Welcome lunch for suite guests

Holly123red

26 minutes ago, Holly123red said:

Does anybody know if the welcome buffet  lunch is still happening when you get on the ship 

It’s no longer a buffet but a sit down lunch. But is still there. Your invite is in your cabin so I am told 

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Only if your suite or high loyalty

Oh... I better get cruising then to get more Penisular Points 😉 

Thanks

I used to get the buffet version because I was Caribbean status. Wonder if I will still qualify.

Having been warned off the free 'champagne' mixed in the BOWELS of the ship 🤢 I eventually headed straight for the glass house instead to drink guess what 🥶😁

On 7/9/2021 at 7:49 PM, Gettingwarmer said:

600A5A2A-5CCC-4F14-B40A-38FF1AC1ADF6.jpeg.281ac23ea9bd9ca30da058e1a4d7aadc.jpeg

Now that’s a lovely menu. A great way to start the cruise. I rather fancy a vegetable poke: well, once the restraining order on that aubergine has been lifted. 

But a very enticing selection. I’m getting even more excited for ours on the 25th.

• Haha 1

We had stopped going to the Suite / Caribbean lunches as they were nothing more than a low quality and very limited buffet with cheap plonk. We headed straight to the Glass House for a decent lunch in a quiet and calm atmosphere (as nobody realises that it’s open), accompanied by a bottle of Peller Ice Cuvée. However, this looks like a massive improvement and I hope that it is maintained once normal cruises resume. At least they’ve stopped pretending that the anti-freeze that they serve as sparkling wine is Champagne 😂 

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:11 AM, davecttr said:

I used to get the buffet version because I was Caribbean status. Wonder if I will still qualify.

Having been warned off the free 'champagne' mixed in the BOWELS of the ship 🤢 I eventually headed straight for the glass house instead to drink guess what 🥶😁

I have been in the Caribbean tier since it was created (previously I was a Goldy) but have never received an invitation! Perhaps it is because I take the coach down and usually don't arrive until well after lunch.

Edited by Denarius

17 hours ago, Denarius said:

I have been in the Caribbean tier since it was created (previously I was a Goldy) but have never received an invitation! Perhaps it is because I take the coach down and usually don't arrive until well after lunch.

There isn't an invitation (or there hasn't been until now), I think there is a code printed on your room card which will get you in.  Usually there is a welcome committee who will check your card before letting you in.  

We once asked a member of crew where it was taking place and got sent to the main buffet instead, so beware that even some of the crew don't know about it!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We had a very similar menu in MDR on Britannia maiden cruise and on others since so it is not a new thing and is far superior to the buffet they used to serve.

On a 2015 Britannia cruise we had a proper lunch as described, 2019 Britannia we had something resembling the leftovers of a well attended wedding buffet where a food fight had taken place. 

Oceana/Ventura/Arcadia we have always had the pick and mix style option as opposed to a full menu.  Not sure if we have just been unlucky or whether Britannia was offering something different for a period.

There are other drinks available other than the much praised "Champagne"

2 minutes ago, crompton21 said:

On a 2015 Britannia cruise we had a proper lunch as described, 2019 Britannia we had something resembling the leftovers of a well attended wedding buffet where a food fight had taken place. 

Oceana/Ventura/Arcadia we have always had the pick and mix style option as opposed to a full menu.  Not sure if we have just been unlucky or whether Britannia was offering something different for a period.

There are other drinks available other than the much praised "Champagne"

We must have been lucky then because we have only cruise on Britannia since the maiden voyage and every time we have been on it has always been a meal in MDR.

We’ve been on Britannia 3 times, in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and all 3 times it was a buffet. We weren’t in Caribbean tier then, we were invited as we were Suite passengers. Don’t know if that makes any difference? There were MDR lunches for Caribbean and above tiers, but during the cruise rather than on embarkation as far as I can recall. 

A few years ago we embarked Arcadia in Brisbane.  Whilst we were waiting in the terminal an announcement was made calling for pax with priority boarding to start checking in.  Unexpected.

As we were Carib tier anyway, we gave it a go.  They checked us in and onboard we went.  No Embarkation lunch though. Maybe it was just a local thing, or something that is usual for P&O Australia pax.

3 hours ago, Selbourne said:

We’ve been on Britannia 3 times, in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and all 3 times it was a buffet. We weren’t in Caribbean tier then, we were invited as we were Suite passengers. Don’t know if that makes any difference? There were MDR lunches for Caribbean and above tiers, but during the cruise rather than on embarkation as far as I can recall. 

Our experience as well, never had anything other than a buffet lunch on embarkation, although always in one of the MDRs, and with modest wines. But Caribbean lunches during the cruise do have waiter service and the wines are of a much higher quality.

22 hours ago, crompton21 said:

There isn't an invitation (or there hasn't been until now), I think there is a code printed on your room card which will get you in.  Usually there is a welcome committee who will check your card before letting you in.  

We once asked a member of crew where it was taking place and got sent to the main buffet instead, so beware that even some of the crew don't know about it!

This week on Britannia it’s an invite in your suite. 

33ABDC6F-60C8-4491-951C-1C7F625BB581.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Being Carib tier I think I will partake of that lunch

Vegetable poke bowl

refried bean tostedos

cheese

tea

a refreshing beer

a walk around the ship

then back to the cabin for a little nap 😴

then consume the half bottle of enamel remover for sail away 🤢