Updated Information for those Sailing Soon

LAFFNVEGAS

Well, I've tried all the tips and info above, and STILL not getting anything useful. Now trying to reinstall the app on my iPad; already tried it on the phone with not much change...

• Like 1

Logging out and deleting the app and then

re downloading the app seemed to help. My excursions are now showing.  My cruise is still too far away to see dining menus so I’m excited to see reports from those sailing soon.

Thank you for the advice everyone. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Added space

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Logging out and deleting the app and then

re downloading the app seemed to help. My excursions are now showing.  My cruise is still too far away to see dining menus so I’m excited to see reports from those sailing soon.

Thank you for the advice everyone. 

Where do you look to see the booked excursions? Under "shore excursions" I can only see the offerings, not my purchases. Under "itinerary"  I get only a list of the days and ports. My re-installation of the app did not improve anything. My cruise is in August...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PSR said:

Where do you look to see the booked excursions? Under "shore excursions" I can only see the offerings, not my purchases. Under "itinerary"  I get only a list of the days and ports. My re-installation of the app did not improve anything. My cruise is in August...

Booked excursions and dinners should appear on the my itinerary.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PSR said:

Use the “plan” function then select “itinerary” and go day by day, you have to select the days by tapping the arrow, and it should show up under that day. 

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Use the “plan” function then select “itinerary” and go day by day, you have to select the days by tapping the arrow, and it should show up under that day. 

I wish mine was working, like I mentioned before several weeks ago this function did work then it just quit. Just now I deleted from my phone and reinstalled and it still says "Come bck closer to your cruise to plan your itinerary" None of my  shore excursions or dining reservations show. It does say my journey starts in 9 days, since it is 9 days till we arrive in Seattle. When I first hit the plan button and set it to a day I have a shore excursions it flashes gray boxes like it is going to show my activities but then says the Come Back.....

20 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I wish mine was working, like I mentioned before several weeks ago this function did work then it just quit. Just now I deleted from my phone and reinstalled and it still says "Come bck closer to your cruise to plan your itinerary" None of my  shore excursions or dining reservations show. It does say my journey starts in 9 days, since it is 9 days till we arrive in Seattle. When I first hit the plan button and set it to a day I have a shore excursions it flashes gray boxes like it is going to show my activities but then says the Come Back.....

What about just going on the holland America website, Lisa to confirm or book or even check in?

Hopefully your Navigator is working before you board 🤞 

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

What about just going on the holland America website, Lisa to confirm or book or even check in?

Hopefully your Navigator is working before you board 🤞 

Jacqui, yes I have been doing that, it is just a bit frustrating that so many others are having no problems with the app. It's really not a big deal just trying to figure out why.

1 minute ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Jacqui, yes I have been doing that, it is just a bit frustrating that so many others are having no problems with the app. It's really not a big deal just trying to figure out why.

Did you try signing out and then signing back in?   I had to reinstall a couple of times, making sure I signed out.   It finally took.  Also, sometimes after to reinstall, it helps to reboot the phone.  When something doesn't work, I always try rebooting.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I don’t blame you for being frustrated.  Seth and his Navigator IT people said they were working on it frantically and expected it to be fixed soon.

Now, my faith in HAL’S IT department is not that great but I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you and everyone else that want to use the app.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I'm getting the same message as you.   All is correct in My Itinerary in the Booking so everything will probably  show up once we log in to Ship's Wi-fi.   🤞 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dfish said:

Did you try signing out and then signing back in?   I had to reinstall a couple of times, making sure I signed out.   It finally took.  Also, sometimes after to reinstall, it helps to reboot the phone.  When something doesn't work, I always try rebooting.

Debbie, yes, I always go to the Account and sign out each time I use it. And yes after deleting and reinstalling I have also shut down phone and iPad. Still nothing. Oh well will have to wait and see if it changes in the next few days. I wanted to try using the wallet feature for the boarding pass.

Now the other thing that is also a problem with my computer is booking Spa Appointments.   Both computer and app lets you attempt to purchase the spa treatment but it will not process.

The updated Navigator shows all my current bookings including the itinerary dates for Oct 10 Rotterdam that they cancelled June 2.  It still appears in my website account including the ability to pay as the previous cancelled ones did until refunded.   Navigator also says to come back closer to cruise to plan itinerary.   Oct 20 and Nov 3 Rotterdam are listed but no ability to see any info.  

Amazing that they would make a big deal of hurrying to announce the updated Navigator and encouraging use and then admitting live that not all of it was actually working!  I guess we really shouldn't be surprised as their IT is always poor.  Rather insulting that they think we wouldn't know any better!  All my family including myself have extensive IT experience and would never roll out a new product until it was truly ready.  

15 minutes ago, tamsno said:

Amazing that they would make a big deal of hurrying to announce the updated Navigator and encouraging use and then admitting live that not all of it was actually working!  I guess we really shouldn't be surprised as their IT is always poor.  Rather insulting that they think we wouldn't know any better!  All my family including myself have extensive IT experience and would never roll out a new product until it was truly ready

I so agree with you.  And to do a live feed telling everyone what it can do when it doesn’t work properly for everyone?  Absysmal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Debbie, yes, I always go to the Account and sign out each time I use it. And yes after deleting and reinstalling I have also shut down phone and iPad. Still nothing. Oh well will have to wait and see if it changes in the next few days. I wanted to try using the wallet feature for the boarding pass.

Now the other thing that is also a problem with my computer is booking Spa Appointments.   Both computer and app lets you attempt to purchase the spa treatment but it will not process.

Wow, what a mess.   I had a few problems yesterday when everyone else did and they admitted there was an issue, but it was back working by last evening.   I'm sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.  It will turn out to be something simple that most of us won't think of because we aren't versed in IT.   

Speaking of Spa Appointments....I do normally have at least one treatment in the Green House Spa. I normally try to do it a port day when they have special pricing. What I do not remember from the past and this appears to be brand new (someone correct me if I am wrong) but I am showing some very low prices for treatments to be reserved in advance on port days and times that are not peak spa appointment times. Of course since my Navigator App does not want to be up to date I called Ship Services. The times it showed available on my Navigator App of course were not correct or I should say available but I did select a different time and got a 75 minute massage for $151.00. Even my favorite Spa in Las Vegas is not that cheap. From what I could gather from Ship Services is that they do have these as reduced  to pre purchase and that the prices may not be offered that low on board.

So if you like to get Spa Treatments it is worth a look at what you may want and see what specials they are offering. This has worked well for this first cruise for me but my September cruise I have a LOT of Ship Board credit so will need to wait till we are on board to book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tamsno said:

Amazing that they would make a big deal of hurrying to announce the updated Navigator and encouraging use and then admitting live that not all of it was actually working!  I guess we really shouldn't be surprised as their IT is always poor.  Rather insulting that they think we wouldn't know any better!  All my family including myself have extensive IT experience and would never roll out a new product until it was truly ready.  

Since we’ll be Onboard in 10 Days I found the update very informative.  We’ve been using the Navigator App since they rolled it out and was happy to have the opportunity to learn about the Enhancements before Boarding. For us, it was not a waste of time!  

If by chance they don’t have everything up and working for our Cruise, who cares!  We’ll be Cruising for the first time since Debarking the NS on March 1, 2020!  WooHoo!  Life is Good!  😀🛳😀

• Like 2

So frustrating as I have never been able to login to the app. Just get “an error has occurred”. I have deleted, reinstalled numerous times. Reset my ipad, still no luck. Hoping it will magically work before we board 8/21.

43 minutes ago, PSR said:

I am still having the same problems as LAFFNVEGAS, next will try a reboot...Thank goodness we can still do everything on the computer! 

I can't see anything on the navigator app but it is all on my itinerary at the hollandamerica.com web page online.  I called dining today to book promotional dining for our 2 bookings on the 31st of July.  I had to be transferred to ship services as the agent was unable to book it.  The person I spoke with said they had a computer "bug" with their just added computer system and they have figured our the problem.  She suggested just logging in to the web site for now, and the itinerary, hotels dining and shore excursions should show up.  They did.  

• Like 1

Post Cruise COVID Test - At-Home (Pre-Flight Hotel) self tests

Our first cruise is to Alaska (All US Ports), but our second cruise this year will be to foreign lands with a Post-Cruise stay for several days. Was trying to figure out how to get the tests needed for return flight to the US. Not sure how/if the cruise line will have end of cruise testing - or how that will work with thousands of cruisers needing tests done right at the end of the cruise. Gonna be...interesting- especially as different test have different time-line for acceptability - and probably different country to country.

Found a article on the (now approved) home test, several that are available, and how they work. Should make it easier to do in the hotel as our foreign travels come to an end. Several test types/suppliers discussed. Detailed screen shots on how to do it - seems reasonable/doable.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/abbott-at-home-covid-test/

I am a big "Just in Case" guy. I know/suspect most major airlines/airports have quick on-site testing capabilities on-site, but the news piece  I watched last night had the costs for those upwards of $200 each - and no discussion as to the length of the line of people waiting to get it done. I would prefer to have it done in my hotel room before heading to the airport, then the facilities at the airport are "Just in Case". Several airlines are stated as accepting these tests (I would certainly verify this). Also have to watch the expiration dates for the tests. As always YMMV.

41 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Post Cruise COVID Test - At-Home (Pre-Flight Hotel) self tests

Our first cruise is to Alaska (All US Ports), but our second cruise this year will be to foreign lands with a Post-Cruise stay for several days. Was trying to figure out how to get the tests needed for return flight to the US. Not sure how/if the cruise line will have end of cruise testing - or how that will work with thousands of cruisers needing tests done right at the end of the cruise. Gonna be...interesting- especially as different test have different time-line for acceptability - and probably different country to country.

Found a article on the (now approved) home test, several that are available, and how they work. Should make it easier to do in the hotel as our foreign travels come to an end. Several test types/suppliers discussed. Detailed screen shots on how to do it - seems reasonable/doable.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/abbott-at-home-covid-test/

I am a big "Just in Case" guy. I know/suspect most major airlines/airports have quick on-site testing capabilities on-site, but the news piece  I watched last night had the costs for those upwards of $200 each - and no discussion as to the length of the line of people waiting to get it done. I would prefer to have it done in my hotel room before heading to the airport, then the facilities at the airport are "Just in Case". Several airlines are stated as accepting these tests (I would certainly verify this). Also have to watch the expiration dates for the tests. As always YMMV.

Thanks for your post.   This return-home testing is a very real consideration.

A friend who vacations in Mexico a lot said the hotels there are providing tests on-site for guests returning back to U.S.  Very easy and convenient.  

I am guessing that cruise lines will provide the testing service onboard for those who have booked post-travel with them.  Maybe to everyone, although I'm not that optimistic.  And, as you, say, there will be a cost for the convenience.

This is definitely another thing to factor into travel plans.  Again, thanks for posting.

I am pretty sure different Cruise lines have different approaches...about 2 minutes ago I got a notice from RCCL for a (now self-cancelled) cruise out of Galveston scheduled for Mid-August. Here is their approach to start & end of Cruise testing. (Note: This cruise now requires vaccinations for 12 and older)

"At the terminal: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a PCR test for COVID-19 when checking in. Registration details for this test will be sent via email in advance."

Prior to disembarking: Unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take an antigen test onboard within 24 hours of the end of voyage. Vaccinated guests who require an antigen or PCR test for entry into their destination country may receive one onboard at no charge. Registration details will be provided during your cruise.
Both of these tests are complimentary. No testing is required for guests under age 2."

There are other restrictions for activities during the cruise for the unvaccinated - as is the case with the other cruise lines I have been looking at...

No mention of process if your want/need a test for future travel - ie get on a plane to a destination that needs it.

As a side note - On June 5 they announced the ship would allow unvaccinated (in deference to the great state of Texas law) and a ship change. We elected to cancel the fully paid cruise at that time. Since then - the ship has gone back to fully vaccinated requirement. RCCL states it could be as long as September before we see our cash back (they say they are toooo busy to refund our cash now).

I just read the thread on Viking Ocean about the vaccinated positive Covid 19 passenger in Iceland.  Someone had a good idea to wear a mask indoors((even if vaccinated) for the 10 days prior to their cruise so that they don't pick up the Delta variant.  This is probably a good idea for all of us leaving on cruises, especially from states with more cases of the Delta variant.

Edited by Galley Slave
  • Like 3

I can report I am seeing changes on my Navigator App today, it now breaks down the cruise to number of days, hours and minutes. Then under planning it now is showing my Shore Excursions and Spa appointment that previously were not showing yesterday but Dining Reservations are not showing as of yet. But this is a nice improvement. I think it will all be working quite well once we are on the ship 😂

• Like 5