Paper FunTimes only at Guest Services

naxer

I keep them. I have a folder for every cruise and I keep all sorts of stuff from the cruise in them. I can look back and see what motel I stayed in the night before,how much I paid for the cruise and motel and other expenses I had. I am old fashioned that way.

Laura

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, mpacker said:

i'd say there are a lot more ways to save waste than the 2 sheets of paper 🙂

2 sheets of paper times the number of cabins times the number of sailings per year times the number of ships adds up. I'll let someone else do the math.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you think of all the paper waste that accumulates from this, it only makes sense to stop it. They would put two in my cabin every day. My boyfriend's would go straight in the trash. I'd only want the front page and the perforated schedule. So long as they keep them on the big grab and go racks at Customer Service so people who want them can easily get them, I think this is terrific. Less waste! Less trash! Yay!

• Like 2

Knowing how awesome Carnival room stewards are, I'm sure this is one of those requests you can make of them and magically you will have a Fun Times in your mailbox or on your bed after evening turndown service.  Just give them a tip!

• Like 3

I've often found discrepancies between he paper copies and the hub version. Not as often, also discrepancies between the paper MDR menus (what is actually being served) and what is on the Hub. The paper is usually the more correct.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Thanks for posting.  I'm glad I read this.  I keep a paper copy for my scrapbooking.

Yes.  I also photograph mine to divide up days on my camera roll (when I don't use my cell phone) so I know what days I took the pics for my scrapbook.  

Edited by LadyMac72
clarity

I also keep them as souvenirs of our trips. 

But most importantly, these have resolved many $20 bets in our family that usually start with  “Hey, we’ve seen this horrible comedian hypnotist before.”

Once you leave the ship, the Hub App is absolutely useless for saving memories. On recent cruises, you were able to download them as a daily PDF file - I hope that’s still possible. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cmukid87 said:

Knowing how awesome Carnival room stewards are, I'm sure this is one of those requests you can make of them and magically you will have a Fun Times in your mailbox or on your bed after evening turndown service.  Just give them a tip!

this is EXACTLY what I was thinking...  the room stewards are amazing and I feel like they'd definitely do that for you if they found that you wanted the paper copy every day.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I've often found discrepancies between he paper copies and the hub version. Not as often, also discrepancies between the paper MDR menus (what is actually being served) and what is on the Hub. The paper is usually the more correct.

i also noticed this too with the MDR. It is very disappointing to  see something i want on the hub MDR menu and then disappointed when i get the actual menu when i sit down at the MDR 

7 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Not sure what all you use for scrap booking, but he noted that the printed version will only be one page, basically the tear off schedule for the day from the previous version.  The full information will only be on the app.

Sometimes I don't get to scrap the cruise right away so I go back and review the fun times to see what we did on that ship.  I cut out the port names and the movies.  Or if I won a ship on a stick, the event I did it at.

2 hours ago, crooooze said:

Once you leave the ship, the Hub App is absolutely useless for saving memories. On recent cruises, you were able to download them as a daily PDF file - I hope that’s still possible. 

I didn't know this.  I'm still learning new stuff after 16 cruises!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crooooze said:

You actually don’t need the Hub app. Just connect your phone or tablet to the ship WiFi and go to this URL:

http://fhma.cclfunhub.com/~/media/files/documents/funtimes.pdf.

Thanks for the tip.  We always carried a paper copy of the Funtimes while in port because it had the contact info for the port agent in case of emergency.  The Hub app will be useless once you are a few hundred yards away from the ship and cannot connect to the ship's WiFi. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

He also noted that it will not be the full previous version, but only the events of the day feature page.

This ^^^ JH said corporate is referring to the desk copies as a " one sheet." The back of the one sheet will probably look this:

di.jpg

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, TomCruise48 said:

Thanks for the tip.  We always carried a paper copy of the Funtimes while in port because it had the contact info for the port agent in case of emergency.  The Hub app will be useless once you are a few hundred yards away from the ship and cannot connect to the ship's WiFi. 

You can take a screen shot of the numbers and times pages.

• Like 3