Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

53 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

When we went out of San Pedro in Dec we needed to show either our passport or medallion to even enter the building.  Port security was checking for one or the other before allowing you in.

That’s why it’s always good to print your travel summary.  They can look at that too.  

• Like 1

Hi all,

How could you help me with Medallion's emergency return airport issue? I try to enter the nearest international airport, and the app says that "the airport in question does not correspond to my area of residence", so the app does not allow me to do that. What to do, the airport in question (one and only too) is less than an hour's drive from my home, but is in a different province here in Finland.

Having read so many awful reviews oc the app and the comments on this thread, I reluctantly downloaded the app yesterday as it's just under 2 weeks until we board Crown Princess. 

I had already completed all our details via Cruise Personaliser and much to my pleasant surprise, logged in to the app and all our details were there.

Managed to make some dining reservations and so far the app appears to be working correctly. 

Hopefully that will still be the same once on board. 🤞

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prefdavid said:

Having read so many awful reviews oc the app and the comments on this thread, I reluctantly downloaded the app yesterday as it's just under 2 weeks until we board Crown Princess. 

I had already completed all our details via Cruise Personaliser and much to my pleasant surprise, logged in to the app and all our details were there.

Managed to make some dining reservations and so far the app appears to be working correctly. 

We've taken 3 medallion cruises. About to take our 4th. I do all the prep for our cruises, & I've had very few problems. But I don't try to make dining reservations for the mdr or the specialty dining venues. I've read those can be troublesome. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Hi all,

How could you help me with Medallion's emergency return airport issue? I try to enter the nearest international airport, and the app says that "the airport in question does not correspond to my area of residence", so the app does not allow me to do that. What to do, the airport in question (one and only too) is less than an hour's drive from my home, but is in a different province here in Finland.

I can't give you the answer but I can tell you this is an issue that happened to people long before the advent of the Medallion or the app. I would suggest trying the Live Chat feature on the web site and also try searching this site.

8 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Hi all,

Originally, this App issue was because the phone number wasn’t entered correctly. Make sure you have your country code in plus the phone number. 
You may need to go through your personal information to see if it reads correctly, then try your emergency airport again.

Otherwise, you can call in to PCL for help or the Chat.

8 hours ago, Prefdavid said:

You have the right attitude ... do what you can, hope for the best, double-check everything, enjoy what the app can do once you've boarded.  As long as you get that green/QR code on your phone, you don't have to worry about it any more.  Just beaver along online and in the app, and pretty soon it will appear.  You can make lots of plans on the app, but they may or may not happen; all that has to be double-checked once you board.  We only made 4 MDR reservations, and 2 of them were screwed up.  Four shore excursions and two of them were wrong, one of them 3 times.  This app has been around a long time, it has huge flaws that never seem to get fixed.  The daily activities list is a joke, so cumbersome as to be almost unusable.  Some people have no problems with the whole scheme (so they say), others can't get much done at all.  You won't know which group you're in until you board, get settled, and try to do something on the app.  The app does have a sense of humor ... our last evening I ordered some cake and champagne to be delivered to our cabin.  After the order was confirmed, my screen turned bright green and I was instructed to 'hold it up in the air so the server could find me'.   Uh huh.  

Edited by jsn55
whosis
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, jsn55 said:

The daily activities list is a joke, so cumbersome as to be almost unusable. 

Agreed. Journey View is horrible. That's why I use the "old" listing. Open a browser window and go to shipname.princess.com (ex: ruby.princess.com) and you will get an easy to use listing of the day's activities. Sadly, you can't mark items there like you used to be able to do. It was convenient to just mark items to make your own list of what interested you for the day. Now if you try to mark something there it jumps you over to Journey View. Bleh...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Agreed. Journey View is horrible. That's why I use the "old" listing. Open a browser window and go to shipname.princess.com (ex: ruby.princess.com) and you will get an easy to use listing of the day's activities. Sadly, you can't mark items there like you used to be able to do. It was convenient to just mark items to make your own list of what interested you for the day. Now if you try to mark something there it jumps you over to Journey View. Bleh...

That’s what I use too.  Much easier than scrolling the journey view.  Or, just get the patter.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, 1965 said:

If I read correctly beginning in Dec. Princess will charge for shipping our medallions unless we buy a plus or premier pkg. I find that kind of annoying. 

If you order the free medallion and lanyard there is no cost for shipping.  I just ordered ours for a March 4 and May 6 cruise and the order totalled zero.  And I didn't buy Princess Plus or Premier.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seagypsea said:

If you order the free medallion and lanyard there is no cost for shipping.  I just ordered ours for a March 4 and May 6 cruise and the order totalled zero.  And I didn't buy Princess Plus or Premier.

Screenshot_20230205_100939_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, 1965 said:

Screenshot_20230205_100939_Chrome.jpg

I think it only applies if you are buying accessories or special medallions with something other than your loyalty color.  It's badly worded I think.  Accessories on board are more expensive.  For instance, the bracelet is $45 on the app and either $65 or $69 on the ship, so it's cheaper if you buy one and even more cheaper if you buy more because it's $10 no matter how many you buy.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, seagypsea said:

I think it only applies if you are buying accessories or special medallions with something other than your loyalty color.  It's badly worded I think.  Accessories on board are more expensive.  For instance, the bracelet is $45 on the app and either $65 or $69 on the ship, so it's cheaper if you buy one and even more cheaper if you buy more because it's $10 no matter how many you buy.

Thanks! I was confused. 😊

57 minutes ago, seagypsea said:

Sorry, this is not true per the FAQ #40 for the plus & premier cruise packages.  The change begins on 2/20.

What do you mean by free Medallion® device shipping? How does that work?
You will be receiving a complimentary Medallion device and lanyard as part of your cruise experience. For any guests with a Plus or Premier package, you may order these items delivered to your home (for U.S. guests only) for no extra shipping fees. If you do not have the package, you pay a $10 flat fee to have these delivered to your home. Or you could choose to pick them up at the departure port for no extra fees.

2 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Sorry, this is not true per the FAQ #40 for the plus & premier cruise packages.  The change begins on 2/20.

You will be receiving a complimentary Medallion device and lanyard as part of your cruise experience. For any guests with a Plus or Premier package, you may order these items delivered to your home (for U.S. guests only) for no extra shipping fees. If you do not have the package, you pay a $10 flat fee to have these delivered to your home. Or you could choose to pick them up at the departure port for no extra fees.

I guess it's true until 2/20 then.

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot and the lines to pick up medallions at the port will triple causing backups.

8 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Again, it’s the wording.  Maybe for orders effective Feb 20th?  Many have ordered before that and traveling after Feb 20th.

Another inconsistency.

5 minutes ago, seagypsea said:

I guess it's true until 2/20 then.

I think they are shooting themselves in the foot and the lines to pick up medallions at the port will triple causing backups.

It will be no different than when we had to pick up the cruise card at check in.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, seagypsea said:

That was the initial wording.  We’ll see if you order after Feb 20tn.

BTW, the gold/silver bracelets run small.

The large barely fit my wrist.  I would try them on first.  If you buy it ahead, though, you can exchange it onboard, no problem. Wasn’t any extra to exchange.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, Thrak said:

Service Temporarily Unavailable Is all I ever see.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:25 PM, Thrak said:

I can't give you the answer but I can tell you this is an issue that happened to people long before the advent of the Medallion or the app. I would suggest trying the Live Chat feature on the web site and also try searching this site.

Hi Thrak, It's Sallywiz....I'm trying to help a friend imput her air flight information so Princess has it and will be waiting for her at the airport for the shuttle to Southampton. She puts in all the info with the correct flight numbers and it gets kicked out saying it doesn't recognize the flight numbers. She called her airline to double check and they confirmed that the numbers she had were correct.  She called Princess and they had the same problem and I don't know if they offered a solution. Just wondered if you have a suggestion or who should she reach out to at Princess other than an agent. You always have good ideas! Thanks for any suggestions.

Live Chat was a big help to get Medallion app completed. 

After numerous attempts on various media, I tried Live Chat and was quickly provided a link that worked with booking number.

Not a problem last fall, this was so frustrating for March 3 cruise. 

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I can't read through 183 pages!  Filled in all 'Ocean Ready' info twice on the Medallion app, it won't save anything and I've double checked it.  Also tried twice on the web, same thing.  After almost an hour, I've had it!  How can I print a boarding pass and luggage tags without going into this medallion trauma?

Do you have to have a medallion?  No way I'm wearing anything on a lanyard around my neck!

Have done 50 cruises but haven't travelled with Princess for many years, looks like this may be the last time.

Cruise is in June on Regal.

Thanks for any comments and excuse me blowing off steam!

My cruise is AFTER 2/20.  Tried to order Medallion 1/30. No dice. $10 or pick it up at the pier.  Many have tried and succeeded.  Many have tried and failed.  I will never understand why I am not the chosen one.  Did not order any accessories.  

Edited….well, smh and hog tie me…..

Went back in, canceled pick up at pier, and re-ordered.  Didn’t charge me.  And I have a screen shot!  It’s being mailed to me with zero shipping and handling charge….so far.  

Edited by cr8tiv1