Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

7 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already but I can't read through 183 pages!  Filled in all 'Ocean Ready' info twice on the Medallion app, it won't save anything and I've double checked it.  Also tried twice on the web, same thing.  After almost an hour, I've had it!  How can I print a boarding pass and luggage tags without going into this medallion trauma?

Do you have to have a medallion?  No way I'm wearing anything on a lanyard around my neck!

Have done 50 cruises but haven't travelled with Princess for many years, looks like this may be the last time.

Cruise is in June on Regal.

Thanks for any comments and excuse me blowing off steam!

The Medallion App is, unbelievably, much improved over the past 18 months but some still have significant problems with it.  Describe your specific problems and someone may be able to help (there are lots of answers in these 4500+ posts).  Using the Medallion on board is less problematic and some of us (we included) give it very high marks. If you can't get it set up on your own, the check-in personnel at the port will assist.

The Medallion is your boarding pass but we still bring a copy of our travel summary from the on-line Personalizer's Check-In section (have never had to use it but I believe in being better safe than sorry).

Luggage tags are also printed off from the that section of the Personalizer.

Medallions do not need to be worn around your neck.  They can be on your wrist, in your pocket etc.  You do need them to go thru security and open your cabin door.  I have read that some passengers have successfully requested the old card from Passenger Services on some ships after boarding.

22 hours ago, sallywiz said:

Hi Thrak, It's Sallywiz....I'm trying to help a friend imput her air flight information so Princess has it and will be waiting for her at the airport for the shuttle to Southampton. She puts in all the info with the correct flight numbers and it gets kicked out saying it doesn't recognize the flight numbers. She called her airline to double check and they confirmed that the numbers she had were correct.  She called Princess and they had the same problem and I don't know if they offered a solution. Just wondered if you have a suggestion or who should she reach out to at Princess other than an agent. You always have good ideas! Thanks for any suggestions.

I don't really know what to tell you. From your wording it sounds as if she booked directly with the airline and is trying to enter her info on the Princess site. Is that correct? Is she using this input area in the Personalizer? Is she certain she is not misreading the flight number? (I know that sounds weird but I have done it myself. I find it's sometimes better to copy and paste things like flight numbers.) Another thing to look at is the DATE format. If she's getting a date that is not in the US format -- month/day/year - but is actually in the format used most other places - day/month/year - she may simply be inputting the incorrect date.

================

image.thumb.png.8b4fc65bbcdeae3d23bd9e0c01d9044f.png

======================

If she booked directly with the airline I don't know that it would help to contact the EZ Air people. They might tell her to bug off but they might be able to tell her what the problem is. Sometimes one can get help from a person who's job isn't necessarily to deal with the specific question but who does have insight into the issue.

Here is a number I snagged a while back from somebody else's post. It wasn't that long ago so the number should, hopefully, be good.

Number to call for issues or assistance with Princess EZ Air: 800 545 0008

Edited by Thrak
Edited to add the BOLD information regarding Date Format

@sallywizHi, I might have a suggestion for your friend.  If she has more than one flight segment to get to the port, is she entering each of those separately or is she trying to just put the beginning city of her trip and the ending port city?  I have found that when entering my private flights I must put in each flight segment separately or it does not recognize any of the information.  Just a thought.  I made that mistake the first time I tried to complete the info.  Hope you figure it out for them.

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't really know what to tell you. From your wording it sounds as if she booked directly with the airline and is trying to enter her info on the Princess site. Is that correct? Is she using this input area in the Personalizer?

Thanks Thrak. I passed your suggestions along to my friend.

@sallywiz One more possibility - have her put in just the final flight to the destination port and only the departing flight, not the whole itinerary.  That's worked for me in the past.

Example, although my trip originates with a flight from Tampa to Chicago and then the next flight is from Chicago to Vancouver, I only enter the Chicago to Vancouver inbound to the ship and then just the outbound Vancouver to Chicago details leaving the ship.

Edited by kamelia
clarification
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kamelia said:

@sallywiz One more possibility - have her put in just the final flight to the destination port and only the departing flight, not the whole itinerary.  That's worked for me in the past.

Example, although my trip originates with a flight from Tampa to Chicago and then the next flight is from Chicago to Vancouver, I only enter the Chicago to Vancouver inbound to the ship and then just the outbound Vancouver to Chicago details leaving the ship.

Thank you. I will give her that suggestion.

14 hours ago, capriccio said:

The Medallion App is, unbelievably, much improved over the past 18 months but some still have significant problems with it.  Describe your specific problems and someone may be able to help (there are lots of answers in these 4500+ posts).  Using the Medallion on board is less problematic and some of us (we included) give it very high marks. If you can't get it set up on your own, the check-in personnel at the port will assist.

The Medallion is your boarding pass but we still bring a copy of our travel summary from the on-line Personalizer's Check-In section (have never had to use it but I believe in being better safe than sorry).

Luggage tags are also printed off from the that section of the Personalizer.

Medallions do not need to be worn around your neck.  They can be on your wrist, in your pocket etc.  You do need them to go thru security and open your cabin door.  I have read that some passengers have successfully requested the old card from Passenger Services on some ships after boarding.

Thanks.  The exact problem is that I enter all the details and on both the web site and app, the 'Save' button is greyed out.  As per my original post, I've done it twice on the web and twice on the app, carefully checked each time, and it's always the same, greyed out 'Save' button.

4 minutes ago, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks.  The exact problem is that I enter all the details and on both the web site and app, the 'Save' button is greyed out.  As per my original post, I've done it twice on the web and twice on the app, carefully checked each time, and it's always the same, greyed out 'Save' button.

In my experience and in some of the prior responses in this thread the “save” button will not work if something is missing or something is entered incorrectly.  Since you said you have completed everything I would check what you entered.  In my case I had entered the phone number wrong.  You need the country code.  Also some have said that there cannot be a “space” entered before or after any entries.  Check both of those things.  Oh and I also did not have my emergency contact entered for both me and my husband.  Good luck.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

In my experience and in some of the prior responses in this thread the “save” button will not work if something is missing or something is entered incorrectly.  Since you said you have completed everything I would check what you entered.  In my case I had entered the phone number wrong.  You need the country code.  Also some have said that there cannot be a “space” entered before or after any entries.  Check both of those things.  Oh and I also did not have my emergency contact entered for both me and my husband.  Good luck.

Thanks and this makes sense.  But I did double check everything.  It was difficult to get my country code (for Australia) to be accepted but it did eventually.  And I entered the emergency details for us both several times.  When I have more time (and patience with it!) I'll try again.

Used the app for Australia cruise in November. It was fine on ship but a royal pain to input, especially photos. Yesterday,  tried to check in for May cruise. Scanned in passport. Accepted, but could not save as the prompt said invalid first name. Tried to manually input but with same result.  Called Princess and got someone overseas who could barely understand English( took 5 minutes for him to understand confirmation letters). Sounded like it was a call center soliciting for timeshares. After 20 minutes, "agent" was able to input and I got tge green boarding pass..

Not a pleasant experience. 

On 2/7/2023 at 10:50 PM, cruisingaussies said:

Thanks and this makes sense.  But I did double check everything.  It was difficult to get my country code (for Australia) to be accepted but it did eventually.  And I entered the emergency details for us both several times.  When I have more time (and patience with it!) I'll try again.

Hopefully you'll get it to work.  I had the worse time this time and kept going back and forth between the app and the web version.  It was finally happy and we're green lane now.  There are so many useful things on the app when on board so please call the tech support to help if you can't get it working. 

Try and call during California hours as you're more likely to get someone whose first language is English.  Just FYI I left the cabin early one morning and left my medallion in the cabin.  I went to guest services and she programmed a key card so I could get back in my cabin, so they do have them.

20 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

How does one find the digital boarding pass on the Medallion App?

Do all of your checkin steps including ordering a medallion, even if it’s picknup at port.

Lastly, pick your arrivals time, loaded 59-12 days before sailing.  Once you pick one, you’ll get green box with QR code.

That’s basically the digital BP.  If you don’t get it, no worries.  They don’t usually look at it.  But, they do know if you’ve done your checkin.  

Only takes a few mins to check in at the port, if need be.

6 hours ago, seagypsea said:

Hopefully you'll get it to work.  I had the worse time this time and kept going back and forth between the app and the web version.  It was finally happy and we're green lane now.  There are so many useful things on the app when on board so please call the tech support to help if you can't get it working. 

Try and call during California hours as you're more likely to get someone whose first language is English.  Just FYI I left the cabin early one morning and left my medallion in the cabin.  I went to guest services and she programmed a key card so I could get back in my cabin, so they do have them.

As per my previous posts, I in-put and double, even triple checked that all the information was correct, several times, for DH and myself, on the app and on the website.  It was very difficult to get the app/web site to accept anything other than +1 as country code, but I eventually did it.  Still not able to save

Our TA said there are 'currently' problems with the app and to just turn up with their, and Princess' confirmations, which is what we're going to do, at a time that suits us.  If we have to wait a while to board, so be it.  I'm putting together a 10 week trip to Europe, leaving in about seven weeks, I don't have any more time to waste on something that has caused thousands of people a lot of stress.  Obviously, the Medallion system/app was flawed from the very beginning, I don't know why Princess just don't wake up and admit it, junk it and start again.

We're heading towards 50+ cruises, mainly Celebrity, Seabourn, Azamara, and I've never experienced problems like this before.  It does at least make me feel better that thousands of others have had difficulties as well.  If you're expected to go through all of this every time you sail with Princess, this will definitely be our last time.

Again, please excuse me letting off steam!

• Like 1

Hello, we don't use the app thankfully a nice person on DC told me about the web version on our booking. My question is our medallions, these came in two weeks prior to our cruise last Oct. we didn't pay for these, nothing special. But I seeing people are being charged now? We booked this Aug. trip last year will we get a charge on board or added at final payment in May? 

Also we fly to Venice a week before the cruise if they don't get here before then will we get second set at the port? Would we be charged for them?

Silly to think of this when we spend so much on the cruise, but not a fan of surprises.

32 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Hello, we don't use the app thankfully a nice person on DC told me about the web version on our booking. My question is our medallions, these came in two weeks prior to our cruise last Oct. we didn't pay for these, nothing special. But I seeing people are being charged now? We booked this Aug. trip last year will we get a charge on board or added at final payment in May? 

Also we fly to Venice a week before the cruise if they don't get here before then will we get second set at the port? Would we be charged for them?

Silly to think of this when we spend so much on the cruise, but not a fan of surprises.

Might be easiest to just pick up the Medallions at the pier, so you don't pay the $10 shipping charge (if applicable) and then not get them before you leave home.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I ordered them, without any extra accessories, just the free medallion/lanyard and it shows 0 charge.  So, there should not be any charges.  I’ve heard many others say they were not charged either.  Maybe if you order after Feb 20th?  

Go ahead and order them now, to be shipped, you should see 0 balance due.

They have been mailing them about 16-14 days before, so you should get them before you leave home.  If not, no big deal, you will pick them up at the port, and no, there is not a charge for them to pick up at the port.

I’d much rather have them ahead of time, but that’s just me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They have been mailing them about 16-14 days before, so you should get them before you leave home.  If not, no big deal, you will pick them up at the port, and no, there is not a charge for them to pick up at the port.

The issue is that if you order them to be delivered to your home, but do not collect them, Princess will not have personalised medallions ready and waiting for you at the port. Yes, they will sort out new ones for you, but this takes a certain amount of time.

Personally,  I would ask for the Medallions to be ready for collection at the port.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Once I realized that the medallion thing was hopeless, I asked to pick them up at SF pier.  Alas, the checkin guy wrote the wrong cabin on our paperwork ...  so much for getting that 'green code' on my phone, it helped not a bit.  Nobody knew what to do; they sent us to customer service where the line disappeared down the corridor.  I flagged down an officer who went back to checkin and found them.  Took us an extra 90 minutes to get to our cabin.  

What I don't understand is how Princess can continue to torture its customers year after year.  After fighting with the medallion for months, pax board with a 'chip on their shoulders' and it takes conscious effort to get back in the good cruising mood.  I suppose it will take them years to figure out that people cruise once with Princess and never come back ... but they'll just lower the fares and fill the ships.  So why should they bother with their broken technology?  Good IT people are expensive.

• Like 2