RCCL offered full refund and a full FCC to cancel (F.O.S. 7/12/2021)

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm wondering if they started to call those who paid the least first.

Those who would need the whole credit to rebook. If I was rcl I'd have started with the lowest paying.

I think they were called because each of the three cabins has an unvaccinated child. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I like the L & S suggestion.  OP did get a sweet deal with 3 balconies in a row for $2200.  Certainly would cost more now.

I  wonder if they selected to call her because she had such a great price for 3 balconies and there was unvaccinated children.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed those offers are not sitting on a street corner, those offers disappear when you don't take them up on there offer at the moment. I believe the OP may have blown it.

Blown what?  Paying more than double for a future cruise instead of taking the family cruise they originally booked?  🤔 SMH!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

Blown what?  Paying more than double for a future cruise instead of taking the family cruise they originally booked?  🤔 SMH!

The price the OP is looking at now will not be anywhere close to what they could actually get the cruise for if they wait  6 months from now to buy the cruise for July of 2022.

The difference you also aren't counting on all the protocols they have to jump through for 2021 compared to what it may be like in 2022................isn't that worth anything to you?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I think they were called because each of the three cabins has an unvaccinated child. 

I agree.  This factor is what jumped out at me.  Since they want to get capacity down anyway why not start with cabins with unvaccinated people in it.  Even though they are not going for 95% vaccinated I am sure the more vaccinated passengers the better in the eyes of the cruiseline.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The price the OP is looking at now will not be anywhere close to what they could actually get the cruise for if they wait  6 months from now to buy the cruise for July of 2022.

The difference you also aren't counting on all the protocols they have to jump through for 2021 compared to what it may be like in 2022................isn't that worth anything to you?

You don’t know if prices will be lower for their particular cruise next year or if their entire group will be able to travel together at that time.  It’s not my cruise (or yours) so it’s really not fair to say what the OP should or shouldn’t do.  They will most likely do what’s best for them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

You don’t know if prices will be lower for their particular cruise next year or if their entire group will be able to travel together at that time.  It’s not my cruise (or yours) so it’s really not fair to say what the OP should or shouldn’t do.  They will most likely do what’s best for them. 

I take if they didn't want opinions, why bother to post it..........Sure sounded like it did to other members on here that posted on this thread too.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I take if they didn't want opinions, why bother to post it..........Sure sounded like it did to other members on here that posted on this thread too.

I’m not trying to argue with you.  Just saying there’s no reason to say they “blew it” when it’s not your call.  No surprise though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pstone1 said:

I’m not trying to argue with you.  Just saying there’s no reason to say they “blew it” when it’s not your call.  No surprise though.

Blew it, as they aren't getting a call back.

4 hours ago, bamdoo said:

I looked at cruises for next summer (same amount of days/itinerary) and the prices are more than the refund and FCC combined.  We have three balconies in a row (two connecting) that we originally paid under $2200 (total) for.  The cheapest I could find for next summer is $4500.  We live near the ports so that is not an issue.

if they call back maybe go at a different time?  

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm wondering if they started to call those who paid the least first.

Those who would need the whole credit to rebook. If I was rcl I'd have started with the lowest paying.

I am on some Freedom Facebook groups. Families with unvaccinated kids are the only ones I’ve heard of getting contacted.i think they are trying to control capacity in the kids club? I know they are already limiting hours.to 4   3 hour blocks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

I am on some Freedom Facebook groups. Families with unvaccinated kids are the only ones I’ve heard of getting contacted.i think they are trying to control capacity in the kids club? I know they are already limiting hours.to 4   3 hour blocks.

Also they aren’t even close to 40 percent capacity. I have heard of families getting contacted on each of the 1st 3 cruise. This one makes the 4th. 

5 hours ago, bamdoo said:

I looked at cruises for next summer (same amount of days/itinerary) and the prices are more than the refund and FCC combined.  We have three balconies in a row (two connecting) that we originally paid under $2200 (total) for.  The cheapest I could find for next summer is $4500.  We live near the ports so that is not an issue.

Please let us know if they do call you back.  We are all curious to know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed those offers are not sitting on a street corner, those offers disappear when you don't take them up on there offer at the moment. I believe the OP may have blown it.

Not necessarily. If it’s more expensive next year for the same cruise even with the offer then she didn’t blow it. Always need to check everything before jumping on something.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bamdoo said:

I will ask about the L&S option when they call back tomorrow.  If they don't offer something better than the refund and FCC we will stick with our current sailing.  The exact price we paid per cabin for two people is $713.26 (no obc).

That’s a great deal these days.

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Prices will come down, they can book something last minute, they live close to the ports.

BTW everybody knows this is just a 4 night sailing right?

Yes, but it’s still a good deal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

You have no idea what the cost of the cruise will be later on. 🙄 It could be more and it could be less. No one will know until then and to get the three cabins together with a connecting one probably won’t be easy either. Mask wearing might not be as big of a deal to them as it is for you.

• Like 1

Money is a consideration, but so is 3 kids disappointed because they were leaving on a cruise to Coco Cay in 2 days. It’s summer vacation and kids need a break from this crazy world too. Kids have been through a lot and need some fun. Cancelling this cruise would be one more loss of normalcy for them.

Edited by Seamingo
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Seamingo said:

Money is a consideration, but so is 3 kids disappointed because they were leaving on a cruise to Coco Cay. It’s summer vacation and kids need a break from this crazy world too. Kids have been through a lot and need a break, too.

Since you live in Florida, I'm sure you know there are plenty of options to keep the kids happy with all the water parks in your area. I'm sure the kids would fine with a water park like this one.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/volcano-bay?__source=ps..psta..dr..je..ctpk..pdt..len..adv..ipna..exna..pnbr..pous..cuo..pgl..trna..onof..VB2021&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiqWHBhD2ARIsAPCDzakjqSXBGF-O7WPZCOQW4TqDTI8pxvc1KrEk6d38PYxzNpHMhyBOGKUaAsOWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Jimbo

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Since you live in Florida, I'm sure you know there are plenty of options to keep the kids happy with all the water parks in your area. I'm sure the kids would fine with a water park like this one.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/volcano-bay?__source=ps..psta..dr..je..ctpk..pdt..len..adv..ipna..exna..pnbr..pous..cuo..pgl..trna..onof..VB2021&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiqWHBhD2ARIsAPCDzakjqSXBGF-O7WPZCOQW4TqDTI8pxvc1KrEk6d38PYxzNpHMhyBOGKUaAsOWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And what would that cost for tickets, hotel, convenience and food for 4 nights? The ship is more than a 1-day waterpark for kids. 

My point is simply that there is more to the OP’s decision than money. 

Edited by Seamingo

8 minutes ago, Seamingo said:

And what would that cost for tickets, hotel, convenience and food for 4 nights? The ship is more than a 1-day waterpark for kids. 

how about a trip to the beach, what does that cost?..and why would they need a hotel to go to a water park for the day in Florida. Cococay on the cruise was only one day.

You get my point, plenty of options to make the kids forget about a cruise in Florida.

I'm sure they could forget about a cruise in no time.

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

how about a trip to the beach, what does that cost?..and why would they need a hotel to go to a water park for the day in Florida. Cococay on the cruise was only one day.

The ship has more entertainment than 1 day. Yes, I said Coco Cay because that is a driving factor when I book family cruises. I know how disappointed my family would be to have a cruise pulled from them at the last minute. Ships provide a togetherness for family and lowered stress for parents that a one day drive and parking then back again doesn’t provide.

• Like 1