Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

NEVER try and link a booking in the App.  

There has always been a couple of days (approx) delay between a booking change in POLAR and having it reflect in Princess (a.k.a. MC) App.  Just give it some time and the old booking will go away and the new one will appear.

Thanks.  I'll try to be patient and check again sometime next week.  There's nothing urgent I have to do in the app before then.  I don't care what seating I'll get in the MDR and the extra $25 for Internet access (if I decide to go with it at all) won't kill me.

On another thread, someone posted that the Apple version of Princess/MC App has been updated.

According to the Play Store, the Android version was updated to 3.0.106314 on Dec 5.  Lately, they have not been providing much detail on each change.  It just states "Bug fixes and improvements".

Based on reading some posts today, I think they got it wrong in the Play Store.  It should read "We just added some more bugs".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I've never been able to log in to the web-based version. I tried your method, and I still can't. I get a "this booking has already been claimed" message. 

When I get that message, I log out and login as DW, and it works. I can then also logout and login as myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

On another thread, someone posted that the Apple version of Princess/MC App has been updated.

According to the Play Store, the Android version was updated to 3.0.106314 on Dec 5.  Lately, they have not been providing much detail on each change.  It just states "Bug fixes and improvements".

Based on reading some posts today, I think they got it wrong in the Play Store.  It should read "We just added some more bugs".

while (1) {

release  "Bug fixes and improvements";

}

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

From Scott Adams:

"The Boss, Dilbert, Wally and Alice sit at a conference table. The Boss says, "Our goal is to write bug-free software. I'll pay a ten-dollar bonus for every bug you find and fix." Dilbert, Wally and Alice throw their arms up in excitement. Dilbert yells, "Yahoo!" Alice yells, "We're rich!" Wally yells, "Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!" The Boss says, "I hope this drives the right behavior." Wally says, "I'm gonna write me a new minivan this afternoon!"

a7c147a09fcd012f2fe600163e41dd5b

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/7/2022 at 11:03 AM, Steelers36 said:

There has always been a couple of days (approx) delay between a booking change in POLAR and having it reflect in Princess (a.k.a. MC) App.  Just give it some time and the old booking will go away and the new one will appear.

I wanted to follow up and say that I logged into my Medallion app and my issue was resolved - the old booking was nowhere to be seen, and I was able to see and manipulate my new booking.

Now a new issue has come up... I can't book onboard Internet access because, for some reason, it doesn't like the address I have on fine.  I tweaked it this way and that, but it's still not working for me.  I didn't change the CC on file yet or add another one; maybe I'll try one or the other sometime.  It's not a high priority for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Now a new issue has come up... I can't book onboard Internet access because, for some reason, it doesn't like the address I have on fine.  I tweaked it this way and that, but it's still not working for me.  I didn't change the CC on file yet or add another one; maybe I'll try one or the other sometime.  It's not a high priority for me.

UPDATE:  I tried again, and it went through.  All good.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 4:08 PM, Steelers36 said:

We find the Medallion Android app very slow and cumbersome. It took 3 minutes to connect to one link. Working around a day's activity schedule on  a smart phone screen allows no overview. And it's incomplete. For one time slot I got only a football game in repeated tries.  Give me dead timber analog. I didn't sign onto this cruise to spend time twiddling my thumbs on a keypad. 

4 hours ago, TravlingGato said:

We find the Medallion Android app very slow and cumbersome. It took 3 minutes to connect to one link. Working around a day's activity schedule on  a smart phone screen allows no overview. And it's incomplete. For one time slot I got only a football game in repeated tries.  Give me dead timber analog. I didn't sign onto this cruise to spend time twiddling my thumbs on a keypad. 

RE:  Princess Medallion App   SUBJECT:  Please be advised, the Medallion App is Worse than Useless  

Totally useless for reliable and accurate information, but good for a giggle every now and then.  I’m still trying to work out the logistics for this deviation from Coquimbo, Chile on December 18…

image.thumb.png.cd601fc716868ff0fa56cb3b88a6b141.png

I guess I deleted my ArriveCAN app prematurely. 🤪

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, jsn55 said:

RE:  Princess Medallion App   SUBJECT:  Please be advised, the Medallion App is Worse than Useless  

That being the case are you still able to use the Princess website to complete all your pre cruise data input, I cannot seem to find any way to access a cruise personaliser to do this?

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That being the case are you still able to use the Princess website to complete all your pre cruise data input, I cannot seem to find any way to access a cruise personaliser to do this?

You can use this link to access the Medallion app Ocean Ready functionality on the web: https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/  You'll be see these sections where you can upload your photo from your computer and manually enter you passport information:

image.png.f8ed5def8e0a289d20e5defb57dd0b82.png

BTW, if you're having trouble signing in on the app, or on this webpage, choose the option that allows you to sign in using your booking number instead of your login and password. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 4:15 PM, julie3fan said:

Have you tried rotating your phone?  I can't remember if the app will go landscape or not, but that sometimes works on other apps.  Or maybe hit the back button just once to get rid of the keypad?  Good luck!

Julie, thank you, the back button worked a treat, I must try and remember that for any future problems.

No idea why United Kingdom comes under G, other than possibly GB.   But why can't Carnival put USA, Canada, UK and any other country with large passenger numbers at the top of the list beats me?

• Like 3

Currently Green Lane for both DW and myself.

I tried to access Medallion Net to purchase wifi to obtain the discount (Elite). 

No Luck.  Also, I tried several early this times week.  Not successful.

Has anyone else been able to purchase wifi recently?

Also, I cannot order our medallions.  Any ideas what happening?  John

10 minutes ago, John99 said:

I tried to access Medallion Net to purchase wifi to obtain the discount (Elite). 

I'm only Platinum and I was able to purchase the WiFi for my upcoming cruise earlier this week.  It also took me several tries.  My story is in posts #4355 and 4356 above.  

I ordered my medallion without difficulty.  I didn't choose any extras and it will be waiting for me at the port.

33 minutes ago, John99 said:

Use a computer on the website.  The app is too buggy to mess with, and lots of things have to wait until you're on the ship anyway.  And sometimes Princess tells you that, but often you just have to bang away forever trying to figure out WTH is going on. If nothing works, just come back the next day ... and the next and the next ... until you get 'er done.  Princess' tech is maddening.  They should be ashamed of themselves.

This Medallion thing ... It's so small that it could easily get lost in a pocket; I plan on bringing a little something (about the size of a room key, what a good idea) to put it in so it doesn't disappear.  I'm certainly not wearing the thing on a lanyard.  

31 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

This Medallion thing ... It's so small that it could easily get lost in a pocket; I plan on bringing a little something (about the size of a room key, what a good idea) to put it in so it doesn't disappear.  I'm certainly not wearing the thing on a lanyard.  

My DH doesn't wear his on a lanyard, but he keeps the little detachable hook part on the medallion so he can more easily find it in his pocket.

• Like 1

Just used the Apple App, after failing to have the same sign in credentials for Sky Princess recognized on the web using Safari. Apart from booking reference, Captain’s Club, and our 2 names, no other information had been populated from the booking process. No email or address.  

The elite status for one of us wasn’t registered. 

Photographing  passports kinda sorta worked. It populated the First name field with first and middle names. The delete key didn’t make it happy. I had to manually input First Name for both. 
medallion was the correct colour.

Credit card input was manual, it didn’t allow accessing the saved information. 

Booking 2 dinner reservations was easy, for CG and Sabatini‘s, but the $29 upcharge had become $39, ouch!

Overall , the goal of being registered, and in Green status for checkin was achieved. It took 40 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2022 at 5:16 PM, jsn55 said:

Doesn't the medallion come in a plastic container to clip on lanyard? Just leave it in the container.

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Link My Booking

Is this new?  I enter my booking number and after 5 minutes of loading with no results, I disconnect. Is this normal? Does it take this long?

I never use any of the "Link my booking" things. They don't work. With the online version of the app I hit Cancel. It takes me to a login page. That fails to work and takes me back to the "Link my booking" page. I cancel again and it once again takes me to the login page. The second time it works and I get into the online version of the app. Incredibly lame but that's how it works for me. With the actual mobile app I don't ever use the "Link" option. I login with my user name and password and everything works fine.

• Like 1