How is S.A.L.T.?

M&PGermany

Hi again😀I am eating there tonight for the 3rd time-think I like it a lot?😁. Those lamb shanks are on this evening's menu!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Saw a couple of pics out of S.A.L.T. tonight and I’m hoping Sprins, FLRI, or Lois can help identify the dishes.

1FC1A7B2-6FDF-47D5-BDA1-B0250E225708.jpeg.aa30feca0894c60368840aab6731c8bf.jpeg

Frozen fish fillet and crab cake?

FB1C050A-DF96-4409-9364-D504AFD0B6DD.thumb.jpeg.ab983a13fb076a3641435dcdb5b73856.jpeg

Toast?

Whatever those dishes are, they do not look well plated nor very interesting or appetizing.  Hope there are better choices than this.  Agree, the top photos look like croquettes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Whatever those dishes are, they do not look well plated nor very interesting or appetizing.

That’s what I thought too when I saw the food pics.  Ewww!

But, in the end, I trust the judgment of those here who have dined there and confirmed the tastiness of the food.

7 hours ago, les37b said:

Waffles? Etual could maybe identify! lol (That event was so funny!)

Exactly who I was thinking of when I saw the pics.  Trying to get ol’ etual to post here more often as I love his sense of humor.

17 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Saw a couple of pics out of S.A.L.T. tonight and I’m hoping Sprins, FLRI, or Lois can help identify the dishes.

1FC1A7B2-6FDF-47D5-BDA1-B0250E225708.jpeg.aa30feca0894c60368840aab6731c8bf.jpeg

Frozen fish fillet and crab cake?

FB1C050A-DF96-4409-9364-D504AFD0B6DD.thumb.jpeg.ab983a13fb076a3641435dcdb5b73856.jpeg

Toast?

Honestly, I have been served more appetizing looking food and better plated food on a Carnival Cruise Line ship!  

It looks like "deconstructed cuisine" which I have tried and totally reject.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Honestly, I have been served more appetizing looking food and better plated food on a Carnival Cruise Line ship!  

It looks like "deconstructed cuisine" which I have tried and totally reject.  

35 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

I hate that, too.  I also dislike molecular cuisine.

Agree!  On a totally different level, I found the food at L’Atelier Crenn to be so tortured as to be laughable.  Almost as tortured as their story-form menu.  

5 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

I Agree!  On a totally different level, I found the food at L’Atelier Crenn to be so tortured as to be laughable.  Almost as tortured as their story-form menu.  

🤩  I like real & wholesome food from the kitchen, not some mad scientist's lab.  I recently saw the 2019 documentary about culinary internship filmed at Mugaritz, a Michelin-starred restaurant in San Sébastien and was so turned off by their food concepts.  They turn food into all these strange things and they aim to shock - well, their dish that resembled a used condom certainly did the trick...

Apologies for going off topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ATT  

Brian and Les it is so nice to be thought of and my reply be  to the pictures that you referred  to

to me it looks like the meals they serve the Astronauts, the only thing missing is the glass of tang

If we ever sail together again you will  love the story about the Prime Seven steakhouse on Regent 

during our cruise ton Dubai

So stay safe and remember stay POITIVE and test NEGATIVE

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Not familiar with such cuisine.  And, I suspect, I'd be better for not experiencing such  

Think foams, smoke, powders and gelees…more tortured food stuffs but can be quite good if not overdone.  I remember a meal at RC San Francisco…there was at least one gelee in every course! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Look forward to that day JUST to hear that story.  I know it’ll be good!

That is just teasing us!  Can't you put it on here, maybe doctored a bit if necessary?

Lola

• Haha 1

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of molecular cuisine or too-much-over-the-top-three-michelin-star restaurants, either. I prefer restaurants from the "Bib Gourmand" - those who are close to receiving their first Michelin star.

But, let's not forget, it's an art form. It's not only about "getting fed". If you go to a restaurant like the above mentioned places, you should know what to expect and to be able to enjoy the amount of work that has been put into these dishes by mostly young people who are trying to create something really amazing with good products. 

Having travelled all over the U.S. for the past 30 years I can say that the "food culture" there, is in my view: problematic.

I would love to try the S.A.L.T. dishes that have been posted above and will certainly do so on my upcoming voyage.

I remember the old adage that you eat with your eyes first…

However, no criticism of the photographer, but I think the photos do not do justice to the food at SALT.

The food is good and the concept is lovely. How it plays out over the next sailings which may not be in Greece will be interesting to watch.

We enjoyed what we ate at SALT while we were aboard. 

Fortunately no TANG, but in giving it some thought, TANG does look like a MIMOSA.  HMMMMMMM.

If you put TANG in a champagne glass, garnished with a few raspberries, you would be eating with your eyes first. Or in this case drinking. 

Would you still taste it?

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, spinnaker2 said:

I remember the old adage that you eat with your eyes first…

True.  My experience:  my eyes are more often right than not.  But, that's just me, maybe.

Edited by rkacruiser

We have some friends on a cruise now and say SALT was outstanding, they really enjoyed it.  Sorry to say the ship we’ll be sailing on doesn’t have SALT yet—hope they add it company wide for the line.

4 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

We have some friends on a cruise now and say SALT was outstanding, they really enjoyed it.  Sorry to say the ship we’ll be sailing on doesn’t have SALT yet—hope they add it company wide for the line.

Hi, SALT is on Moon and Dawn.  I did not hear anything about them adding it to the other ships while I was on The Moon. 

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, SALT is on Moon and Dawn.  I did not hear anything about them adding it to the other ships while I was on The Moon. 

Hi Lois, Welcome back.  I hope you had a great cruise.  Sounds like you enjoyed the dining.  Neil

10 minutes ago, travelnap said:

Hi Lois, Welcome back.  I hope you had a great cruise.  Sounds like you enjoyed the dining.  Neil

Hey Neil, good  to see you again🙂....yes, I loved the food👍

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

They said they are cruising on nether Moon now—don’t thing they got mixed up.