Updated Information for those Sailing Soon

LAFFNVEGAS

I just wanted to post some updates for those sailing soon to Alaska and Greece.

First as of today if you have any Free Specialty Dining or Shore Excursions from a promotion you are booked under you can now go into HAL's check in and booked those. Even if you have an older Have It All promotion that had the Dine Around Specialty Dining promotion you will be able to reserve that as well. As far as I can tell if you are 5 star Mariner that is not popping up and if you want it pre reserved will have to do likeyou have done in the past and get the credit back once on board the ship. Same if you want the 50% discount. I will state that if you have the Dine Around promotion that gave you two or three specialty dinings, it will only let you reserve Pinnacle one time so chose that first, if you have two it automatically only give you the option to reseve Canaletto as a 2nd option. I am not sure about when there is three because the one I do have three is for next summer on the Rotterdam and it shows I have three but dining is not available to be reserved.

When reserving besure to click on "Use Complimentary Dining" when the pop up box comes up to reserve it.

**The second update that is rather important, up till today those of us that were sailing on the first sailing July 24th the eDocs and Health Assessment were going to be available July 13th which was 10 days prior to our department to Seattle. As of this afternoon its now state July 21st just two days prior to our departure, the same with our September 4th cruise has now been changed to September 1st which is again just 2 days prior.

I am guessing the change is due to this Health assessment needed to be more current than 10/11 days prior and the only way HAL could figure out how to make sure you did this prior was to make it be when you print your boarding pass. I am not sure I like that fact that we will not have eDocs in advance, as well as that is where you boarding time that you will be assigned will be.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

am not sure I like that fact that we will not have eDocs in advance, as well as that is where you boarding time that you will be assigned will be.

I can understand the delay in being able to print the boarding pass, but I hope HAL finds a way to let us know our boarding time earlier than 2 days prior to sailing.  We can't book transfers/shuttles from hotels until we know what time we will be able to board the ship.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cajuntraveler said:

I can understand the delay in being able to print the boarding pass, but I hope HAL finds a way to let us know our boarding time earlier than 2 days prior to sailing.  We can't book transfers/shuttles from hotels until we know what time we will be able to board the ship.  Thanks for the info!

I do not understand why our boarding passes can’t be printed for July cruises.  If the printing of them is tied to the health assessment then they made a bone headed decision.  Let us print the passes and then fill out the form later.  If they just need vaccination history then they should open it now.

• Like 3

I clicked the complimentary dining when I went to book our two complimentary meals.  When I went to the check out section I was asked to pay the amount for both meals - needing credit card # , etc.  I really do not want to have to deal with this when I board.  Any suggestions?  

21 minutes ago, pictonite said:

I clicked the complimentary dining when I went to book our two complimentary meals.  When I went to the check out section I was asked to pay the amount for both meals - needing credit card # , etc.  I really do not want to have to deal with this when I board.  Any suggestions?  

Did you click on both your names under Complimentary Dining?  

• Like 1

If they are going to enforce boarding time which I totally would understand to maintain social distancing, people need more than a couple days notice for their transfers and what not. I got an email notice with the boarding time assignment but it doesn’t say what the assignment actually is. I reached out to HAL but they referred me back to my TA so I will have her call and see if she can find out anything. 

1 hour ago, idiebabe said:

Did you click on both your names under Complimentary Dining?  

Thank you!  I went back on line, and found the pull down that showed both of our names with boxes to be checked. I did this and the reservations showed up under the promotion - no $'s attached!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pictonite said:

Thank you!  I went back on line, and found the pull down that showed both of our names with boxes to be checked. I did this and the reservations showed up under the promotion - no $'s attached!

You’re Welcome!  😀

5 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I just wanted to post some updates for those sailing soon to Alaska and Greece.

First as of today if you have any Free Specialty Dining or Shore Excursions from a promotion you are booked under you can now go into HAL's check in and booked those. Even if you have an older Have It All promotion that had the Dine Around Specialty Dining promotion you will be able to reserve that as well. As far as I can tell if you are 5 star Mariner that is not popping up and if you want it pre reserved will have to do likeyou have done in the past and get the credit back once on board the ship. Same if you want the 50% discount. I will state that if you have the Dine Around promotion that gave you two or three specialty dinings, it will only let you reserve Pinnacle one time so chose that first, if you have two it automatically only give you the option to reseve Canaletto as a 2nd option. I am not sure about when there is three because the one I do have three is for next summer on the Rotterdam and it shows I have three but dining is not available to be reserved.

When reserving besure to click on "Use Complimentary Dining" when the pop up box comes up to reserve it.

**The second update that is rather important, up till today those of us that were sailing on the first sailing July 24th the eDocs and Health Assessment were going to be available July 13th which was 10 days prior to our department to Seattle. As of this afternoon its now state July 21st just two days prior to our departure, the same with our September 4th cruise has now been changed to September 1st which is again just 2 days prior.

I am guessing the change is due to this Health assessment needed to be more current than 10/11 days prior and the only way HAL could figure out how to make sure you did this prior was to make it be when you print your boarding pass. I am not sure I like that fact that we will not have eDocs in advance, as well as that is where you boarding time that you will be assigned will be.

I am on the 8-15 to 29 Eurodam cruise from Athens.  What I see online is that my boarding pass won't be available to print until July 13.  It says my express docs will be available after July 1 and I don't even know what they are talking about.  BUT I booked my cruise through a PCC from HAL and she was able to tell me my boarding time - which she said is important because with the Covid protocols they are definitely staggering the boarding times.  

I did get the "Have it All" package so I will see if I can schedule those.  I don't want a card in my room with the times already assigned.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Does anybody see their promo beverage package for a Eurodam sailing? We booked on the NS with free grats/dining/shore ex discount (which technically expired back in April) and the free inside cabin. Still not seeing a complete final booking confirmation.

Edited by PoolSlider
Spelling

My TA called and was told we can board any time after 1 PM. Am traveling in a Neptune so not sure if that impacts things or gives a more open window. I believe historically we were told 1, but we have always been onboard by 11. Perhaps they will enforce it and do a deeper cleaning of the rooms. Look forward to hearing from others on the earlier sailings. 

I booked my complimentary dining times tonight with no problem, thanks to the "tips" above. When I tried to book my shore excursions for an August cruise, there was no indication of the $100pp discount in the "cart", only the full amounts. Is there a promo code I have to use? My booking does show the up to $100 shorex credit pp in a "box" on the site, but the actual final statement before finishing the transaction does not show any discount. I did not complete the booking because if the discount did not appear after "complete transaction", I would've had to cancel the bookings and wait for the refund. Has anyone actually booked a shorex WITH a discount? Any "tips"? Thanks, Penny

9 hours ago, PoolSlider said:

Does anybody see their promo beverage package for a Eurodam sailing? We booked on the NS with free grats/dining/shore ex discount (which technically expired back in April) and the free inside cabin. Still not seeing a complete final booking confirmation.

Yes Poolslider we have been transferred form the NS to the Eurodam and our promos have been itemized on page 2 of our Guest Booking Confirmation below our Cancellation fees Schedule and headed Special Services. 

Hope this helps.

12 hours ago, zgscl said:

If they are going to enforce boarding time which I totally would understand to maintain social distancing, people need more than a couple days notice for their transfers and what not. I got an email notice with the boarding time assignment but it doesn’t say what the assignment actually is. I reached out to HAL but they referred me back to my TA so I will have her call and see if she can find out anything. 

So if you show up later than your assigned boarding time how does that affect your boarding?  Do you have to wait until all of the assigned boarding passengers have boarded and then you board? Or, does anyone really know at this point?

36 minutes ago, tampacruiser said:

I was able to book my free dining, however I cannot get it to work for the excursion piece.  I noticed others are having the same issue.  I may need to call my PCC

I sent my PCC an email this morning regarding the excursion credit not being available.  I also mentioned that after a long hold with excursion number they pushed me to reservations, twice.  I also advised of the frustration of not being able to print boarding passes, even though my screen states June 16 it would be available.  I did remind that we can’t trust their IT to have things working correctly at check in. I also asked that she share with leadership that they are making this more difficult than is necessary.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I sent my PCC an email this morning regarding the excursion credit not being available.  I also mentioned that after a long hold with excursion number they pushed me to reservations, twice.  I also advised of the frustration of not being able to print boarding passes, even though my screen states June 16 it would be available.  I did remind that we can’t trust their IT to have things working correctly at check in. I also asked that she share with leadership that they are making this more difficult than is necessary.

Do you have the message in your Booking:  1 Dining and 1 Shore Excursion?  If so, go in and book the Tour as normal and when you get to the Page that you Select the Names and Time  of the Tour there is a "Complimentary" Drop Down.  Click on that and click on the names.   If you don't do the Drop Down, it  won't apply the $100 to the Tour.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

Do you have the message in your Booking:  1 Dining and 1 Shore Excursion?  If so, go in and book the Tour as normal and when you get to the Page that you Select the Names and Time  of the Tour there is a "Complimentary" Drop Down.  Click on that and click on the names.   If you don't do the Drop Down, it  won't apply the $100 to the Tour.

I do not get the drop down box for the excursion.  Please note that I have the following message on the page: 

• *Shore excursions credit will automatically be applied in the cart to the highest valued shore excursions.
  • Like 1