How far out can you request shareholder's OBC?

I sent mine in on June 22, for a Dec. cruise. I got the canned response that they received my email. Haven’t gotten any confirmation yet, but I think it’s better to send early, now that cruises are starting up again.

36 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I sent mine in on June 22, for a Dec. cruise. I got the canned response that they received my email. Haven’t gotten any confirmation yet, but I think it’s better to send early, now that cruises are starting up again.

I emailed a request on June 19th and received the credit yesterday (July 9th), so you'll probably be seeing yours very soon.  At one time I had received it in just a few days, but they're obviously quite busy right now.

• Like 2

The shareholder's OBC is voted on each year -- it's been approved to continue giving it out for many years and I can't see it being voted down now when Carnival NEEDS customers. However, they don't approve giving it for any time UNTIL it's been voted on. So they won't approve late 2022 and beyond---I can't remember when the meeting is each year but think it's not till May??

57 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

You can go ahead and request it now for both cruises.  It took 12 days for the OBC to appear on our booking for 12/11 when I requested it in March.  I just submitted another request this morning for our 3/12/22 cruise.

Do you get an email saying the OBC has been approved?

I sent the email request in May for our June and July 2022 sailings.

we got the approval a couple weeks ago.

on a side note, it is a B2B sailing, ( 7 days each) and they combined the number of days for the higher OBC for $250 total instead of $100 per week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, d-train said:

on a side note, it is a B2B sailing, ( 7 days each) and they combined the number of days for the higher OBC for $250 total instead of $100 per week.

They go by booking number. So if you had a different booking number for each segment, you would receive $200 ($100 times 2). But booked as a back to back with one booking number, you were eligible for the $250 credit.

21 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

The shareholder's OBC is voted on each year -- it's been approved to continue giving it out for many years and I can't see it being voted down now when Carnival NEEDS customers. However, they don't approve giving it for any time UNTIL it's been voted on. So they won't approve late 2022 and beyond---I can't remember when the meeting is each year but think it's not till May??

The vote is usually late spring early summer each year. Don’t mail your request, it’s approved faster by faxing or e-mailing. You don’t need the form all you need to do is send a request with your name, ships name, confirmation number, and sail date. 

• Like 1

I have requested mine up to 2 years in advance , and yes , beyond the next Carnival Corp re- approval

date. Once  it was rejected as too early but most of the time it gets applied .

This applies to my  requesting for sailings beyond the re-approval date, for early Cunard , Princess and HAL bookings..

3 hours ago, skrufy said:

The vote is usually late spring early summer each year. Don’t mail your request, it’s approved faster by faxing or e-mailing. You don’t need the form all you need to do is send a request with your name, ships name, confirmation number, and sail date. 

Of course in addition to all that information, you do need to send proof of ownership. And your customer id number for your stockbroker must be blacked out (or whited out).

15 hours ago, d-train said:

An earlier post mentioned that they have to be the same booking numbers.   Are your cruises the same booking numbers?  All of my B2Bs have always been different booking numbers for each part even when they were booked together, so if that's the case I guess I'll be out the extra $50.

5 hours ago, skrufy said:

Sorry, I was assuming that everyone knew you have to enclose a current stock statement.

1 hour ago, skrufy said:

Sorry, I was assuming that everyone knew you have to enclose a current stock statement.

Yes that part is obvious, but what I really wanted to make sure everyone knew was that their identification number with your stock broker cannot be visible.

I submitted OBC request on June 23 for an 11/21/22 cruise to see how far I could request OBC for. I have gotten OBC up to a year ahead and wanted to see how far out I could do it. Today I got a reply that they can only apply OBC through July 31, 2022. The last time Carnival extended it was Feb 2021 for cruises up to July 31, 2022.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:33 PM, d-train said:

I have two different booking numbers.

but, there is a note that we are a B2B.

so they say...

Are you saying that you included a note that you are on a B2B when you sent in the Shareholder OBC request, or that is it already noted someplace on your Carnival booking and order documents?  I don't see any kind of notation in any of my bookings, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.  Thanks