Updated Information for those Sailing Soon

LAFFNVEGAS

14 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

I am very concerned about the boarding procedures and can't get any information from HAL.  We booked our August 15th cruise and our flights thru HAL but made our own hotel and transportaton arrangements.  The latest Seattle Express can have us to the dock is 1pm, which may be ahead of our assigned time.  My major issue is that I have a bad knee and am limited in how long I can stand and I am getting nervous that there will not be an area with chairs to sit and wait for our assigned check-in time.

I hope your cruise is on August 14th or you may miss your boat. 😃 Since your cruise is still 5 weeks away I am sure there will be more information after the first sailing. What I would recommend doing is ask HAL or your TA to call HAL to have Wheel  Chair Assistance for boarding, those with Wheel Chair assistance in the past were generally boarded  right after those with priority Suites and 4 and 5 Star Mariners. That would supercede what ever you assigned boarding time is.

1 hour ago, idiebabe said:

I think once we’re all Onboard it will all fall into place with Navigator.  🤞

The very last cruise I took was on the Carnival Miracle.  I tried using Carnival's app, which is The Hub.  Didn't think I would like it or use it much.  I loved it!  I downloaded it in my hotel room in San Diego where I still had internet access.  Once I got onboard and connected to the ship's intranet (phone in airplane mode), the app had much more functionality.  I hope that's the case with The Navigator.  

• Like 2

Good Morning, good news!  The IT department fixed the issue with booking excursions and getting the credit applied.  I just successfully rebooked the excursion we wanted.  None too soon as there were only four spaces left, now there are two.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, good news!  The IT department fixed the issue with booking excursions and getting the credit applied.  I just successfully rebooked the excursion we wanted.  None too soon as there were only four spaces left, now there are two.

When I couldn't get the credit on Wednesday, I called the Shore Excursions number.  The agent explained the problem and called back an hour ago to take care of things for me.  All is well now.  I kept the excursions I had booked and didn't get the credit for in order to hold the place.   We were able to cancel and rebook at the lower rate with no problem.  

• Like 2

I noticed something new when I looked at the itinerary for our November cruise.  On the itinerary page in the header it lists that we have pre paid crew incentive.  It’s nice to see this somewhere other than the original booking document.  It also showed us having two free dinners but it’s too soon to book them.

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I noticed something new when I looked at the itinerary for our November cruise.  On the itinerary page in the header it lists that we have pre paid crew incentive.  It’s nice to see this somewhere other than the original booking document.  It also showed us having two free dinners but it’s too soon to book them.

Agree it is nice to see it shown somewhere, but why is it necessary to have to go to 3 or so pages to 'harvest' the information.

Initial page of Manage Booking shows Complimentary Dining and shore exc credit.

Itinerary Page shows Pre-Paid Crew Incentive

Make Payment page shows OBC

Good grief, how hard can it be to show the perks in one location????

On 7/8/2021 at 8:56 AM, atexsix said:

On boarding times, the terminals seem to march to the beat of a different drum than the cruise lines.  I'm not saying they won't be enforced, but Smith Cove staff have sometimes done things completely opposite from what HAL told me.  If people do show up early, where will they wait?  Outside under the bus shelter?  This isn't port of Miami, not too many places on that pier to congregate.  

Unlike past seasons, the plan in Seattle is to open the terminal for passengers when the ship is ready to board.  Arrival times are being enforced.  The idea is that passengers walk in during their assigned arrival time, and then are evaluated by the wellness team.    It is important to do your on-line check-in and answer your health questions to make this quick and easy.  

Please remember to have your passport or birth certificate w/photo ID,  AND your actual Vaccine Card with you.  Even though the ship is not going to Canada, passengers must still have the same level of WHTI documentation to board the ship.

Passengers must wear masks while in the terminal.

Once you have been cleared by the wellness team, passengers move through the rest of the process.  Having checked-in online will insure that your experience will be quick and seamless.  With the metered arrival times passengers should be able to walk onto the ship w/o having to wait to board.  The idea behind this is to avoid passengers congregating in areas like the embarkation waiting area (as in past seasons). 

There are no seats outside the terminal (Pier 91), so passengers should consider that when considering to show up early.  Probably best to stick with your assigned time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I appreciate the information, but this does not clarify how HAL will be reconciling hotel/airport to ship transfers and assigned groups; I never said I'd be arriving early unless HAL's own bus picked us up early at one of the HAL pre-cruise hotels without regard for the groups we were assigned to; this is the part people are not clear on and are more or less in wait and see mode.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, atexsix said:

I appreciate the information, but this does not clarify how HAL will be reconciling hotel/airport to ship transfers and assigned groups; I never said I'd be arriving early unless HAL's own bus picked us up early at one of the HAL pre-cruise hotels without regard for the groups we were assigned to; this is the part people are not clear on and are more or less in wait and see mode.

That is a good point. Of course the logical thing would be to assign everyone on the bus to the same boarding group. Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen. 

1 hour ago, zgscl said:

That is a good point. Of course the logical thing would be to assign everyone on the bus to the same boarding group. Whether or not that is the case remains to be seen. 

That is my understanding as to what they will be doing.  This is the first time we booked the Hotel w/Transfers through HAL.  My PCC informed me that we will be notified the night before what time to meet for the ride to the Port.   

On 7/8/2021 at 12:11 AM, zgscl said:

My TA called and was told we can board any time after 1 PM. Am traveling in a Neptune so not sure if that impacts things or gives a more open window. I believe historically we were told 1, but we have always been onboard by 11. Perhaps they will enforce it and do a deeper cleaning of the rooms. Look forward to hearing from others on the earlier sailings. 

I am in a Neptune suite, too, and my PCC told me my boarding of 1:20 was carved in stone, due to Covid protocols.  I actually wanted to board later since the ship doesn't sail until 7pm.

Just FYI: Wine & Soda/Water - Bring Aboard

There is a discrepancy between the Contract and the June 1 version of "Know Before you Go"

The contract reads pretty much as it always did: 1 Bottle per adult - No corkage fee.

The Water/Soda/milk is now limited to 12-12oz cans or cartons (No plastic Bottles-ever). The "No Plastic Bottle is new (for me), and I am not sure there was ever a quantity limitation.

The June 1 2021 version of Know Before you Go -

Revised Policy effective June 1st, 2021

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/faq/know-before-you-go.html

For wine says "Guests may bring Wine and Champagne onboard, however a corkage fee of USD $20.00 (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to each bottle (max 750 ml in volume or less). 

The non-alcoholic part says pretty much the same thing as the contract except it is in liters (6)...

I am sure this little discrepancy will be worked out one way, or another - someday.  Till then, in my world - the CONTRACT - always rules (except for the laws) - and apparently these days, some people feel, social media... 

The KBYG may just be a portend of things to come...

• Like 1

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:
This notification is to advise that your assigned check in time for your
upcoming voyage has been assigned or has changed. Please take a moment to
review and print the boarding pass page in your documents from Online Check In
or update your electronic boarding pass in our Navigator app on your phone or
tablet to present to our staff at check in.

Received this this morning. (For 7/31 Alaska) Nothing new in Boarding page. Maybe on the 13th....

Edited by Tennessee Titan

3 minutes ago, Tennessee Titan said:

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

Received this this morning. (For 7/31 Alaska) Nothing new in Boarding page. Maybe on the 13th....

We got the email yesterday (for 8/28) - called HAL this morning and she said it was a blanket email and to check back on the 13th so we'll see ... oh, and that she's had several calls this weekend because of it.  Think HAL jumped the gun.

16 hours ago, smurfgirl06 said:

I checked in today for the July 24th cruise.  Even though I can't fill out the health form until the 21st, it still says I will be able to download/print my boarding pass on the 13th.  We shall see if that actually happens!

1 hour ago, Tennessee Titan said:

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

1 hour ago, zelker said:

We got the email yesterday (for 8/28) - called HAL this morning and she said it was a blanket email and to check back on the 13th so we'll see ... oh, and that she's had several calls this weekend because of it.  Think HAL jumped the gun.

While I might live in Vegas I am not a betting person but in this case I might be willing to bet that NO we will NOT be aboe to print boarding pass on the 13th. It has said the 13th for several weeks and did not change when they added the date for the Health Assessment. It had oroginally stated the Health Assessment would become available the 13th of July for our sailing and that we would be able to print boarding passes. My understanding is that they are keeping the boarding passes with the Health Assessment so you don't just print your boarding pass and forget to do the Health Assessment that needs to be done no more than 72 hours in advance of the sailing.

There is just too much conflicting wrong information on the check in page. First stating documents would be available Wednesday June 9th. As HAL learned new things they needed to do they failed to go in and take out the wrong information.

My guess is for those of us sailing on July 24th we will not be able to print anything until we sign in and complete the Health Assessment on Wednesday July 21st. It will be the Wednesday before each cruise for all of the Alaska sailings.

Below is what mine shows.

LISA LAFFIN

Check-in complete.

Check-in complete. Provided your final payment is received, Express Docs will be available approximately Wednesday, June 9, 2021 . You will be notified or please revisit Online Check-in.

Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. Sign and receive your boarding docs starting on July 13th.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Check-in complete.

Check-in complete. Provided your final payment is received, Express Docs will be available approximately Wednesday, June 9, 2021 . You will be notified or please revisit Online Check-in.

Important: This is a Vaccinated cruise. It is required that you attest to having a vaccination with the final dose at least 14 days prior to departure. Sign and receive your boarding docs starting on July 13th.

Interesting. I thought I read several weeks ago pax doing the vax required cruises had to upload proof in advance ( for confirmation). Is HAL now only requiring attestation?

12 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Interesting. I thought I read several weeks ago pax doing the vax required cruises had to upload proof in advance ( for confirmation). Is HAL now only requiring attestation?

In addition to what you provided during your online check-in,  the wellness team will be checking vaccine cards at Pier 91.  Please have your card with you when you arrive at the pier - very important!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Infortunately none of us really know for sure, while several other cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are having passengers upload a picture of their vaccine card I beleive that HAL has failed in this area. Even NCL has been having people be able to upload photos of their passport to their on line app and Princess with Medallionnet you upload your passport in advance and the picture you want seen that will be for used embarkation. As far as I can tell HAL does not have this ability so doubt one will be able to upload their vaccination card in advance.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Infortunately none of us really know for sure, while several other cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean and Celebrity are having passengers upload a picture of their vaccine card I beleive that HAL has failed in this area. Even NCL has been having people be able to upload photos of their passport to their on line app and Princess with Medallionnet you upload your passport in advance and the picture you want seen that will be for used embarkation. As far as I can tell HAL does not have this ability so doubt one will be able to upload their vaccination card in advance.

Thank you Lisa.  Disappointing but not surprising.  We will be flying to Greece the day our Health Assessment becomes available....sure wish we could do it before leaving home, but since it says no sooner than 72 hours prior, I guess we'll have to do ours when/where we can.

• Like 1