tags since we only have carryons.   The nature of our trips trains us to travel very light.  A 20 to 21" carryon is more than enough.  The Travel Summary I usually download it to iPad Books as PDF. 

Thanks again.

Yes, you each have a user name and pw on website and it’s the same on the App sign in and OceanReady on the cruise personalizer.  
You can download the App anytime.  You will have to accept the passage of contract and fill out the health questionnaire. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

@nho9504 It may not involve uploading proof of negative COVID-19 test result, but I would think it will still be highly likely that embarking passengers will have to complete some version of a health questionnaire 48 - 72 hours prior to boarding, which currently can only be done on the app as well.

I checked Princess website, currently for embarkation from Europe it said Antigen or PCR test within 72 hours are needed, updated in June.  Who knows what might be the requirement in Nov.   We can do it in London or in Rome.  We will fly from London to Rome on the day before sailing, Nov 16th.  Regal sails on Nov 17th. 

The health questionnaire would not be opened to fill until 72 or 48 hours before boarding I presume.   This was what RCL had done last Dec.  The health questionnaire was not activated until 2 days before boarding.  I gather if it isn't filled thru the app,  you can still show the test result at the pier, ditto the vaccination proof. 

On 7/3/2021 at 2:53 AM, CeCe_ said:

Interesting people would say thing like this to put people down.  

I didn’t see it like that it all,  it was quite funny mainly because some of us can relate to the buffet and the time we spend in there grazing….

6 hours ago, kamelia said:

I was also wondering once you have had a covid test within the stated time where do you submit the result before boarding ? 

12 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I checked Princess website, currently for embarkation from Europe it said Antigen or PCR test within 72 hours are needed, updated in June.  Who knows what might be the requirement in Nov.   We can do it in London or in Rome.  We will fly from London to Rome on the day before sailing, Nov 16th.  Regal sails on Nov 17th. 

The health questionnaire would not be opened to fill until 72 or 48 hours before boarding I presume.   This was what RCL had done last Dec.  The health questionnaire was not activated until 2 days before boarding.  I gather if it isn't filled thru the app,  you can still show the test result at the pier, ditto the vaccination proof. 

Interesting.  The Princess Website I see doesn't say 72 hours, it says 3 days, which of course is a bit less restrictive.  UK sailings are largely the same requirements.