Suite check-in (assigned times) -- does it apply to Junior Suites

I have read that suites and Pinnacles get a 90 minute window before and after their assigned check-in time.  Does this apply to Junior Suites also?  Pre-COVID. we waited in the Suite Lounge and boarded with the full suites.  Thanks

10 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

The letter RCG sent out didn't say not applicable to people staying in JS if I remember correctly. However, given the current climate YMMV

Thanks -- do you have any idea as to who to check with?  I usually get different answers from the reservationist that answers the phone -- I usually use the Diamond Plus desk.  

It is true that depending on where the wind is blowing you might get an different answer.  I would call the D+ help center first, then check with your TA or RCG rep. There have been at least 3 sailings between Freedom and Adventure so they should have a proper answer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

It is true that depending on where the wind is blowing you might get an different answer.  I would call the D+ help center first, then check with your TA or RCG rep. There have been at least 3 sailings between Freedom and Adventure so they should have a proper answer.

Good suggestion on D+ desk.  I don't have a TA or RC rep.  Thanks

On 7/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, SherriZ366 said:

I have read that suites and Pinnacles get a 90 minute window before and after their assigned check-in time.  Does this apply to Junior Suites also?  Pre-COVID. we waited in the Suite Lounge and boarded with the full suites.  Thanks

Please post again and let us know what you found out. We are booked in a JR later this year.   TIA

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, imola said:

Please post again and let us know what you found out. We are booked in a JR later this year.   TIA

Let's try to keep commenting on this post to keep it current;  if that doesn't work, I'll re-post.  

7 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Let's try to keep commenting on this post to keep it current;  if that doesn't work, I'll re-post.  

Wow! She was only asking for you to post your experience so she knows just like you are asking people now. 

Edited by ReneeFLL

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wow! She was only asking for you to post your experience so she knows just like you are asking people now. 

I think what she meant was keeping the thread near the top of the topics list so it could be readily found.  St least that’s how I took her comment and yes, I am curious too.  My family is in an OS and my brother & nephew, neither of whom have cruised are in a JS.  I’d really like to keep us together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

there’s a D%+ desk? Do you have a phone number to share? We’ll be D+ after our Allure cruise next month.  Thanks.

The regular C and A number  800-526-9723  then press 9

• Like 1

Well, hopefully JS will continue being treated as a suite like in the past after the CSO expires.   We always make boarding day lunch reservations and it would be nice to know that we don't have to worry about an appointment when making them.  

On Freedom right now. Check in for suites started first before they let others. We were behind someone who was in a junior suite.   Keep in mind in Miami they make you wait outside until 1230 or so and then open the doors. No one was checking suite time stamps but they were for other rooms. Also pinnacle get gold cards and all other suites get silver in Freedom. Another tidbit in the suite lounge you can order any drink within reason from the new menus. The bartenders go to the Viking bar to make them. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

On Freedom right now. Check in for suites started first before they let others. We were behind someone who was in a junior suite.   Keep in mind in Miami they make you wait outside until 1230 or so and then open the doors. No one was checking suite time stamps but they were for other rooms. Also pinnacle get gold cards and all other suites get silver in Freedom. Another tidbit in the suite lounge you can order any drink within reason from the new menus. The bartenders go to the Viking bar to make them. 

Have fun Mari!!  Did you end up booking the Mariner for August 23rd?

Edited by molly361

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

Have fun Mari!!  Did you end up booking the Mariner for August 23rd?

No. Darn it. I had to wait for my friend to get the go ahead and by the time she got back to me the price skyrocketed. You will totally enjoy perfect day with out the crowds. First time here since they re did the island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imola said:

What is "the suite lounge"?  Does it apply to Jr Suites?  Does the Radiance have one? 

Suites Lounge is for Grand Suites and above. It includes Hors d'oeuvres and snacks as well as drinks for suites passengers. It does not apply to Jr Suites. Radiance does have a Suites Lounge according to the RC website although current deck plans say it is still called the Concierge Lounge/Club

• Like 1

15 hours ago, tarheel3559 said:

On 7/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, BND said:

Well, hopefully JS will continue being treated as a suite like in the past after the CSO expires.   We always make boarding day lunch reservations and it would be nice to know that we don't have to worry about an appointment when making them.  

We're hoping for the same thing.  That's why I started this thread so we can get information before we sail.  Also, I think it could vary from Port to Port.  We're sailing out of Port Canaveral and their boarding processes could be different from Miami or Fort Lauderdale.  

On 7/10/2021 at 8:18 AM, poocher said:

I think what she meant was keeping the thread near the top of the topics list so it could be readily found.  St least that’s how I took her comment and yes, I am curious too.  My family is in an OS and my brother & nephew, neither of whom have cruised are in a JS.  I’d really like to keep us together.

You had the right interpretation about my post.  

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:08 PM, ampurp85 said:

The letter RCG sent out didn't say not applicable to people staying in JS if I remember correctly. However, given the current climate YMMV

I will keep this thread informed if  I get any RCG communications or information from past cruisers.  

The only thing that I read that has been withdrawn (temporarily) is Pinnacle access to the Suite Lounge.  

Edited by SherriZ366