Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

42 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

So did you fill out the Travel Info section?  It requires things like Company Name and Confirmation Number.  Seem like TA stuff.  

Just went back in and we're Green so I'm not going to worry about it.

I thought the Travel Info stuff was more for if you had a flight booked to get there or a bus or even a train, perhaps I’m wrong on that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I thought the Travel Info stuff was more for if you had a flight booked to get there or a bus or even a train, perhaps I’m wrong on that. 

That's a good guess.  I don't recall seeing it for our last cruise earlier this month.  But we're Green so I'll leave it be.

18 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

That's a good guess.  I don't recall seeing it for our last cruise earlier this month.  But we're Green so I'll leave it be.

That’s what I was going to do, if we get to the end when all health etc stuff is filled it and it still isn’t showing blue I will just put an estimated leaving time etc in . I assumed it didn’t have to be filled in as the next section was if you have a celebration when on board. So I skipped that bit as well as we haven’t for this cruise. 

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

What's this Travel Information section on the App?  I don't recall doing that before and it's requiring a bunch of garbage like Company Name and Confirmation Number. 

When I filled my info out (about 5 weeks ago) it showed those fields mandatory, even though I was driving to the port.  I filled in Myself for company name and XYZ for confirmation #.  The celebration field was also mandatory at the time, so even though I retired almost 20 years ago, I marked I was celebrating my retirement.  I was disappointed they failed to bring my free dessert on the indicated date!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

What's this Travel Information section on the App?  I don't recall doing that before and it's requiring a bunch of garbage like Company Name and Confirmation Number. 

When I filled my info out (about 5 weeks ago) it showed those fields mandatory, even though I was driving to the port.  I filled in Myself for company name and XYZ for confirmation #.  The celebration field was also mandatory at the time, so even though I retired almost 20 years ago, I marked I was celebrating my retirement.  I was disappointed they failed to bring my free dessert on the indicated date!

6 hours ago, amajaa said:

I have a few questions please .

In My Profile I want to change the e-mail address for the contact ID to my hotmail as when onboard I may not be able to log into my home e-mail. It lets me change it, I click done and then it doesn’t save it. How do I get it to save it?

This is a wild guess, there is a known problem that it will not let you SAVE if you do not have Country Code as part of phone number.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

This is a wild guess, there is a known problem that it will not let you SAVE if you do not have Country Code as part of phone number.

I put a country code +44 and it accepted it before I tried changing e-mail. It let me change my e - mail before I posted on my actual cruise as I had put my husband’s down and I thought it might confuse if he had the same one . It was in the My Account then My Profile it won’t let me. 

I know I've read the answer to my question multiple times in the 102 pages of this thread, but do you think I can find it now.... of course not!!

My husband and I are FINALLY able to access the Medallion app for our April 2nd sailing.  In the travel documents section, when we try to select the passport they have in their system we keep getting "First name/dob not matching your profile data".  How do I fix it?

1 hour ago, 487 said:

I know I've read the answer to my question multiple times in the 102 pages of this thread, but do you think I can find it now.... of course not!!

My husband and I are FINALLY able to access the Medallion app for our April 2nd sailing.  In the travel documents section, when we try to select the passport they have in their system we keep getting "First name/dob not matching your profile data".  How do I fix it?

Have you tried using the web-based version of the app? You can access Travel Documents there.

Just a note for others struggling, although there seems to be no rhyme or reason and what worked for me won't be an option for all, or work for all . . .

I tried various times for at least a month on my android phone and on the web app to get security photos to load, always getting that dreaded 'can't save' error.  I tried unintall/reinstall, different browers, chatting with Princess online, etc.  The option to take a photo never came up, only to load one. 

I finally broke down today and downloaded the app on my work iPhone.  Tried to load from a file . . . nothing doing.  However, on the iPhone I got the option to use the camera to take a photo, and lo and behold, that worked, and we are now all green lane due to the magic of taking photos of photos on my computer screen.😁  It doesn't seem like it should be that hard, but I feel pretty triumphant that I finally beat the app today! (even if it was on the iPhone that I normally detest!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Have you tried using the web-based version of the app? You can access Travel Documents there.

I did, got the same message.  I thought I read on earlier posts it has something to do with the middle name.  Trouble is I can't remember what the solution was or if that was for adding credit cards. 

53 minutes ago, 487 said:

I did, got the same message.  I thought I read on earlier posts it has something to do with the middle name.  Trouble is I can't remember what the solution was or if that was for adding credit cards. 

Go through ALL of your info (whatever you've managed to add) & look for errors. Try: phone # (must have country code), full name (with middle name initial, full name, etc), address, home airport, emergency contact name/email/phone #, etc. Look for any glitches.

Just to add something a little encouraging, after getting everything right with the app for our first cruise everything except credit card and dining preferences has defaulted in for the subsequent cruises.  I know that may not seem like much but it saves a headache or three.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

It’s only been 9 days since the most recent Apple iOS app update & here is another one.

38C804C8-78F0-4946-8DA0-D2A765DFDC56.jpeg

What was the date of this update.  Mine shows 19 Mar update to version 3.9

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

It was available on 3/24.

I tried to update on 3/23, but update wasn’t working - guess we know why.  3/19 update, and then realizing you need to update your update within a day or two….  Their QA is really bad!

(Wish my company was okay with Princesses standards!  🥴)

After initially using the App I have stayed away from it  because of all reported problems and no perceived value. Decided to go to pier with paperwork as before. My curiosity got the better of me, so I tried to complete the final step and fill in payment details. Everything seems to go OK, Save and Continue. Card Owner Name is Grayed Out and still Red ! for that item on personal info. I did not put card info in for Shoreside. Could that be the problem?

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

After initially using the App I have stayed away from it  because of all reported problems and no perceived value. Decided to go to pier with paperwork as before. My curiosity got the better of me, so I tried to complete the final step and fill in payment details. Everything seems to go OK, Save and Continue. Card Owner Name is Grayed Out and still Red ! for that item on personal info. I did not put card info in for Shoreside. Could that be the problem?

Doubt it as we are not using Shoreside option.  My only issue is DMW availability.

ETA - I meant availability of table space and times in DMW.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

This will sound stupid but... Do you have a country code in your phone number?  Many have reported that entering a country code in their phone number has made other things work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This will sound stupid but... Do you have a country code in your phone number?  Many have reported that entering a country code in their phone number has made other things work.

OK problem solved; I went through inputting info one more time and after 'Save Continue' I noticed the card details showing just last digits. There was a 'Select' button, clicked that and everything Green 🙂

Strange that after inputting details and saving that there is an extra step to SELECT the card you just entered??????

• Like 2